Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #1
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Historical League Setup Help

Okay, I will christen this subsection of the forums.

I am wanting to start a Historical League, manager only with the 1969 Cardinals. I may take this career over multiple seasons.

When walking through the setup this morning I wondered if there were any settings that those more experienced with the game think I should be aware of.

I think I decided that for my purposes that Use Historical Transactions and Use Historical Lineups should probably be unchecked.

I was unsure about the minor league levels to include or how much of a difference they make in Historical Leagues. Or if they matter in a manager only game mode.

I clicked on advanced at that point and saw all the other options (whew!) and just wondered, since I can't start the game in earnest until tonight, if there were any tips or settings the that historical players feel are beneficial.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

If you're new to the game then I would go through the wizard to initially set up your league then after that's done you can change your options.

In a pure historical league I would not use any minors. The reserve roster system will suit your needs. (They won't play games but will develop etc.). If you recalculate ratings each year then it's moot anyhow.

Play in commissioner mode. It gives you access to stuff you may want later but won't affect gameplay.

The only options I sonetimes tweak are neutralized vs real stats. (This is often debated), decide which fielding years you want (depends on how much flex you want) and some people decrease the player adjustments to less ab/ip.

But definitely download the all in one for the historical jerseys, baseball cards etc.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
If you're new to the game then I would go through the wizard to initially set up your league then after that's done you can change your options.

In a pure historical league I would not use any minors. The reserve roster system will suit your needs. (They won't play games but will develop etc.). If you recalculate ratings each year then it's moot anyhow.

Play in commissioner mode. It gives you access to stuff you may want later but won't affect gameplay.

The only options I sonetimes tweak are neutralized vs real stats. (This is often debated), decide which fielding years you want (depends on how much flex you want) and some people decrease the player adjustments to less ab/ip.

But definitely download the all in one for the historical jerseys, baseball cards etc.

Oh oh....I just lost my breath....are you saying this years version comes with historical jerseys????
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
[/B]

Oh oh....I just lost my breath....are you saying this years version comes with historical jerseys????
It comes with historical logos but you can use the add on central to easily get the historical jerseys and caps the community has made.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 03-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

How far back do the historical transactions and lineups go in this version?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the tips.

When I want through the setup this morning I left the minors unchecked so I seems I did the right thing there. I did not choose commissioner mode though.

I definitely want to download the all-in-one mod and any other than makes it more realistic. I did not enjoy seeing the blank faces and generic jersey on my Meet The Team screen.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Maddox
All Star Reserve

So I messed with it at lunch and downloaded the 2015 All-In-One. It appeared to add photos to the photo folder but only of current players.

Do I assume I need to download either a historical Photo or Facegen Pack? Along with a historical jerseys? I think I also saw stadiums. Should I grab those?

If I download a Historical Photo or Facegen pack do I need to have the program create facegens for the players during the setup phase or just leave them off for the setup?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #8
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

All of the downloads you want / need should be at OOTPmods.com. The AIO unfortunately really just has current stuff. The historical needs to be done separately.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 AM   #9
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
[/B]

The game comes with historical logos and uniforms without any downloads needed. No player pictures, though, due to licensing.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote