Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
sreem
All Star Reserve

First Year Player Draft Suggestion

I would love to see an additional item on the scouting report for players that you scout from the draft pool before the First Year Player Draft that shows your Head Scouts opinion on where he believes the player could be drafted based on their skill coupled with the needs/strengths of other teams around the league.

For example, say you scout a 1 star current / 5 star potential CF before the draft. Maybe under the Personality/Makeup on his scouting report it would say something to the effect of :

1st Round - Top 10 (Oakland, Kansas City)

This would give the player an idea of what his scout thinks of the talents of the player and what might happen, showing the 2 most likely teams to draft the player. Now say your team picks 7th with Kansas City picking 4th and Oakland picking 2nd, you could now decide I'm not going to spend anymore time on this player, or you could continue to further scout him, which could refine the projection. If you decide to scout again you might see something like this :

1st Round - Top 10 (Oakland, Kansas City)
*1st Round - Bottom 10 (St. Louis , Detroit)

Now, your scout has determined that Oaklands farm system already has a strong prospect on the verge of breaking into the Majors and Kansas City has a decent enough player already at CF and their real need is SP. Along with that, after further scouting this prospect, your scout has determined that the players contact ability isn't quite what he originally thought it was, so he is now a bottom of the 1st round projection.

Knowing you have the 7th pick, and REALLY like this prospect, you could pencil him in on your draft board, assume you've got your CF prospect, and start looking closer at the other weaknesses in your farm system.

I don't know if this is how it would work exactly or not, but I would REALLY like to see this in the game. I love the intrigue of the amateur draft, but I find myself not getting the enjoyment out of it because I never have a clue where these guys might go. So I feel like I waste time scouting players that I never have a shot at getting.

Along with that, if you play the game with the option to trade draft picks, like the NFL, this would certainly help you make better strategic trades to get the prospects you want.

And like everything else in OOTP it would not be 100% accurate all the time and there would always be the strange off the wall pick from time to time.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS FOR INCLUSION, I WILL BUY THE NEW VERSION FOR SURE IF THIS IS INCLUDED!!!