Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
spitfire
All Star Reserve

BZ 1592: Popularity Bug

(copied from general discussion)

Not sure if this has come up before .......

Playing version 9 with the latest patch. On my Finances-Advanced Info screen, one of the pitchers is shown as the most popular player on my fictional team. This player just finished serving a 10-game suspension for failing a drug test. When checking his Profile, both his national and local popularity show as "disliked". I can't figure out if he's the most popular or LEAST popular player on my team!

Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen
It could also potentially be that the game assigns a tag to a player for testing positive and then just gives that player a displayed "Disliked" for this, since I've never seen a player go below "Unknown" without testing positive. So given this setup, your previously popular player may still be "popular" in the variable that decides what a player's popularity is for everyone that hasn't tested positive, and the game might just look at this variable to make the list of most popular players, without consulting the tag for testing positive. Just a thought.

Sounds logical. Still, whatever the cause, it's quite a contradiction to have a player listed as the most popular on the team and disliked at the same time. Hardly a game breaker, but likely something that could use an adjustment. That drug test fallout should be taken into account when determining popularity. I'll probably post this in tech in the morning.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This was logged as BZ 1592.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
spitfire
All Star Reserve

One more on this topic ..... just had a pitcher fail a drug test and get suspended. This player was not previously on my list of most popular players. After failing the drug test he's shown as "disliked", but has also become the most popular player on the team. Clearly there's a problem when a guy goes from nowhere to top of the popularity charts after failing his drug test and becoming disliked by the fans. Do all players who fail a drug test automatically rank as the most popular players on their teams? I wonder if the player has really become that popular (which would have repercussions on fan interest if the player left the club) or if the bug simply lies with the listing of popular players on the Front Office-Advanced Info screen? If the latter the problem is simply cosmetic. If the former, it's a little more serious.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
the bug simply lies with the listing of popular players on the Front Office-Advanced Info screen? If the latter the problem is simply cosmetic.
This one.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
This one.
Thanks. That's good to know. At least if an artificially-listed player gets moved we won't take a hit in fan interest as a result. Say, if a disliked player does get traded, released etc., do we get an atta-boy from the fans? Be interesting if there were more ways to become unpopular with the fans (disparaging comments to the press, poor performance, etc) and have that impact attendance/fan interest to some degree. The only disliked players I've seen have been the drug test guys. Are there others? Do disliked players currently have any impact on the fans? And do the fans eventually forgive the disliked player and allow his popularity to move back up again?