Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 12-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

BZ 1984: Scoring Bug

I just saw the following scoring bug in my solo league:

With one out, I had a player hit a double. The next player reached on a throwing error by the pitcher, which also allowed the runner at second to score. The game counted this run as unearned, which it was at that point. The next batter up hit a triple, scoring the runner from second base. This run was also counted as unearned (correctly), while the previous runner was not changed to an earned run as it should have been. Thus, the pitcher gave up a double, there was a two-base error, and then a triple, and the pitcher was charged with zero earned runs instead of one.

I refer you to the following definition of earned runs:

Quote:
A run is counted as unearned when:

* A batter reaches base on an error (including catcher's interference), and later scores a run in that inning.
* A baserunner remains on base as the result of an error on a fielder's choice play that would put the baserunner out except for an error, and subsequently scores.
* A batter reaches base on a fielder's choice which removes a baserunner who has reached base safely on an error or has remained on base as the result of an error, reaching first base on a passed ball on a called or swinging third strike, or remained on base on an error on a fielders' choice play that should have retired him, and subsequently scores.
* A batter or runner advances one or more bases on an error or passed ball and scores on a play that would otherwise not have provided the opportunity to score.
* A baserunner scores after the third out would have been made.
The first point takes care of the second run, which really should be an unearned run. The first run is apparently being counted as uneaerned due to the fourth point - by scoring on a play with an error and otherwise not being provided the opportunity to score. At the time at run scored, it was correct to call this an unearned run. However, with the triple, it became clear that the first runner would have scored from second regardless, and that run should have been earned.

Please let me know if this is in any way unclear.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Scoring Bug #6

I'm starting to think these aren't getting read by anyone who matters, but what the hell - I'm going to keep posting them anyway.

This unearned run issue couldn't be simpler. One out, batter gets a triple. He scores on a passed ball. The game credits the pitcher with an unearned run. So far, it's correct. The next batter singles, but the run remains unearned. This is not how it works in reality; that run would be an earned run, since he would have scored anyway, even without the passed ball.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

These are the same issue, but the second example is clearer.

I have logged this as BZ 1984.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote