Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
BWM83
Bat Boy

"Shop a Player" Question

My apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I have a question about using the "Shop a Player" option.

After shopping a player and receiving the ensuing list of trade offers from other teams, the players' salaries and contract status are not listed.

I originally downloaded the game in March and played it for months -- when I received the list of offers, you could easily see their contract status.

My laptop fried so I re-installed the game on a new machine and started a new save. Now, when I shop a player and get my list of trade offers, the salary and contract status are not listed.

Am I missing something in the settings? It makes the process of reviewing offers very tedious because I have to view each player's profile to see what their contract looks like. Any suggestions?
BWM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

You may have one hope, as far as I can offer. Does your Shop a Player screen look like the first one, with an empty column where I boxed it, or the second one?

If it's the first screen print, then unfortunately you probably already have provided your own answer, "My laptop fried so I re-installed the game on a new machine and started a new save" in that your league may have become corrupted in the process.

If it looks like the second screen print, however, you may be in luck in that I generated that screen after shutting off my financial system (third screen print). Maybe yours is off, too? Check your League Settings, Financials page.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
BWM83
Bat Boy

I wasn't able to grab a screenshot, but it was indeed the second screen print. My financial system is turned on.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We dynamically include columns based on screen resolution. If you have switched to a smaller screen size, you may not see the columns that you had before.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #5
BWM83
Bat Boy

My new laptop might have a screen that is an inch or two smaller than the previous laptop, so it makes sense.

Is there any way to do a manual workaround? Something with the laptop settings or screen resolution?

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We dynamically include columns based on screen resolution. If you have switched to a smaller screen size, you may not see the columns that you had before.
I was going to say,I've never seen that column, but I am on a laptop with a small screen, so that makes sense.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i'd never seen that column either ... was time to get a new monitor anyway ... so got a 1920X1020 this morning ..... there are "new" screens and better views i never knew existed. WOW. Pretty cool. Thanks for this thread as i got me to get the new monitor a bit sooner than planned.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I don't remember what resolution you need to get it, but the only way to get those new columns is to either play on larger resolution in game, or if you play without seeing overall or potential, that gives us a little more space to use
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote