Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
gaia88
Bat Boy

Very weird goalie situation/bug

So my backup goalie got hurt so I put him on IR. I have a game today and needed a backup to play the game. I then went to call up a goalie from my AHL team, only to find that both of their goalies were greyed out and couldn't be called up (I'm assuming because I hadn't signed them, but my AHL team had). So then I went to my ECHL team for a goalie, but it was the same situation. I submitted trade offers for a backup, but that takes time for a response. There were no free agent goalies available, and I submitted an offer to a goalie that I had rights to, but the response, again, takes time.

So basically I can't play today's game for lack of a backup goalie. I can't put a skater in the backup slot either (game prevents this). So I'm totally stuck in the game. I can't advance at all.

I remember having something like this happen in EHM, and the game just assigned me a crappy random backup goalie. FHM needs some way to deal with this (rare) situation.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
dejaqwho
Minors (Single A)

Your system was starved of goalie prospects? You have to draft or sign some for your affiliates. Anyways to your point, EHM just provided you with a grayed out RNGed goalie if you didn't have one or call a reserve up from the minors.

In real life NHL teams can signs a goalie in case of emergency for 1 day contracts, and I know it happened a number of times. So its not so far fetched
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia88 View Post
So my backup goalie got hurt so I put him on IR. I have a game today and needed a backup to play the game. I then went to call up a goalie from my AHL team, only to find that both of their goalies were greyed out and couldn't be called up (I'm assuming because I hadn't signed them, but my AHL team had). So then I went to my ECHL team for a goalie, but it was the same situation. I submitted trade offers for a backup, but that takes time for a response. There were no free agent goalies available, and I submitted an offer to a goalie that I had rights to, but the response, again, takes time.

So basically I can't play today's game for lack of a backup goalie. I can't put a skater in the backup slot either (game prevents this). So I'm totally stuck in the game. I can't advance at all.

I remember having something like this happen in EHM, and the game just assigned me a crappy random backup goalie. FHM needs some way to deal with this (rare) situation.
If you just want to continue your game you can change the position of one of your other players to make them a goalie (at least you could in earlier versions). I ran into that when I tried a game in the QMJHL and didn't have any affiliated teams.