Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #81
Orion
Major Leagues

Oh Flipping is a very legit strategy...not knocking it other than as I said, my lineups are fairly static. When I flipped Pedro, I wanted to have Blue starting for Game 2 6 at home and let Pedro start game 5 at your place. Vida Blue should have been MVP, he went 4-0!

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #82
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Well, this series couldn't be much closer. Both games 4 and 5 were one-run affairs. Now the series shifts back to La Crosse for the final act...
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #83
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Scorpions are very tough. Not just because their roster is so powerful, but because the manager is very active as well.

When my Frogs beat Scottsdale in 7 games two weeks ago, I had to pull out all the stops and then some. This included going to 3-man rotation and 1-man rotation at various points in the series. Not to mention setting 7-day lineups/pitch counts and doing whatever I could "behind the scenes." There were also some lucky decisions that countered some of their strategy like when they pulled the surprise (!) starter move and it was neutralized by my 7-day lineup surprise (!!). Even then, it came down to a 7th game.
I chose not to micro manage, not because of strategy, belief or anything in between. RNG/Math is god and in reality there should not be much you can do when emotional IQ/motivation is not present...but with that being said it sure does play with your head when you lose and a very tiny part of you believes you could have persuaded a program to go out and give it their best shot, or that the confidence you showed player paid off.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:07 AM   #84
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Congrats, Orion!

Things didn't go my way today. Hopefully I did an awesome job at least priming you for the Orlando Shockers... (assuming they have enough championships already)

You sure did prime me up, Guardians close out the series at home, taking the title convincingly in 5 games!

Old 01-27-2020, 12:10 AM   #85
Orion
Major Leagues

And now its official, Who's Shocked Now?!!

Old 01-27-2020, 12:11 AM   #86
Orion
Major Leagues

Ups too excited heh, here's the screenshot:
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2020, 12:41 AM   #87
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Welp, I had a pretty detailed recap of how it went down, but I closed OOTP and my cpu crashed as it tends to when OOTP is not open (weird, I know).

Anyhow, the Frogs outlasted the Bold North in 7 games to claim PL medallion #10. Instant classic series. The final 4 games were all decided by one run. When the enemy Red Ruffing whitewashed the Frogs in G6 for a 1-0 Bold North win, things were getting pretty tense at the Lily Pad.

In G7, the Frogs were down 4-1 as the enemy Ed Walsh was dealing....but, 8th inning doubles by 100 Ozzie and 100 Ashburn precipitated a pitching change to enemy 100 Waddell. The lefty was promptly greeted by the good guys' Luke Appling hitting a 330-ft wall scraper to tie it at 4-4.

In the 9th inning, my 100 Hoffman worked his way past SE Dick Allen (full count backwards K), SE Norm Cash (full count backwards K), and 99 George Brett (that pine tar stuff I had in the original version of this post was pretty good, but oh well).

In the bottom of the 9th inning, my 100 Bonds and 99 Berra dispatched the enemy 100 Eck with back-to-back doubles to walk it off. Eh, the part I had about fans getting arrested on the field here wasn't that funny though.

Appling was deservingly named PL Series MVP. Ed Walsh nabbed Pitcher of the Year (his 4th). Red Ruffing got Reliever of the Year (his 1st). No Gold Gloves and only Yogi Berra won a Great Bat (also kind of fitting considering G7's ending).

Anywho, the Old Timer # is now avenged. We now consider the matter to be closed. Please do not place us in OL anymore.

It will be nice to have this memory to hold onto next week whilst taking lumps in the Whale League. It's a hard knock life for us...
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:46 AM   #88
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Scorpions win their 11th PL. Boooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnngggggg!
Old 01-27-2020, 01:37 AM   #89
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

FTP Senators go whale hunting for 2nd PL win
Attached Images
Image Image 
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:10 AM   #90
daves
Hall Of Famer

This is how my post season go. Two World Series game 7 loses.
Attached Images
Image Image 

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #91
Edster007
All Star Starter

Coney Island is still in search of their first PL Championship. They got swept in the World Series losing all 4 games by one run. Since 2025 they have only missed the playoffs 4 times but cant get over the hump.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #92
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

The Devil Rays seal their 2nd Perfect championship with a 4-1 victory over the plucky Cheektowga Knights. Probably the weakest perfect league I've ever seen, with me taking on the mantle of the whale in the league despite not being remotely whale like, but the record books will just say PL champions!