Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Excal
Bat Boy

OOTP9 just won't start

I just downloaded it, installed it, paid for the license, and when I tried to start it, it didn't even get to the startup page before I got the "OOTP has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. I'm assuming this is the newest version since I just downloaded it. I'm running XP. Please help!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you downloaded the full version. Delete or uninstall and try again. It should work.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Excal
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell View Post
Make sure you downloaded the full version. Delete or uninstall and try again. It should work.
Was pretty sure I got it right the first time, but I gave this a try. I uninstalled it, deleted the setup file and downloaded it from this page: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/cms/index.php?page=ootp-baseball where it said "Download full version for PC / MS Windows". It seemed to download and install normally, and then I got the same error message when I tried to run OOTP.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I wished I could help further. The only thing that I know how to do is keep the full download and setup file but go into your control panel and remove the program. Then check your program and documents folders to make sure that all folders with OOTP 09 are gone.

Then try the completely fresh run of the setup.

If that doesn't work, it's beyond my ability to help. Sounds like the file is corrupted and a fresh install should work.

So sorry. It's a great game and should run on Win XP. Is your hard drive almost out of memory or to you have a very small amount of RAM?
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

nm
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
Excal
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell View Post
So sorry. It's a great game and should run on Win XP. Is your hard drive almost out of memory or to you have a very small amount of RAM?
It is an old computer. I've got about 3 GB of memory left (on a 10 GB HD), but only 192 MB of RAM.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excal View Post
It is an old computer. I've got about 3 GB of memory left (on a 10 GB HD), but only 192 MB of RAM.
That's not an adequate amount of RAM to run this program or any modern game. If you don't have another computer, you should contact support@elicense.com about getting a refund.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
Excal
Bat Boy

I'll note that OOTP 7 had the same memory requirement and ran without issue on this same computer.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

From Out of the Park Baseball - System requirements:

Windows Vista or XP (for Windows 98 and Windows Me read this)
1024x768 display
1GHz processor
256 MB RAM

And that really is bare minimum. You can't progress very far into even a small universe without issues at 256 MB RAM.

By OOTP 7, do you mean 2007? Will it still run if you try it right now?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

As the original poster has not responded to this thread in five days, this thread will be closed for housekeeping reasons. If you need any further assistance with this matter whatsoever, please don't hesitate to post a link to this thread in Tech Support and we will be happy to continue to help you. Thanks.
Closed Thread