Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3 franchises have disappeared!

Began in year 1969 and just concluded 1977 spring training yesterday. Today when I turned on the game, Milwaukee Brewers, Toronto Blue Jays, and Seattle Mariners have disappeared!

I've no idea what happened. Under "League Settings">"Teams" it no longer lists those 3 teams!

This was first year for the Blue Jays and Mariners, so I'm thinking it has something to do with that.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm in process of loading an earlier saved version, but want to be sure this doesn't happen again. I'm wondering if maybe there was something I could have changed within the rules/settings that would have caused this. Or is something that randomly happens at times?
Beef burrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #2
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Tried restarting the game and same problem is there.

Also, when I click on a player it now provides info for a different player.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

do oyu have a backup from before the problem?

sounds like your dB got corrupted, from what you describe. (the wrong player profile part)

if that's only when you click a players name in an email or newspapwer article, that's not so bad.

could also be some historical settings - related stuff. i can't help much there, but there's only 1 settings page to look over. are you following the normal expansion of mlb or soemthing custom? the right choice for a setting should stand out when it matters relative to what you want/are doing.

either way, undoing it is a matter of manual labor without a backup. you could feasibly undo any changes, as long as the dB is not the problem as stated above.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-06-2018 at 12:01 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Are the KC Royals still there? Are you doing manual expansion or is OOTP doing expansion?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Are the KC Royals still there? Are you doing manual expansion or is OOTP doing expansion?
I was thinking along these lines myself, but wouldn't he still have the Seattle Pilots if auto expansion was turned off? Ugh, he says he just concluded 1977 spring training.......I need to think before I speak. Sorry.

Last edited by David Watts; 02-06-2018 at 05:23 PM.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #6
Beef burrito
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you for all the responses. Fortunately was able to load last saved game which was with 2 games left in regular season of 1976. So I'll just replay game from that point forward.

The positive is now 1976 KCR has opportunity to do better this time!

I'm using the OOTP expansion, which is awesome. Really like how Expansion Draft was setup for entering TOR and SEA. Be fun to do that again.

I received some good tips and suggestions on the Report Bug Forum and most likely reason for problem seems to be:

1) computer crashed and had to be restarted the last time all teams were there.

and/or

2) For first time I downloaded several logos into the logo folder. So maybe one of them was bad.

Thanks again for the responses.Now it's back to 1976, where KCR has a 1 game lead on OAK!