Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: FAQ

Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
murphyjt
Bat Boy

OOTP 10, online

Howdy, faithful OOTPers!

I am a prodigal user who just bought OOTPX after leaving a league with questionable leadership 4 or 5 years ago (version 6.5). What is the expected/typical delay between a new version being released and leagues having openings in the new version?
murphyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

This may disappoint you but most online leagues wait until all patches are done before switching. Exceptions may exist of course. Since the game is 4-6 weeks (my estimate only) away from release you are looking at September before all the patches are done.

I could be way off but realistically. ... ...

Edit

There are still well run v6.5 online leagues out there. Join one and the wait will seem like nothing.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-14-2009 at 04:50 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

A lot of online leagues wait, but there's always a lot of new leagues starting up with each new release.

Not many wait until "all" patches are out, simply because there's no way of knowing. For instance, the last couple of patches for OOTP 9 were released early this year. I'd say Sept is a bit of an exageration. Usually the major bugs are found and fixed within a couple months of release.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

Confucious says... beware of leagues started by guys with only a few posts on the boards. You'll see alot of those when a new version is released. These guys don't realize that they're in over their heads without experience, and folt rather quickly. I've been in alot of leagues over the 8+ years I've played for. A good league is hard to find and tough to beat.