Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Did nobody test this game before releasing beta?

All throughout the league in my game so far there are all stars that are playing on the fourth line. John Tavares and Ryan Getzlaf are both on the fourth line in my save right now. Giroux is as well. This makes the game borderline unplayable and extremely unrealistic. Fix ASAP
Kinsella19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

We had an issue with a change late in testing that was causing some issues with line selection, and Tavares was one of the guys affected in particular, but that was fixed. I checked a few saves with this version, and the icetime for Tavares and Getzlaf is a little low (the AI seems to be favouring defensive strategies too much, which probably hurts them a bit), but only by about a minute per game. Giroux is off by more, I'll have to see what's going on with him. Icetime for other top forwards is about where it should be, though, maybe even a little high.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
jldante56
Major Leagues

I started a dynasty with the Islanders and let my assistant create the lines with no changes to the roster and they have Tavares as the 3rd center. . .
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I'm looking at it now and it seems to be affecting very specific players, but not touching other ones that are similar to them. Tyler Seguin and Mark Scheifele are fine, Tavares and Giroux aren't. Trying to get to the bottom of it now.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I'm looking at it now and it seems to be affecting very specific players, but not touching other ones that are similar to them. Tyler Seguin and Mark Scheifele are fine, Tavares and Giroux aren't. Trying to get to the bottom of it now.
Thanks - You guys are great.
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:40 PM   #6
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
I started a dynasty with the Islanders and let my assistant create the lines with no changes to the roster and they have Tavares as the 3rd center. . .
Yeah this is what happened to me as well. Except he was the fourth center. They had Cizikas as my first line center. I'm going to go around and look for other errors like this and will try to post them to help the developers.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I found the error in the source code. Young player will get unwanted bonuses for physical and mental ratings during the role checks, so they are overpowered. Is now fixed and will hopefully lead to better AI lines in the first update.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Sebastian found the problem: there was a small error that resulted in some younger players getting far too much credit for their physical and mental skills, which jumps them ahead of much better older players when the lines are evaluated. It won't really be apparent unless there's a particular combination of rookies and veterans on the team, which is why it's only hurting a few guys right now.

We're going to fix it and do some testing tonight, and can hopefully get that to you very quickly.

Edit: and he beat me to it.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:00 AM   #9
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Thanks guys. Sorry about the somewhat snark title, but I've been extremely hyped for this game for a couple of months now lol
Old 10-03-2017, 03:02 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's cool, no worries. And for the record, it really isn't the testers' fault - we made some late changes that appear to be the source of this, they told us they were seeing strange things, we made some adjustments that seemed to fix the problem cases, but it didn't get everything, as you're seeing.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
RavenEHM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So just completed a season in standard mode with Montreal (GM only). Price got 51gp compared to Montoya 34gp. But I noticed that the coach (Julien) would unrealistically use Montoya way more often than he would. For instance.

1st round playoffs: Price got 4 starts, Montoya 3
2nd round, 2 games in and both were started by Montoya (who was listed as cold, not hot like Price).

So something seems to be a bit off with goalie usage. Not sure if it has anything to do with the known issues/observations listed above.
Just a heads up
RavenEHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #12
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Well, if you are a human GM, then you may change the goalies usage patterns (I think if you didn't change it, then you use the preset one), so maybe that's not really on the AI.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #13
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

We made some tweaks to the goalie usage system today.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Update on this: the lineup/tactics problem turned out to be more complicated than expected: our first try at a fix corrected about two-thirds of the problem situations, but the remaining third took a lot of tries to clean up. Going to be testing tonight and tomorrow to make sure it's OK, but it should be in Friday's official release (and update for those with the game already.)

(Investigating it also turned up a wider flaw in tactics selection that's not immediately apparent in the game, but needs to be fixed; it's going to take longer than a couple of days, though, so it'll be in a post-release update.)
Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #15
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

I had the same thing happen to me with Connor McDavid, he was 30 years old still 5 star and was having a great career. I simulated a year and McDavid only have 50 odd points I was baffled! Then I looked at my lineups and noticed he was on the 4th line. Thanks for the updates on the update cant wait for friday!
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #16
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

This appears to be happening in the fictional leagues as well. I've seen many cases where players who are higher on the depth charts were actually assigned less targeted ice time by the AI.
jbaumgardt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
zandre
Bat Boy

Similar situation with the AI lineup logic. I am playing as GM only with Vegas, and my best player by far is James Neal, and he is stuck on the 4th line getting 8 minutes of icetime per night.
zandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's looking good in testing now. Nice variety of tactics used by teams, appropriate minutes/usage for the players who were having problems before (Giroux's getting 20+ minutes a night now.) Assuming everything goes well with our final testing, it'll be in tomorrow's update.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #19
dannibalcorpse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Yeah this is what happened to me as well. Except he was the fourth center. They had Cizikas as my first line center. I'm going to go around and look for other errors like this and will try to post them to help the developers.
are you sure you didn't mistakenly re-hire jack capuano?
Old 10-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #20
zandre
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandre View Post
Similar situation with the AI lineup logic. I am playing as GM only with Vegas, and my best player by far is James Neal, and he is stuck on the 4th line getting 8 minutes of icetime per night.

The lineup logic is killing me. Neal is still perpetually stuck on the 4th line. He gets 6-8 shifts, and 6-9 minutes, but is part of the first team power play. Same goes for Eakin, centering the 3rd line. I don't know how to influence the AI coach to play the best players. My expansion team is getting killed.
zandre is offline   Reply With Quote