Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #81
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Really? How extensive is this? If I start in 1931 do I have real players for every draft? That's something I've always wanted from a game, if so that's amazing!
The historical players will be generated with age 17 and they will be in the next draft draftclass if they comply the draft rules.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #82
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Really? How extensive is this? If I start in 1931 do I have real players for every draft? That's something I've always wanted from a game, if so that's amazing!
Yes. You can do it one of two ways: have the players all appear at age 17 and get drafted (even if there wasn't a real NHL draft in the year you're playing in), or have them appear on the first NHL team that ever owned their rights at whatever age that happened. Either way, you get new real players every year - Howe in the 40's, Orr in the 60's, Gretzky in the 70's, etc.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #83
jvjc1233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So if i'm in full screen with the window size at "maximize" and stuff is still cut off there's nothing I can do?
jvjc1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #84
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
I am curious about how some of the attributes interact. If I wanted to create a forward with a powerful but inaccurate shot, do I just dial up shooting range and dial down shooting accuracy? Or are there other levers I can pull?
That's exactly how to do it, yeah. Power's generally correlated with shooting range, accuracy with...well, accuracy.

Quote:
The game looks very slick. One issue I noticed is that in historical certain special characters (ie, the "č" in Martin Ručinskı) show up as question marks.
Which screen exactly is it showing up like that? We've stamped them out in most places, but there always seem to be more hiding on us.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #85
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Can someone explain training in a bit more detail? Is it organization wide or individual clubs with coaches? I don't entirely understand how it works and the manual just provides top-line descriptions.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 PM   #86
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
Can someone explain training in a bit more detail? Is it organization wide or individual clubs with coaches? I don't entirely understand how it works and the manual just provides top-line descriptions.
Individual clubs with coaches. Did you find the Development, Training, and Aging page in the manual, though? I wrote a pretty extensive description there.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #87
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjc1233 View Post
So if i'm in full screen with the window size at "maximize" and stuff is still cut off there's nothing I can do?

I would also like to here the answer, because I'm in the same boat.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #88
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
What resolution is the game set to right now? Check the preferences menu on the start screen. You want the second number (window height) to be smaller than the one you're using now so your window's not taller than your screen is.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #89
beantownbruin
Bat Boy

Is there a way to set positional tactics for all four lines at once (set the same tactics for each line all at once rather than one by one)?
beantownbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #90
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Which screen exactly is it showing up like that? We've stamped them out in most places, but there always seem to be more hiding on us.
Seems to be on every screen. Roster, lines, the player's profile page, the player edit page. It's a 2004 historical season.

I poked through a few teams and I'm only seeing the ' č ' and ' ď ' characters as question marks.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #91
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruin View Post
Is there a way to set positional tactics for all four lines at once (set the same tactics for each line all at once rather than one by one)?
Go to the templates tab on the tactics screen, make your changes, then save as new template. That'll put your new tactic in the load template dropdown on the main tactics screen, and you can quickly load it for each line without having to re-enter everything.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #92
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunt3m View Post
Seems to be on every screen. Roster, lines, the player's profile page, the player edit page. It's a 2004 historical season.

I poked through a few teams and I'm only seeing the ' č ' and ' ď ' characters as question marks.
OK, we'll check it out. But I swear the Czechs and Slovaks keep inventing new letters to do this to us.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:11 PM   #93
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
What resolution is the game set to right now? Check the preferences menu on the start screen. You want the second number (window height) to be smaller than the one you're using now so your window's not taller than your screen is.

It might be a task bar at the bottom of the screen that is blocking everything. That was my problem. I put it in hidden mode and now I can play and see the bottom of the screen. Adjusting the screen size didn't help.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #94
shinomourikenji
Bat Boy

Quote:
Are you by chance using a mac? I finally got my screen to show the whole game using a couple shifty little changes to my setup.
shinomourikenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #95
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Copied and pasted this question from the general forum, as I didn't notice this thread at first.....

Loving the game so far. One thing I've struggled with (and this is something that occurs in OOTP16 as well) is that the fonts are very small on high resolution settings (the default on my ultrabook is 3200x1800). Maximizing window size doesn't help. Is there any way to improve readability without having to simply lower my screen resolution every time I play? Again, this is something I've dealt with in the past, so I came into this knowing I might have to work around it myself, but it would be nice if I didn't have to take this extra step just to be able to read the font.

Setting preferences to full screen or maximizing window size doesn't seem to do anything to make the font bigger. Basically, I'm just trying to scale up the font size.

Last edited by flyers139; 09-28-2015 at 08:30 PM.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 PM   #96
jvjc1233
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomourikenji View Post
Are you by chance using a mac? I finally got my screen to show the whole game using a couple shifty little changes to my setup.
I am, what did you do? PM if it's easier
jvjc1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 PM   #97
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is a huge upgrade on 2014 and I am really enjoying it so far!

I have two questions so far:

1) when I start a game and then go back to the main screen to change something in the options, how do I get back to the game screen? I seem to be stuck at the main menu.

2) I asked this in the facegen mod thread but I'll ask here: I've created some facegen files for NHLers but they're not automatically loading up. I've stored them in the fg_files folder just like in OOTP but they're only showing up when I manually load them for each individual player. The naming conventions are correct too, so it's not that.
Oyaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #98
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I finally get the logos to show up but for the life of me i can't get the st louis blues to work. I have tried st_louis_blues , st._louis_blues. Finally i figured out you need to underscores between st and louis. What a going on.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #99
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

In a future update, I would really like to see the "unretire" option for players.

Pretty bummed to see Jaromir Jagr retire at 43 coming off a 23-goal 45 point season with the Oilers.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #100
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I'm trying to sim ahead a month just to get a feel of how players do after far as scoring wise but i keep getting the message that i have new mail. Can i change it to ignore for the time being?

Edit: Nm i figured it out.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-28-2015 at 09:12 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote