Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #21
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Playing first game at Fenway right now in 3D mode. Awesome job guys! Fenway looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #22
Anemic_royaltea
Minors (Rookie Ball)

my little duders just tossed the ball around the horn, i don't know if that's new or not, but it looks great in 3D wide.
Anemic_royaltea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #23
Elf Marine
Minors (Single A)

Every time I try 3D the game locks up. I can use anything I want on the computer except OOTP. It makes it a few outs sometimes but always locks up within an inning.
Elf Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #24
rp03ev
Bat Boy

WHAT AMAIZNG PLAYER MODELS FOR A GAME THAT IS $55 IN CANADA!!! If you look close enough u can see legs and arms on those pawns...wait no you cant. Fr tho...I know most here just sim like 10 seasons in a row but I play this game with realistic current rosters...and acutally play the game out from 7th inning. So its a joke that they cant even do proper or anthing that resemmbles player models in a game like this eventho a SIM game like Football Manager is cheaper than this game and thier sim in game graphics looks like Fifa 2005.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #25
TacticalStats
Bat Boy

Thank you for posting this. Would have spent weeks never seeing this option. I just had a fight at the pitchers mound getting Starlin Marte tossed. Awesome experience and love the new features. I will say this though I just saw my catcher run into the left field to gather up the ball and run back in so its not perfect yet.
TacticalStats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:27 PM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp03ev View Post
WHAT AMAIZNG PLAYER MODELS FOR A GAME THAT IS $55 IN CANADA!!! If you look close enough u can see legs and arms on those pawns...wait no you cant. Fr tho...I know most here just sim like 10 seasons in a row but I play this game with realistic current rosters...and acutally play the game out from 7th inning. So its a joke that they cant even do proper or anthing that resemmbles player models in a game like this eventho a SIM game like Football Manager is cheaper than this game and thier sim in game graphics looks like Fifa 2005.
You've posted several posts saying the exact same thing over several days in a more and more agitated manner.

First, FM is not cheaper than OOTP, it's $10 US more, $15 US if you pre-ordered OOTP (more than that in Canada). Second, this is the first year for those graphics here. Instead of comparing them to FM's graphics now, just check out what FM06 or something's graphics were like. Maybe better, but not by much at all.

So if you hate the graphics or the game, go play MLB The Show and it's shiny graphics or FM and stop trolling here.

Thing is OOTP does lots of stuff far, far better than those games, but if you can't look at the substance of the overall game because all you care about is the newest, most WIP part of the game, you'll never see that.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish with posts like this, but unless you start posting something constructive, you probably won't last long here.

Criticism is fine, so long as it's legitimate, logical and coherent. You don't have to love the game to post here, you can post critical stuff all you want, in fact it's even good to be critical at times but it should be somewhat constructive.

If all you can do is troll then you should do it elsewhere.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-18-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #27
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Canadians are supposed to be nice
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #28
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Bring it Lukas!
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #29
rp03ev
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
You've posted several posts saying the exact same thing over several days in a more and more agitated manner.

First, FM is not cheaper than OOTP, it's $10 US more, $15 US if you pre-ordered OOTP (more than that in Canada). Second, this is the first year for those graphics here. Instead of comparing them to FM's graphics now, just check out what FM06 or something's graphics were like. Maybe better, but not by much at all.

So if you hate the graphics or the game, go play MLB The Show and it's shiny graphics or FM and stop trolling here.

Thing is OOTP does lots of stuff far, far better than those games, but if you can't look at the substance of the overall game because all you care about is the newest, most WIP part of the game, you'll never see that.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish with posts like this, but unless you start posting something constructive, you probably won't last long here.

Criticism is fine, so long as it's legitimate, logical and coherent. You don't have to love the game to post here, you can post critical stuff all you want, in fact it's even good to be critical at times but it should be somewhat constructive.

If all you can do is troll then you should do it elsewhere.
not trolling, just posting it on threads fan boys calling this something sooo amazing when its clearly now. how is that trolling when i want the devs to innovate instead of giving them false praise like these fanboys so next year they do they same thing again and u guys call call it the best thing ever...dem pawns.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:51 PM   #30
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
not trolling, just posting it on threads fan boys calling this something sooo amazing when its clearly now. how is that trolling when i want the devs to innovate instead of giving them false praise like these fanboys so next year they do they same thing again and u guys call call it the best thing ever...dem pawns.
Maybe they actually like it and actually think it's great. You don't, that's fine. Maybe they're less critical than you or have lower standards or maybe they actually appreciate other parts of the game more or are willing to look at the sum of the total game to make their judgement, or appreciate just how much work this is for so small a team and the amount of progress it really represents. Whatever.

You've had your say. You don't like the graphics and you think the game is too highly priced. You've been heard on that.

Is there any constructive purpose to posting the same thing over and over again, while also insulting anyone who disagree with you by calling them fanboys? Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Maybe they just have a different opinion, which is every bit as valid as yours.

The devs want to innovate more than you want them to, that's for sure. They sweat blood for this game. But they're a small team with massively less budget than SI. They can't make FM2016 baseball. It's not possible. It's going to take years to get the graphics to that level. It will happen, but it's going to happen through small improvements each year, not magically, overnight. What they have made is the second best game behind FM in this genre, and when you count in stuff that FM doesn't have like fictional play and customization options and historical play, some folks would even claim OOTP is better than FM in it's own way.

I can understand if you're disappointed and expect more for whatever reason. You've gotten it off your chest now and gotten heard. So please turn your attention to making more constructive posts and you'll be good.

What you're currently doing is literally the classic definition of trolling and the mods really aren't going to put up with it for much longer.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-18-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:53 PM   #31
Anemic_royaltea
Minors (Rookie Ball)

plenty of substantial under-the-hood improvements in this year's edition, but why the what, twelve person development team didn't spend more of their time fancying up little 3D models of players that are mere icing on the cake, I just don't know...

/s
Anemic_royaltea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:39 PM   #32
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

3D Wide Mode--I think I am in Love!

Quote:

You obviously wasn't around here when 3D was first put in.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #33
Elf Marine
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalStats View Post
I will say this though I just saw my catcher run into the left field to gather up the ball and run back in so its not perfect yet.
You have the most physically fit catcher in baseball!
Elf Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:24 AM   #34
hewhoms
Minors (Single A)

This 3D wide mode is probably the thing that is going to put me over the top for upgrading to OOTP17 (I have OOTP15 now, OOTP3 was my first). Anyone want to make a video of the wide mode in action? If people have been able to make their own 3D parks, does this mean someone who knows what they are doing could also make their own player icon images (the "pawns")??
hewhoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #35
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:

1) FM (originally called Championship Manager) has been going since the days of the Commodore Amiga back to 1992, I know because I bought that version and most since. When it was made by two brothers and progressed in a similar manner to OOTP. It took the best part of 20yrs to get a graphical representation of the match.

2) FM has a large team of coders and graphic artists

3) OOTP is made by a handful of people and progresses step by step with every feature as it has been doing with 3D.

I don't think anyone is meaning it is amazing in the sense that it's 'mlb show' realistic on field. People are excited with it because it's the first step in visually portraying the game engine and adds immensely to the enjoyment of managing/watching a game play out.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:52 AM   #36
Basebrah
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This a text sim. All I want is realistic gameplay, stats, trading, finances, etc. I couldn't care less about the graphics, it's an added bonus. I would rather Markus and team focus on the trading, finances and stats than a player with arms and legs running around the bases.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
just posting it on threads fan boys calling this something sooo amazing when its clearly now.
True. It clearly is amazing now.

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #38
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Any chance that maybe for OOTP18, 3D historic ballparks are included. With the historical exhibition feature, and the neat 3D graphics, how cool will it be to play some of the World Series in the correct 3D parks. Or am I wishful thinking? Thanks
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #39
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Well I'm gonna add my two cents.

So I usually just buy the mobile version for my phone now cause it's just more convenient for me to play that. But with hearing about the 3D and the "pawns", it reminded me of a baseball someone put out a few years ago where you could see some of the action with it being a sim too, so I just spent "55" dollars to buy this for the computer. So those pawns just made this company more money.

I think it's awesome you took the best sim out there and gave it something to watch as well. I've been hoping for this for years and am really excited to get the game. I'm disappointed I didn't preorder now and have to wait to watch the show.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #40
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Do we have video of this yet?
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote