Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 11-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #41
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Developing D

As a follow up to my previous point about defensive development, I would like to see prospects develop defensively in the minors as well as offensively.

Further, I would like to be able to specify what position they should be playing. For instance, say I draft a shortstop who looks like he would do well at third but has never played there. I would like to change him to a third baseman and have him develop as one.

I realize iOOTP cannot play or simulate minor league games, but something happens to players in the minors -- they develop offensively and get injured. Why not have them develop defensively?
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #42
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Finding a trading partner

Further to my previous post about a "Trade for Player / Trade for Prospect" screen, it would be nice if I could populate my side of the trade screen with the prospects I'm willing to trade (say a catcher and a third baseman) and get a list of teams that have a weakness at those two positions.

This wouldn't be a massive new feature, but right now it takes me 45 taps to walk through the other 29 teams in my leave to look at their weaknesses and find a likely trade partner. This would speed up game play by eliminating a lot of wasted time.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #43
revcarte
Major Leagues

airprint

Once again, I would love the ability to print the boxscores and rosters etc… This is once of the easiest things to do with Air Print but has never been taken seriously. thank you.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #44
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspeedo View Post
Clear All button added to your lineup and depth charts.

Ability to sim more than a week at a time.

More diamonds in the rough in the drafts.

Better logic in upgrading historical players when simulating season to season. As it is, if a guy wasn't drafted high, he won't turn out to be much. Best example is Nolan Ryan. I've never been able to get him to turn into anything. Can't even get the guy into my starting rotation because his stamina sucks when you draft him.
^THIS.

Nolan Ryan, Steve Carlton, and Phil Niekro all have virtually no stamina when they're drafted in historical sims.

I think that the concept of pitcher stamina in the game needs to expand. I'd like to see it in Player History when OSA scouts players to monitor pitcher stamina for one thing. I also think that if a reliever gets spot starts and throws a good amount of innings, his stamina should increase. I've seen plenty of pitchers' staminas fall off the face of the earth, but I've never seen a pitcher's stamina substantially increase.

In general, it should be more likely that players drafted late or not drafted at all can end up becoming valuable. There's a fair enough possibility that high draft picks/prospects end up as busts, but it's very rare to have a guy drafted in the 5th round or undrafted become successful.

At least, that's from my experience.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #45
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

League edits

I'd like more ability to edit my league once it's created. I spend many years with the Honolulu Odyssey and we played our home games at the "Los Angeles Grounds." I can change the name of my team; why can't I edit the name of the home field?

And for that matter, why can't I change the cities of the "World Baseball League" to Paris, London, Tokyo, etc.?

Also, right now my Portland Fever are in the Central Division along with a west coast team and an east coast team. I should be able to fix what teams are in what division.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
daves
Hall Of Famer

Add shop player around!

Also add trading difficuly levels. But shop player around is a must!!!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #47
Miker G

AI suggesting the next human pick was available in one test version as an option, perhaps easy to reactivate...

YES to add "to 1st/ last page" of a players list.

Minor flaw, Gold Gloves won are not in team news since one of the last patches.

Please take a look into AI lineups. AI often uses a slow leadoff guy with mediocre hitting ratings.

My last team always played a 11/2/8 CA as 1B with 5 Def over my 30HR/125RBI guy with 14/18/10 and Def 19 in AI-lines...

Defenses sometimes are not using the players with the best ratings in the field, eg playing CF and RF at the vorher position with lesser Def ratings.
Miker G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #48
Dr. Brian
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
When bringing in a pinch hitter or pinch runner during a game, you can never be sure that the player that you are taking OUT of the game is the correct one, since your finger might have selected the player above or below the one you want. One of the worst situations that I've experienced with this is thinking that I was bringing in Cecil Fielder to pinch hit but instead having him pinch run Damaso Garcia on first base because my touch was registered on the player above the batter. Also today, I intended to pinch hit for my pitcher with Steve Garvey but ended up having him pinch run instead (and my pitcher had to bat for himself and struck out). This would be easily solved by changing the confirmation message to have the words "pinch hit" or "pinch run" and the name of the player replaced. This is also an enormous pain, as I find that this problem happens to me at least once a week.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

+1

Happened to me AGAIN today too. Ugh!
Dr. Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #49
daves
Hall Of Famer

Commish Mode.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #50
TBirdEvans
Bat Boy

Android
TBirdEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #51
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. Make the filter/sorting choices stick until changed. When searching and then backing out, the filters reset, requiring you to go through the filters and sorting all over again. And allow us to go to a particular page in the player list.

Trading...

2 Make it possible to search on position (already there), plus one (or more depending on processing/memor cost) parameter, such as rating, salary, contract years, age (at least... Or at most...), and perhaps active roster vs minors.

3. Trade scouting. Sort teams based on team weakness (and slight or full weakness) so we know who to try to trade with.

4. player Shopping. Get rid of the trading block, and expand it into a place to shop players to gauge interest

Player development

5. More appropriate draft info. one simple thing is to let us see who the AI wants to pick. Another would be to classify them according to D strength. For instance, I'm looking for a 1B in the draft. I dint see any good ones, but later, while searching by position "C" for a catcher, I find a guy rated at 4 as a catcher who is rated 7 as 1B! Why is this guy listed as a Catcher (and not a 1B)? This is frustrating, and happens not only in drafting, but in player listings when looking at trades too.

6. Better indicators of pitching development. The green arrow isn't working for pitchers if you bring them up during sept roster expansion and they pitch a game (especially a SP). Even if they do well, go 2-0 with a 1.8 ERA for example, They sit at 20/72 (using 80pt scale, 20 out of 80 actual, potential 72 of 80) and the arrow never appears even if you sit them in the minors for a couple of years. It's very difficult to develop stamina, so every SP ends up being rated Bullpen with a 3/10 stamina, then the CPU turns them into MR. You end up with 1-3 starters at 20/80 forever due to no clue to bring them up, and a big pile of mediocre MR, and have to go to the FA market to get your SPs. Or bring them up 20/72, the get hit and go mental and rating drops to 20/29 - toast.

And a lot of the previous stuff too.

Last edited by WACo; 11-30-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Clarify examples.
WACo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #52
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For trades

Add the ability to add or remove cash from the trade. The AI already does this, why can't we?
Old 12-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #53
darrellet86
Bat Boy

add cash to trades, add draft picks to trades, make budgeting stricter, edit player option if it wont happen this yr? ummm more talented picks in later rounds, outside of relievers, once you get to the 3rd rd talent drops..thats it
Old 12-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #54
spike_42
Bat Boy

Online Multiplayer - iPhone

Would be awesome to be able to play online leagues with friends from iPhone or iPad like the PC version is able to do now.
spike_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
Dr. Brian
Minors (Single A)

Trade and Draft Bug

Draft – Trade bug.

The AI is allowed to trade recently drafted players. However, when I try, I get the following message (for the SAME player):

“ABC” cannot be traded since he was drafted less than a year ago!”

AI can trade him but I can’t!?!

Last edited by Dr. Brian; 12-10-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #56
Dr. Brian
Minors (Single A)

MR to SP

How? Why is this not possible? Some of the greatest Starters in the HOF are nothing but MR in iOOTP.

I've kept a MR as a SP in the minors and brought him up, but nothing changes.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #57
DUBBOH11
Minors (Double A)

Cross platform compatibility

I want to be able to play the same game from my computer, iPad and iPhone. It seems like it would be fine if the iPhone/ipad didn't have as many options if I could go on my computer and edit all the detailed stuff. I would use my phone to just play the actual games or look up stats but at least I would have constant access to my own little baseball universe.
DUBBOH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
WACo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Saved games: make them standalone. So that I can recover from an error like a bad key press during the draft (somehow double hit the continue button which resulted in the AI taking a garbage 21/38 C my first round instead of the closer I wanted). That and it would be fun to be able to go back and replay a season to see if I can do better, in a fictional league, for instance. Also it would be fun when reloading to be able to switch teams in fictional leagues - say I built a killer team, and want to see if I can beat it with one of the competing rosters, or a friend and I set up a roster and play it seeing who can do better over a simulated season, reloading from the same save
Old 12-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #59
IAmC
Major Leagues

I realize that you have problems with providing a full minor league experience. But how about a much more restrictive, yet useful one?

Instead of full stats for minor league players, how about a simple rating associated with each player. Perhaps it could be a numerical one similar to that used for a single aspect of the player's abilities, some modification of the arrow currently used (for "you should bring this guy up"), or the hot/cold icon. But this rating should indicate how well the player is doing in the minors.

This would be crucial if you have a player that was performing way below his abilities in the majors so you sent him down and you'd like to know if he's worked through his problems or if you have a youngster that you'd like to give a try in the majors but don't want him to get clobbered in his first experience.

I feel that this would be marketable as a feature upgrade for iOOTP14.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #60
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Two suggestions

I have been asking about these updates for awhile:
  • When switching between minor and major league rosters, instead of showing "roster is full" it should give an option to select a player to switch with.
    • For example, my 25-man roster is already full but I want to call someone up from the minors. When I click "add to major league roster" it should just give me a choice to select someone to automatically send down.
  • The team budgets should rise with inflation. I'm managing in the year 2045 and my team budget has never changed (same since 2013).
  • Option to pay for prospects to develop more quickly in the minors. If I have the #3 MLB prospect on my team, I would spend $50k to have him ready for a September call-up. Perhaps you could only pick one attribute per player to spend money on improving (pitching control, for example).
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote