Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 08-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
The Nighthawk
Bat Boy

Anyone else think the injuries are too much?

This season (2011, actually) I had my three best starters on the DL at the same time and none was for less than 4 months. My two best hitters also went on the DL for 4 weeks (also at the same time) or more as did two of my starting position players (about a week later).

Oh, and in the case of my starters they all went on the DL one after the other! Three games in a row I lost my best pitchers.

Last edited by The Nighthawk; 08-08-2014 at 11:57 AM.
The Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
McGuiser
Major Leagues

This issue has been raised before, as some of us would like one or another modification of the injury process.

For me the best answer is an option to allow only short term (a month?) injuries. Unless this is hard to code or a memory hog, what is the harm in letting the gamer have another option?

Until the game gets changed, you might try my policy: once one of my players is on the DL, I turn off injuries. Like you, before I did that I had had three players at one position on the DL, including SPs.

My methods gives you the challenge of juggling rosters (and maybe keeping a balanced farm system), without the risk of losing the one player you are most interested in following to a career-ending injury or long-term injury (and the risk, apparently, that he will not fully recover his skills even after he is finally activated).

Imagine wanting to play the 1927 Yankees for a few game years, but losing Babe Ruth to a career-ending injury late in August.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
The Nighthawk
Bat Boy

Good tips! I was in first place until my pitchers went down, and then I ended up in fourth with about two months to go.
The Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote