Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #41
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
I would be happy too...... except I don't understand. Could you help me?

The only thing I'm seeing close to this is next to "Toggle Report Level"
where there is no splits/less files and complete files. And that does default to the online league option but I do always toggle it to complete. So I'm guessing you mean something else but I'm having a hard time finding it. (sorry). Can you help me?
On the game settings page, go to the Almanacs page. Where you go to "Edit Profile", a few rows down from there there are a couple lines like "Standard profile 'complete almanac'" with a button next to it. Click that "Load Profile" button and I believe you should see box scores in your almanac upload.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #42
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Well, that did it. I just looked in both the box scores and game log folder in the almanac folder they are full of box scores and game logs.

You mean for all these years I've been having to remember to copy and paste the boxscores and game logs (and sometimes forgetting) because one needs to press that button in order for it work?

Well, I guess it's official then. I am the biggest moron on the planet.

Sorry to have bothered you with this.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Well, that did it. I just looked in both the box scores and game log folder in the almanac folder they are full of box scores and game logs.

You mean for all these years I've been having to remember to copy and paste the boxscores and game logs (and sometimes forgetting) because one needs to press that button in order for it work?

To be fair, we should have it set up better by default. It doesn't really make sense to have a flag that you can't change that randomly gets reset and alters behavior. I've made some tweaks so that the almanac will default correctly, but any leagues where you've already generated an almanac will have to go with this same procedure to reset it.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 PM   #44
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

So I just created 5 different leagues (custom, standard, historical, etc), different sizes and minors, and simmed a season each and made almanacs.

And ALL OF THEM HAVE BOX SCORES AND GAME LOGS NOW.

Wow, ever since I've been playing this game (OOTP8 and every version since) I've always had NO box scores. Now ALL OF THEM.

I just hope I remember to hit that button each now since I forgot to copy and paste them manually sometimes before.

THANK YOU MATT. (Gee, I guess I should be sorry for bumping the thread but now I guess I'm kinda not. ) Can't believe it was something so simple that lasted all this time. Plus I've posted about it quite a few times (not in the last few versions as I more or less had given up on it) and I wonder now if I missed someone telling me to press that button once before????

Any, ALL OF MY LEAGUES NOW HAVE BOXSCORES!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #45
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Another satisfied customer is always a good thing.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #46
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
On the game settings page, go to the Almanacs page. Where you go to "Edit Profile", a few rows down from there there are a couple lines like "Standard profile 'complete almanac'" with a button next to it. Click that "Load Profile" button and I believe you should see box scores in your almanac upload.
wait a second, you mean all this time I have been getting box scores because at some point I picked up the habit of clicking the load profile button before running around clicking checkboxes?

anyway, I am elated that we now know

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #47
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Guess I'll ask, given it's an almanac thread. How's 18 for speed creating them? I tried a few versions ago and I wasn't patient enough.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:16 AM   #48
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Guess I'll ask, given it's an almanac thread. How's 18 for speed creating them? I tried a few versions ago and I wasn't patient enough.
it seems speedy enough for me, but it is league & computer dependent. the quad-core I was running tests on came in under 2 hours, but I never babysat, so I don't know how far under.

on my main computer an 8 core, 16 gig w/ a ssd took half an hour or so for my 48 w/ 4 levels of minors .. but that was also only in year 2.

I suspect the HD makes the biggest difference and the multi-core & ram help a bit because it keeps other process out of the way.

they also take up a boatload of space so i move them to my home server and view them over the net

in short, it depends

Last edited by jazzrack; 05-18-2017 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #49
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I just created 5 different leagues (custom, standard, historical, etc), different sizes and minors, and simmed a season each and made almanacs.

And ALL OF THEM HAVE BOX SCORES AND GAME LOGS NOW.

Wow, ever since I've been playing this game (OOTP8 and every version since) I've always had NO box scores. Now ALL OF THEM.

I just hope I remember to hit that button each now since I forgot to copy and paste them manually sometimes before.

THANK YOU MATT. (Gee, I guess I should be sorry for bumping the thread but now I guess I'm kinda not. ) Can't believe it was something so simple that lasted all this time. Plus I've posted about it quite a few times (not in the last few versions as I more or less had given up on it) and I wonder now if I missed someone telling me to press that button once before????

Any, ALL OF MY LEAGUES NOW HAVE BOXSCORES!!!!!!
You only have it to hit the button once, not every year. Just during the initial setup of the Almanac. Once you've made your Almanac choices and saved them they stay constant. No need to tinker with them every year.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #50
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:

No. Not a comprehension issue. It is a design issue. I bet that, were the development crew to make it their mandate to, instead of putting out fires, spend some serious time cleaning up design flaws, they would be much further ahead in the longer run.

This niche creates a VERY dedicated user, who actually is willing to go the very unusual extra mile, as this thread demonstrated. If this game attracted morons it would have closed years ago.
HonusWagner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:41 PM   #51
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
just an update on speed, I just ran the almanac for corporate league baseball. 20 teams , 3 levels of minors, year 15. all options checked... it took less than 10 minutes.

this is beefy computer on an SSD, but I was live-streaming, listening to music and surfing the web.

so YMMV