Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
JDRedemann
Bat Boy

Looking for Owners... JUSTICE LEAGUE BASEBALL: The Most Realistic Online Experience

The Justice League Baseball was formed with one goal: To provide the most realistic online baseball league in existence. We are dedicated to creating a realistic and continually evolving league in addition to a fully immersive General Manager experience on our forums. The Justice League Baseball is a 2012 Major League, using current rosters and real-life CBA rules. We have three Commissioners to keep the league running smoothly, but the majority of the league-altering decisions will be made by the GM’s, so participation is a key (and rewarded)!

Additional features of the JLB include:
  • A Collective Bargaining Agreement to govern rule changes and ensure that you help to shape the future of your league
  • A reward system for participation on the forums, allowing you to upgrade players, edit your stadium, and more
  • A Competitive Balance Lottery to grant extra draft picks to eligible teams
  • A league AIM chat, ensuring a unified league atmosphere and encouraging good conversation between fellow GM's
  • Active and dedicated commissioners who will be available nearly 24 hours a day

But none of this can happen without the consistent and dedicated support of our GM's! You run the teams, you are the lifeblood of any league. We want to see this dream achieved, but we need you to help us. There are currently no teams open, but feel free to fill out the questions in the following post if you want to get on the waitlist for the most immersive, most realistic league on OOTP!

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or interest in the league, please contact the commissioner, Adam (see details below).

Email: splantiago@gmail.com
PM: Splants at justiceleaguebaseball.com or Justice League Baseball Forums

Last edited by JDRedemann; 08-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.
JDRedemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
JDRedemann
Bat Boy

If you would like to apply for a team, please give well-formed answers to these questions either in a post on this thread, or in a PM to me:
  1. What is your preferred team?
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?

Last edited by JDRedemann; 07-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.
JDRedemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #3
Banker
Bat Boy

I sent you an e-mail as well, so I've also attached the contents of that e-mail to this post.

My preferred team is the Tampa Bay Rays. I would like to be the General Manager of the Tampa Bay Rays because the team is young, ready to compete, and strapped financially. Every transaction matters when you are the Tampa Bay Rays. This team doesn't have the luxury of being able to absorb bad free agent signings like the Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, and Philadelphia Phillies do. Even a lousy two million dollars can have a big impact in the grand scheme of things if you are the Tampa Bay Rays. I like a challenge, and the Tampa Bay Rays will be a challenge. They've proven that, in real life, it is possible to compete with financial giants with savvy acquisitions and advanced statistical analysis. I want to utilize the Rays' model in OOTP and there is no better team to use than the team that started it all.

I believe the Tampa Bay Rays are strong enough to compete for a Wild Card spot this year. They have a tremendous amount of young pitching and young hitting talents that will definitely make things interesting for the next few years as well. However, there's also the issue of assembling a strong supporting staff around talents like Evan Longoria, David Price, Jeremy Helickson, Matt Moore, and Desmond Jennings. That's where I hope to rely heavily on the Rule IV draft to have a steady flow of capable major league talent entering my organization. If there is ever a year where we can't fulfill a hole from within, then we will look outside of the organization, scour the waiver wire, and look for "bargain-priced" free agents.

As mentioned in my e-mail, I have been playing Out of the Park Baseball since version nine.

Quote:
Hello,

My name is Thomas Crenshaw and I have owned every version of Out of the Park Baseball (OOTPB) since version nine. I have participated in several leagues, but a few of them have since folded and I was forced away from others because of my job. Fortunately, I now have a better job that pays less but affords me for free time to spend participating in OOTP online leagues and with my family. I would really like to be a member of Justice League Baseball. I noticed the Tampa Bay Rays are available. I would be comfortable assuming the role as their General Manager, but I would also be fine with the Toronto Blue Jays or Baltimore Orioles.

As a member of your league, I promise to do the following things:

Write in-depth articles detailing every transaction;

Write daily columns covering team and player performance in the following
night's game;

and, I promise to remain active and make myself available for the league whenever possible.

I look forward to joining your league.

Thanks,

Thomas Crenshaw
Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Gigszoo
Bat Boy

Lets Go O's!

Gigszoo,I'd prefer the O's because i'm from Baltimore and a huge fan.My plans are to build a winner on a small budget and small ball.I've been a fan of baseball since 05' and playing ootp since ootp8.

PS: DEATH TO SABERMETRICS!!!
Gigszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
claphamsa
Minors (Single A)

I responded.... but after about 15 tries gave up on the security code.
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Henstein9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. What is your preferred team?--Chicago White Sox
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?-- Favorite team
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise?-- Become a surprise contender as this year's White Sox are
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?--This is my first OOTP game, but i am currently in another league, and i am active daily in it
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?-- I would be one of the most active GMs, always searching for a trading deal, always looking for the right player on waivers, and always getting my exports in.
Henstein9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
mrootpbaseball
Bat Boy

League

1. What is your preferred team? Tigers or Cardinals
  2. Why do you want to play using this team? Hometown team (Tigers)
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? Plans are to win a championship with current roster and re-tool as the years go on to build the farm system
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I've been away from OOTP for a few years, but I used to be a commish in a league that ran for over a year.
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I am an active owner and look for ways to help the league grow
Thanks!
Matt
mattr4310@yahoo.com
mrootpbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
PiratesGm
Minors (Single A)

1.What is your preferred team? Tigers, Mariners, Marlins
2.Why do you want to play using this team? Tigers are favorite team, Griffey was my favorite player and the Marlins have a good team!
3.What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? #1 goal is to win, but it depends on which team, the Tigers I would leave alone for the most part along with the Marlins, but the Mariners we would have to draft good and play some young players...
4.What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? Been playing online leagues since OOTP 6
5.Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I will be active and and love baseball....

Thanks,
Brian Woodman
brianwoodman44@gmail.com
PiratesGm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
nmain
Bat Boy

PM'd about Brewers.
nmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
DaKilla64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sent you a PM...Would love the Marlins
DaKilla64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

bump.
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
OGBL Commish
Bat Boy

1. What is your preferred team? Texas Rangers (after that team doesn't matter as long as it isn't the twins)
  2. Why do you want to play using this team? born in Oklahoma about an hour north of arlington. Now live in dallas for the past 10 years. Lifelong Ranger fan but I'm willing to use any team not named the Twins
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? Win early and win often. The team is in place for a good long run. The key is to not get greedy and try to win while still developing young talent.
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I've been in ootp leagues since 6.5 came out. very experienced GM
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I'm a mature, postive, and active GM. I think i'd bring alot to the community and not just be an export only GM.
OGBL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Still looking for GM's to run some teams. Got 5 teams left (only 2 of them "project" teams)! Stake your claim now!
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
atsather
Minors (Single A)

I sent a private message to JD, but I might as well post on here as well. I would be interesting in claiming one of the available teams, preferably a rebuild situation if possible.

I am the old owner of the Minnesota Twins in the CLB, so we have some history together.
atsather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

1. I prefer the Reds but I see they are taken already; I would take any available team as I love a challenge.

2. I enjoy the challenge of building a team into a consistent winner.

3.I plan to lay a foundation for long term success through smart drafting and trading.

4. I have played OOTP since version 2. I played baseball competitively through my high school years and remain and avid fan and Cincinnati Reds season ticket holder.

5. I would be as active as possible and would treat other GMs in a friendly, respectful manner.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

Just saw the post on Facebook and applied for either the Mets or Padres via the website. Hope to hear from you!
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #17
YO GABBA GABBA
Minors (Double A)

Sent you a email
YO GABBA GABBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
Law8312
Bat Boy

League

I also sent you a email about the JLB. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Law8312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #19
Billy Beane IV
Bat Boy

I just sent in my application
Billy Beane IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #20
DaKilla64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

League is great. Commishes [snip] trying to power control everything. Don't bother with this league

Last edited by kq76; 08-07-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: snipped name-calling
DaKilla64 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction