Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #1
BGDisBatman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2017 Draft Question

Is there a way to just have the cpu create a new draft class for the new season I started? I started a new franchise, and want a pool of brand new players, not the same ones that are set as the default in the first year.

Thanks!
BGDisBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Sure!

Go into commish mode and once the draft pool is revealed, just mass delete everyone in the draft.

Then go into league settings and set the date for the draft pool to be revealed to a date in the future (even just a day is fine). Sim ahead to that date and the game should auto-fill the draft pool with fictional players.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

When Does This Happen?

When starting a new league with the 2017 roster set (OOTP18) ...........in what season does the 1st year player draft run out of real named players and generate fictional rookies instead? I just completed rookie draft 2020 season............and still appears to be all real life rookies. Or does the game keep previous real players not drafted and adds fictional players to the pool as a mix of both ?
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it changes each year, i don't think they have an exact answer immediatly known.

2-3-5 years at most.

what i typically notice is that the last draft or two with real players gets really really crappy -- no high end prospects, or fewer. could be fooled by randomness too.

google the names, when they stop showing up, you can stop deleting newly created draft classes if you delete one extra, no big deal... in fact i'd go at least one full class beyond the last Real name you see in case there are stragglers or partial real/fictional at tail end. (that's probably why the quality goes down, fictional supplementing real, but not very good or fewer so smaller # of good ones overall with has-been real amatuer players still clinging toward end.)

based on what lukas said, you need 1 day per draft class deletion, so can't do it last second. must plan ahead a short bit. eventually you'll cycle through the real players... otherwise you will see the same names again and again in any real 2017 starting league.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-13-2017 at 05:47 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote