Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,661x in 904 posts
Right-click Waive & DFA not working

Just discovered that if you right click on a player in any roster, lineup or rotation screen and select to waive and DFA the player, he only gets DFA'd and not placed on waivers. This is new since the patch to fix OSA scouting a few weeks ago.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 9,497
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 11,823x in 4,637 posts
He will get placed on waivers, unless if he has already recently cleared waivers (they only have to clear once a month I believe).
__________________
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,661x in 904 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
He will get placed on waivers, unless if he has already recently cleared waivers (they only have to clear once a month I believe).
That's not the case. I discovered this when trimming my roster at the end of spring training. Both players appeared on the DFA lost but when I tried to remote them from that screen, I got an error that they needed to clear waivers and I had to drag them to the waivers list to get them on waivers.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 9,497
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 11,823x in 4,637 posts
What I stated is what should happen, and what has happened in the test cases I have seen. But there may be a case depending specifically on the players' history that might screw the logic. If you have the league still, please feel free to upload it and let me know about the players in question, and we can investigate what might be the cause.
__________________
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,661x in 904 posts
Thanks. I tried connecting to the FTP with the program I have on my Mac and it's telling me the server requires a username and password.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried a different program and it connected. Zip file is uploading now and is named "BIG17EASY world". The two players this happened to are Renard Karpinski (Cleveland just claimed him off waivers) and Jim Graham (currently on Mets' DFA list and did clear waivers).

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 02-16-2020 at 02:57 PM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 9,497
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 11,823x in 4,637 posts
Okay, in this case it seems like if a player has recently cleared waivers, but is not currently on waivers, then we don't put them back on waivers when you hit the waive+dfa button on them. However, when trying to demote them, looks like we only check the "has cleared waivers" flag if they're currently on waivers.

We can definitely clear this up a little for 21
__________________
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:31 PM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,661x in 904 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Okay, in this case it seems like if a player has recently cleared waivers, but is not currently on waivers, then we don't put them back on waivers when you hit the waive+dfa button on them. However, when trying to demote them, looks like we only check the "has cleared waivers" flag if they're currently on waivers.

We can definitely clear this up a little for 21
I'm a little confused by that, but OK. Neither of the players in question had "recently cleared waivers" when I used waive & DFA. It's possible they had gone through waivers during the previous season, but certainly not between the end of the season and the end of spring training, when this happened.

In any case, thanks for checking into this. I will still try rolling back one version to see if it solves this.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer
 
Matt Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here and there
Posts: 9,497
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 11,823x in 4,637 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I'm a little confused by that, but OK. Neither of the players in question had "recently cleared waivers" when I used waive & DFA. It's possible they had gone through waivers during the previous season, but certainly not between the end of the season and the end of spring training, when this happened.

In any case, thanks for checking into this. I will still try rolling back one version to see if it solves this.
Yeah, it's highly possible that that flag on them never got reset properly, or got set in error somehow.
__________________
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,661x in 904 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, it's highly possible that that flag on them never got reset properly, or got set in error somehow.
OK, thanks. I will keep an eye out for more instances of this.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments