Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #61
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

I just got an error when it asked me for my key after MONTHS of using eSellerate's version. I sent you a PM, but I need this game up and going.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:20 PM   #62
ronaldjensen2000
Bat Boy

eseller not working

Looks like eseller might have given up the ghost. Can't authenticate. Says it can't find the eseller server
ronaldjensen2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:34 PM   #63
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldjensen2000 View Post
Looks like eseller might have given up the ghost. Can't authenticate. Says it can't find the eseller server
Same issue.
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #64
mjryan65
Minors (Double A)

Me too

OOTP 20 worked fine yesterday. Started it today and was asked for the license. Entered it and then got the:

Unknown server error. something is wrong with the eSellerate license server
mjryan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #65
Asov
Minors (Single A)

Server is back aparently.
Asov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #66
mjryan65
Minors (Double A)

It's working now
mjryan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:17 PM   #67
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
And people were worried about Steam for so long
I tried to join steam, by all accounts they wouldn't accept my email addy even though it never mentioned why. This I had to learn from a customer as after 5 times trying to contact Steam and 3 weeks of no replies I gave up with them. Now I've come to the conclusion if there support is so poor I'm better not purchasing from them.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:07 PM   #68
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Confession: I had originally purchased OOTPB 20 with an eSellerate license. When the news in this thread was announced, I hemmed and hawed - yes, I value Markus' reassurance on the first page but I couldn't feel comfortable, nonetheless - so I broke down and purchased a Fastspring license, just in case.

I am NOT advocating people to do this. Game companies should be responsible for their products and this includes OOTPD. To their credit, they said they would, for OOTP20 (not as definite for older versions), "find a way to give an alternate license for people who asked, either to the new store or Steam."

So don't do what I did. However, I can sleep well at night, knowing that my favorite game is safe from the cyber vagaries implied by the "eseller not working" messages above. Someday, that will not be a false alarm.

For 28 minutes yesterday, from 7:20PM to 7:48PM EST, I would have been a basket case if I had seen those posts were it not for this "insurance policy"!

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-28-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #69
Labcoatmafia
Bat Boy

So my PC died, and I got a new one. I had the license through eSellerate. I was able to get the old machine up and running enough to uninstall the license, but it's saying no more licenses are available. To my knowledge, that's my only license. Anyone have any idea what I should do?
Labcoatmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #70
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Confession: I had originally purchased OOTPB 20 with an eSellerate license. When the news in this thread was announced, I hemmed and hawed - yes, I value Markus' reassurance on the first page but I couldn't feel comfortable, nonetheless - so I broke down and purchased a Fastspring license, just in case.

I am NOT advocating people to do this. Game companies should be responsible for their products and this includes OOTPD. To their credit, they said they would, for OOTP20 (not as definite for older versions), "find a way to give an alternate license for people who asked, either to the new store or Steam."

So don't do what I did. However, I can sleep well at night, knowing that my favorite game is safe from the cyber vagaries implied by the "eseller not working" messages above. Someday, that will not be a false alarm.

For 28 minutes yesterday, from 7:20PM to 7:48PM EST, I would have been a basket case if I had seen those posts were it not for this "insurance policy"!
Panic much?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #71
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Panic much?
Not about OOTPB, no, thank goodness. About another favorite game, yes, but that's a whole other story.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:16 PM   #72
njherdfan
Bat Boy

I've sent PMs about this but my problem mirrors everyone else's. Is there any resolution in sight?
njherdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #73
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

eSellerate down

This explains why I got a new computer, released the license off the old one for 20 and I am getting an out of license for it when I try to get it working on new PC...

I still can't access 20 and it has been a week.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #74
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I'm not Markus, but I can interpret what he said.

"eSellerate will continue to operate the license/unlicense servers for the forseeable future" means exactly that. At some point, the game may become unplayable, but that's a long way away.
It has happened to me. I have not been able to access my 20 team in a week because it did not properly release the license when I moved it to a new computer.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #75
Baseballr77
Minors (Single A)

Same thing happened to me. Made a ticket and sent a PM yesterday, no response.

Sooner born, Sooner bred, When I die, I'll be Sooner dead.
Baseballr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #76
cohimbra
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballr77 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Made a ticket and sent a PM yesterday, no response.
Be patient. I wait 6 days then my ticket was positively solved.
cohimbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:10 PM   #77
TigersSuperFan
Bat Boy

Esellerate license servers DOWN now

It appears that the time has come when the license servers are gone now. I am attempting to move a license from one laptop to another and I am not able to do it. Can someone help me with a solution? This is for OOTP20.

Thanks,
Tim
TigersSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #78
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigersSuperFan View Post
It appears that the time has come when the license servers are gone now. I am attempting to move a license from one laptop to another and I am not able to do it. Can someone help me with a solution? This is for OOTP20.

Thanks,
Tim
If you open a support ticket or send an email to support@ootpdevelopments.com with the license number, we can submit it to Digital River to be reset.

It usually takes a few days after you submit it for the reset to actually happen though, just so you know what to expect

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote