Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Is the Injury List not working correctly?

My current sim was in year 1984 with automatic transaction turned on.
I noticed that the Tigers were in last place.
So i took a look and i thought there must have been a major injury to a star player. Well there was but it was stranger than i thought.

Alan Trammell and Jack Morris had been injured but not in 1984.
Trammell was injured in 1977 and Morris in 1978. Both were STILL on the injured list in 1984 and neither had played since being injured.
Neither injury was a cei.
Both players say 4 days and 6 days to come off injured list. It said that in 1984 and 1978. I loaded my 1978 and backup and simmed to 1979 all star game and no change.

I noticed oil can boyd was injured in 1982. The injury duration was suppose to be 2 weeks. He is still has 3 days left on the injured list in 1984 for the same injury.
There are other players as well.

Seems like players are not coming off the injured list when they should because the game is seeing that they still have days left on the injured list when they really shouldn't have any days left.

If this happening for other players it may explain why i was seeing the early 80's yankee teams putting up 118 wins and looking like the 1927 yankees.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I imported the 1977 MLB season using real lineups & transactions. I then simmed through the 1984 season. Nothing unusual happened, injury-wise, with Trammell, Morris, or Boyd. I'm guessing you must be running a different kind of league or you've enabled different options. Maybe? :-\
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I imported the 1977 MLB season using real lineups & transactions. I then simmed through the 1984 season. Nothing unusual happened, injury-wise, with Trammell, Morris, or Boyd. I'm guessing you must be running a different kind of league or you've enabled different options. Maybe? :-\
I wouldn't think so. I started in 1871 and did my own transactions up to around 1901 when i could turn on automatic transactions. Didnt change anything else till i change injury frequency from low to normal. That might have something to do with but the problem isnt more injuries but that they are not coming off the injured list.

Heres Alan Trammell stats taken from 1984.
Strange it was saying 4 days left then i loaded the backup of 1983 and simmed to the all star game. Now Trammell has 255 days and Morris still shows 6 days.
Neither has played since 1978.
Attached Images

Last edited by BaseballMan; 03-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you've enabled injuries, you shouldn't use historical transactions (which require injuries to be turned off). It's possible that enabling these two options caused your game to go haywire. I don't know. Otherwise, there's a problem unrelated to historical transactions. Or so it seems.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you've enabled injuries, you shouldn't use historical transactions (which require injuries to be turned off). It's possible that enabling these two options caused your game to go haywire. I don't know. Otherwise, there's a problem unrelated to historical transactions. Or so it seems.
I dont think ive had a problem with using both before. I think the game will still trade the player even if a player is injured.
If that were the case wouldnt it happened to every player?
Also neither Trammell and Morris were involved in a historical transaction.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The transactions file never used to include injuries. Now it does. If your issue has nothing to do with confusing the game engine by enabling injuries while using historical transactions, then you definitely have a problem. Personally, I haven’t seen this kind of problem while testing the transactions file in OOTP20 with injuries disabled.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The transactions file never used to include injuries. Now it does. If your issue has nothing to do with confusing the game engine by enabling injuries while using historical transactions, then you definitely have a problem. Personally, I haven’t seen this kind of problem while testing the transactions file in OOTP20 with injuries disabled.
If thats the case maybe they should automatically turn off injuries when historical transactions are enabled. Also it would be nice to keep them separate as people might want to have historical transactions but not historical injuries.

I turned off injuries in 1984 and simmed till 1987. Now i see Oil Can Boyd finally go off the injured list in 1987. Trammell went off it after i made the change. Morris stayed on it for awhile. Strange thing is that it put Roger Clemens on the injured list as i believed he was injured in 1985 but its 1987 and he still has 255 days to go.
Im guessing the game is using 255 as they may not know what all the historical injuries were.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:26 PM   #8
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you use the Historical League Wizard and choose to use historical transactions, injuries will be disabled automatically. But if you’re enabling transactions after you’ve already created a league (with injuries enabled), then, as you discovered, injuries will not get turned off. Probably need to bring it to Markus’ attention. Do you want to mention it or should I? It’s a good idea.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:10 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, fixed in next build, injuries now get disabled when using historical transactions.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:20 AM   #10
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK, fixed in next build, injuries now get disabled when using historical transactions.
Wow that was quick.
Awesome.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I would suggest having an option to have historical transactions with non historical injuries in the future if possible. I think some people may want historical transactions but not historical injuries.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:04 AM   #12
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I just notice that today in my 19th century simulation (started more or less in 1895)... a lot of injury who never healed. I was scratching my head all day trying to understand why and I was ready to post when I saw that post.

Good that an easy solution exist, but that would have been nice to know before (the game told us to not use this or that when we use real transactions or real line-up).

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:10 AM   #13
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I wouldn't think so. I started in 1871 and did my own transactions up to around 1901 when i could turn on automatic transactions
The transactions work fine in the 19th century starting in 1872 as long as you have the real teams with the correct historical id. It was already like that with last year version...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
I would suggest having an option to have historical transactions with non historical injuries in the future if possible. I think some people may want historical transactions but not historical injuries.
Can we use last version historical_transactions file with OOTP 20? I like to have random injuries in my simulation and not something 100% accurate (what's the fun if you know already what will happen?).

Edit: just tested and the game didn't crash loading the transaction database for 1872 so I guess it's fine...

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-27-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

BTW you must disabled suspension too or you will get never ending suspension... maybe suspension should be disabled too by default when using historical transactions?

Edit: At least that one didn't do that much trouble that I had to restart again...

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-30-2019 at 03:15 PM.