Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #121
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

At the risk of repeating myself again I will say that I have been a software developer for over 20 years. I am expected to give weekly and sometimes daily updates on my progress. When the customer is external and not internal updates are not only regularly expected but also required as a part of doing good business. So, having said all of that, I would expect for a project like this that has already been announced to the public to have updates at least monthly at a minimum.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #122
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpunk2000 View Post
Jim has always worked like this. No release date until the game is ready. He got screwed over in the past with announcing release dates. It’s been explained multiple times and yet people don’t get it.
That would be all well and good if people were demanding a release date, but they aren't. All anyone here is looking for is any sort of information/communication about whether or not this project still exists and what the relative status is. When you consider there hasn't been anything posted here from developers for 6 months and the forum has more DDSPF chatter than FOF, it's not really an unreasonable request.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #123
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Frankly the problem is really simple-----THIS IS NOT the OOTP that long time customers knew !!!! This company has diluted it's product, it's principle simply refuses to respond anymore to customer input------in short it has developed into the proto-typical "We don't give a damn what the customer wants" company that only cares about what IT wants !!! Sad to see----this used to be a company that would have responded long ago to all the acrimony surrounding this game-----TODAY they sit by idly and both say and do nothing to assuage their customers !!
Old 11-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #124
sirotka33
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Frankly the problem is really simple-----THIS IS NOT the OOTP that long time customers knew !!!! This company has diluted it's product, it's principle simply refuses to respond anymore to customer input------in short it has developed into the proto-typical "We don't give a damn what the customer wants" company that only cares about what IT wants !!!

i've been playing ootp since the 2nd version, and i've played fof since the very first version. please do not attempt to speak for me.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #125
Gary Gorski
Developer of Total Pro Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Well, I went over to the 'dark side' today and bought Wolverines Draft Day Sports Football 2020.

Got fed up with this.
Thanks for the purchase! Welcome aboard - we're always excited to get new people in our community. If there's anything I can do to make your gaming experience more enjoyable just reach out (preferably through our site or social media options where I am most likely to see it)
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: Pro Football
Assoc. Developer of Draft Day Sports: College Football
Wolverine Studios
http://www.wolverinestudios.com
http://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios
http://www.twitter.com/wolverinestudio
Old 11-14-2019, 12:41 AM   #126
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Thanks for the purchase! Welcome aboard - we're always excited to get new people in our community. If there's anything I can do to make your gaming experience more enjoyable just reach out (preferably through our site or social media options where I am most likely to see it)
The Good Place
Old 11-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #127
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Gotta love the apologists swooping in. This was announced almost two years ago, with beta testing alluded to for Fall 2018. Don’t create a forum for a new game if you don’t plan on communicating with the fans you’ve hyped up, plain and simple.

No one is asking for a release date: people simply want a shred of communication more than once every six months.

Also, when BTS was the game in development, Francis was INCREDIBLE when it came to answering questions and providing thoughts/updates. We’ve moved from that to radio silence. THAT, along with people defending this appalling lack of communication to OOTP customers of years/decades (13 years here) is what is toxic.

Close the forum down if there’s nothing to say.
Agreed. This isn't about release dates. It never was. It's about giving us something. ANYTHING. Complete silence is disrespectful to your potential customers and your loyal OOTP customers. I get this is the way Jim worked on the past. But it's not his project alone anymore. Checking in to give an update every month saying something along the lines of 'we're hard at work but here's a little tidbit for you all...' is all anyone is asking for. Silence can easily be mistaken for the project being dead and you'll lose potential customers to other games because of that.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 PM   #128
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

I mean its inevitable that its gonna come out eventually, they've probably put a lot of work into it.

Just hope its by the Super Bowl at the minimum.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #129
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
The thing is we all know this game is going to be great.
Lol, do we really know that?
Old 11-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #130
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
I mean its inevitable that its gonna come out eventually, they've probably put a lot of work into it.

Just hope its by the Super Bowl at the minimum.
Which one? 55 or 60?
Old 11-14-2019, 11:28 PM   #131
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Lol, do we really know that?
For me, I don't say it lightly. I have bought most of the versions of the game and think they are incredibly well done and enjoyable.

The biggest complaint over the years has been the dryness of the game. This version will address that issue.

Also, Jim is a perfectionist. To a fault, really. That is probably part of the cause of the delay. He is trying to make the game as good as possible.

I have no doubt it is going to be great.

You can have doubts. I don't. It is a day one buy for me.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 AM   #132
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

This is not the case, but wouldn't it be cool that the reason they are keeping it silent is because they want to surprise us that they got the NFL on board.... Wishful thinking.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:24 PM   #133
swoboda
All Star Starter

Deafening sadness, hope down to a single thread.
Now back to my 22nd? year playing FPS FBPro 97.

The late great Lindsey Nelson
Old 11-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #134
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
This is not the case, but wouldn't it be cool that the reason they are keeping it silent is because they want to surprise us that they got the NFL on board.... Wishful thinking.

EA had the sole rights to use the NFL and NFLPA licenses for over a decade. I'm assuming they still do. Should look it up. Either way, it was a jerk move for the NFL to sellout like that. It turned the Madden series into the garbage it is today.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #135
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbisEuler View Post
I must've checked this forum every day for 4 or 5 months. I just went a whole week without checking this place once. Honestly I'm proud of that. I hope the game comes out one day but I've relegated my hopes to be just dreams for now considering there hasn't even been so much as a screenshot in a year and a half since the announcement and 2+ years going back to the estimated start time of this project in June of 2017.
This pretty much sums up my attitude at this point. Sure, I'll be interested in such a game if and when it ever happens but I'm not wasting anymore time and emotion on what increasingly looks like a mirage. I'll wait for a mention in a newsletter, someday.

- Bru

Old 11-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #136
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
This pretty much sums up my attitude at this point. Sure, I'll be interested in such a game if and when it ever happens but I'm not wasting anymore time and emotion on what increasingly looks like a mirage. I'll wait for a mention in a newsletter, someday.

Same here. I’m assuming that hopefully, the game will be released right before the start of next years NFL season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
Old 01-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #137
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

So it is 2020....
Old 01-23-2020, 01:25 AM   #138
polydamas
All Star Reserve

It would be nice to have a Super Bowl Update, but I understand if that isn't possible
Old 01-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #139
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
It would be nice to have a Super Bowl Update, but I understand if that isn't possible
Depends on which Super Bowl. If you mean next week’s, good luck!
Old 01-24-2020, 04:16 PM   #140
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Let's close this one and keep the one with the latest comments from Jim and Markus up top.