Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 07-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Suggestions

With the latest version of iOOTP coming with a player editor, is there a create a player button, if not could this be added to the game in a future update? Also, I want to ask for an option to designate a player for assignment, so I can release them without having to pay for his contract, or have a waivers system. Also, I think that the trade block should actually do something, or have a shop player around option. Or, have the CPU put players on the trade block based on stats. Another feature request is minor leagues, with stats, I know I have asked for this a while, but I have a 64gb ipad, and I have enough space so that if you (OOTP Developments), released another version of the game that has as many features as it can that are similar to OOTP, would be willing to buy it.

Last edited by Dkelley; 07-03-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Also, could we get international free agents and longer drafts with higher potentials?
Old 07-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Any developers have any comments on these suggestions and the possibilities?
Old 07-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
BradC
All Star Starter

The problem with adding a lot of OOTP's features to iOOTP, such as full minor leagues, has nothing to do with storage space on your device - it has to do with the amount of RAM that iOS devices ship with. They just don't have enough to be able to add those kinds of things to the game.

RE your other suggestions: We have discussed adding some of those to the game, such as the shop a player around function. It just depends on how difficult they'll be to implement and whether or not Sebastian will have the time for them, since he's working on FHM too.

Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Well, I was just thinking that even without full minors, at least some stats would be helpful instead of just a green arrow to decide when to call up rookies. I was thinking more like a AAA team and a AA team for every MLB team
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Oh yeah, and I was also wondering if some of my suggestions would be possible on future iOS devices such as the ipad air 2?
Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
IAmC
Major Leagues

I would not want fragmentation of iOOTP. As soon as a developer has to worry about different functionality on different devices, it would slow down development to a crawl.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #8
BradC
All Star Starter

The problem with generating stats at the minor league level is that those players then have to play games, which requires having even just one level of minors and so forth, and that's where we run into memory limitations.

Or the game could just generate random stats within certain parameters, but would that be useful? I don't think so.

And, yes, as IAmC says, we don't want to fragment development by having a version of iOOTP to run on certain devices and another version for other devices. That way lies madness. Best to develop one version and add to it as these devices become more and more powerful. When the day arrives that we can at least have one level of minors, then we may very well add that to the game.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote