Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Teams reverted to MLB teams after Historical replay

Mirrored a league from another game. Created Historical league with real players and autoplayed a season. Now that the season is over the team names reverted back to MLB team names. Is there a setting that I have missed somewhere along the way?
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

in an Historical League, any changes you make manually, will revert back to the game default when the season gets reset at the end of the season ... in other words, the game corrects itself so the setting (teams, etc) are correct for the next historical season as it is programmed.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBJT View Post
Mirrored a league from another game. Created Historical league with real players and autoplayed a season. Now that the season is over the team names reverted back to MLB team names. Is there a setting that I have missed somewhere along the way?
If you created an Historical league, this will always happen on the first day after the postseason. It's a royal PITA. I'm quite sure there is a way to get around this, but I have no knowledge as to how to do it. I hope someone can help you figure this out, or you can figure it out. Just had a thought. Try unchecking the "Automatically expand league" box at:

Game > Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Progressing Settings

This will not change the fact that the team names changed. You will have to manually reset them yourself, BUT this should solve the problem going forward. *Crosses fingers and toes* Good luck.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the quick replies. To piggyback on this, when the next season is started, in order to accumulate past statistics for multiple-season stats for teams and players, do I create an entirely new game/league, or do I just change the team names back to my fictional ones and continue on?
Old 02-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies. To piggyback on this, when the next season is started, in order to accumulate past statistics for multiple-season stats for teams and players, do I create an entirely new game/league, or do I just change the team names back to my fictional ones and continue on?
I would think (but I do not know for a fact) that changing the team names back, exiting the game (which will save those changes), and re-starting the game should do it, but...not 100% sure on that.

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Old 02-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

I would also think that the MLB teams would have to match the ID number previously attached to a certain fictional team name?
Old 02-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would also think that the MLB teams would have to match the ID number previously attached to a certain fictional team name?
Not sure on that one. Everything I've given you is speculative because I've always rolled with real historical team names.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:25 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

make your new league a AAA league
change it to unaffiliated
change the level to major league

team names will never change.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #9
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
make your new league a AAA league
change it to unaffiliated
change the level to major league

team names will never change.
Forgive me for asking, but it sounds like the 1st and 3rd lines are contradicting each other.

Do all three of these actions happen before the 1st season is started?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #10
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

do them in 1-2-3 order

you can do them whenever you wish to but all at once though 3 is optional.

you can also experiment around yourownself. I found these steps by doing just that.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #11
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Ok....forgive me if I seemed a little confused. I set my league to AAA and the team names still changed after the playoffs. There was a date for the expansion draft but We were not expanding....I did want to test a Free Agent draft of the next year's real life rookies that would be signed onto rosters.

I will deal with the changing teams issue after the season first before I get into why the rookies for the next year are not showing up in the FA list like I had read they should.

Slowly trying step by step to mirror one of my Historical draft leagues for possible use of OOTP with it.

Thanks again for everyone who has pitched in so far.

Last edited by SPBJT; 02-26-2019 at 07:59 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 02-26-2019, 10:05 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok....forgive me if I seemed a little confused. I set my league to AAA and the team names still changed after the playoffs. There was a date for the expansion draft but We were not expanding....I did want to test a Free Agent draft of the next year's real life rookies that would be signed onto rosters.

did you unaffiliate them after you changed them to AAA? think according to what Spritze mentioned that was a necessary step. just asking in case you missed a step.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:28 PM   #13
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Set it up as a minor league. I did this for the American Association, and it is still around.

History

All of them

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Last edited by scott1964; 02-26-2019 at 10:37 PM.
scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #14
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Yes....I assigned it as AAA and made it unaffiliated. One time it worked on my laptop and the next time it did not on my PC. Ill try it again just to see what happens. Im thinking it may come down to another setting, but not sure.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

If you uncheck the League evolution option under Historical tab then they will not change but any real expansion will have to be done manually. I'll screenshot it if you need me to. I have done this before in the past to keep the Seattle Pilots and again ina different save to keep the Montreal expos.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #16
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Did you set the league up with historical players and fictional teams or were they both historical?
What year did you start in if it was set up with historical teams?
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #17
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Did you set the league up with historical players and fictional teams or were they both historical?
What year did you start in if it was set up with historical teams?
I started with Historical, and this particular league was 1981.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #18
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I started with Historical, and this particular league was 1981.
Ok so you created a historical league and then changed the team names?
Were the cities changed or just the nicknames?
If you can post a pic of your standings after your changes but before completing the season would help
I would backup the league once it is set up.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:03 PM   #19
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Ok so you created a historical league and then changed the team names?
Were the cities changed or just the nicknames?
If you can post a pic of your standings after your changes but before completing the season would help
I would backup the league once it is set up.

Yes, Changed names....assigned all teams human managers

Both cities and nicknames were changed. I have backups and quick starts to do multiple tests.

As for a previous poster, I did not see anything in the HISTORICAL tab that had the word "Evolution" in there so I am not quite sure which setting he is referring to.

I do have Auto Import Historical Rookies checked and Import rookies as Free Agents checked as well.

I did a few tests in MLB (not AAA) league mode and the team names stayed the same, so maybe I am safe there, but wondering where the 1982 rookies are , as it had progressed to the 1982 pre season and I looked at the complete player list and no 1982 rookies could be found.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #20
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, Changed names....assigned all teams human managers

Both cities and nicknames were changed. I have backups and quick starts to do multiple tests.

As for a previous poster, I did not see anything in the HISTORICAL tab that had the word "Evolution" in there so I am not quite sure which setting he is referring to.

I do have Auto Import Historical Rookies checked and Import rookies as Free Agents checked as well.

I did a few tests in MLB (not AAA) league mode and the team names stayed the same, so maybe I am safe there, but wondering where the 1982 rookies are , as it had progressed to the 1982 pre season and I looked at the complete player list and no 1982 rookies could be found.
If you change the city or nick names you may need to make the change in the "teams" file in the stats folder. Nicknames shouldn't be that hard. I changed the New York Yankees from New York Knights from 1981 to 1982 with no problem.
Cities might be more work. I think the city name, franchise and team ids may have to match..
For example if you change the city name for Los Angeles to Brooklyn in 1958 but it is still Los Angeles in the teams file for 1959 then the game will probably change it back to Los Angeles in 1959.

Also changing the team and franchise ids might cause the rookies to go to the free agent pool or not import. I'm not sure what the game looks for when importing the rookies but it may be that when you made the changes it is looking for the teams the rookies were suppose to go to that year and cant find the teams since they were changed.