Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Broke a historic league

I started a historical league, changed my team name and after my second season the expansion triggered my team being eliminated and a single team expansion draft being created. I can still protect players but my team is gone. It no longer exists for me to go look at lineups, front office, ect. and is also removed from the historical record.

Kind of a bummer to start over with all that work, especially after going from worst to first.

Owner, New York Knights, TTBL
railroad_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

If it well and truly was a renamed historical team it would still exist under a different name when the historical updates occurred after the season.

If it was a fictional team added to an historical league then it is gone.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
If it well and truly was a renamed historical team it would still exist under a different name when the historical updates occurred after the season.

If it was a fictional team added to an historical league then it is gone.
I think it does exist, I'm just not sure WHERE it exists.

I started in 1901 and renamed the Milwaukee or Baltimore team--I forget which. After 1901 season they changed to the St. Louis Browns and so I renamed them again and this time adjusted the abv. and historical ID. I should note I'm playing in challenge mode so my ability to micromanage league changes is limited. After the 1902 season my team is gone and the league wants to expand and add the St. Louis Browns to the vacated spot.

I can still offer arbitration to my players (I think) but they are currently all $0... I can protect players against the expansion draft for the St. Louis Browns. I can see my major league players and DL (28 players) in the protection screen but they do not exist anywhere else in game as far as I can tell. When I click on one of my players and click on his team (still listed) there's nothing there. It's blank. But it still lists him as a member of that team. Also the minor league teams are gone and those players are in the FA pool.

Players from my team don't show anywhere else in the game except the Expansion Draft Protection. (other than an individual search) But they do show on certain reports (such as player rankings)

I've played a lot of historical leagues this way and I've never seen anything like this--though usually I play outside challenge mode so I can teak the minor leagues and change affiliations, cities and leagues as time goes on.

It's also frustrating because I'll name teams from cities like Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, NY, ect with and A or and N behind their name to distinguish between them on reports and each season they revert back to their name dropping the A or N.

It's only 2 season so I'll chalk it up to a learning experience but I thought I'd mention it here. It's always fun to start these things with players from across random Eras so I'll do it again--but I'm hoping to avoid this from happening in the future (or in future versions)

Last edited by railroad_ross; 01-15-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

As an additional thought I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with renaming the team by another historical name which appeared in the league this season.