Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 10-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

OOTP Market Size Calculator v. 10

For those of you who don't frequent the MODS section that much, but will inevitably ask about a tool like this...

I've released a new version of MarketCalc today for OOTP X (well, really..you could use it for any of the past versions too) called GMEXcel.

MarketCalc originated with OOTP2007, when I was annoyed that I couldn't get OOTP to model finances like real life.

What I mean by "real life" is, I wanted to be able to play in New York and see the modern day, non-revenue sharing effects of that largess versus say, playing in Portland, Maine or Winnemucca, Nevada. OOTP doesn't do this naturally, you have to tweak it to make it work.

It's for use in Excel, but OpenOffice also opens .xls files.

The addition to this tool is along with being able to figure out market sizes, GMEXcel also comes with a tool that allows you to develop an "owner confidence" score for your solo leagues, to determine when your owner might decide to fire you for poor performance.

Here's the thread discussing it and the place you can download in the mod's forum.

I'll probably make an update to it in the next few weeks or so, but I just wanted to get a new version out to folks now, for those who haven't used it before, etc.

Thanks,

DC

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 10-11-2009 at 02:28 AM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I've updated this tool. Now, it works a lot better. The algorithm has been improved and there is now a tool within it that helps you figure out during solo play when you can move on to a new team and what sort of team you can go to based on your past performance. The link in the first thread has been updated for you to download it, if you're interested.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:42 AM   #3
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I've updated GMeXcel to a new version called GMeXcel Suite v10.5

It comes equipped with a few tools:

MarketCalc 10 helps you figure out modern media and TV market numbers. It's not particularly useful for using it for anything other than modern numbers, though it will adjust market size numbers backwards for older years, it's really a modern tool meant for a modern age.

FireMGR is a ultimate solo management tool. Instead of jumping from team to team across your career or staying in a job well after you've stunk up the joint, FireMGR forces you to win or go home. When your Owner Confidence score is lower than zero, you have to fire yourself. A great new way to keep your solo games interesting.

NEW! Accountant X: This is a return to MarketCalc's roots. I've integrated the MarketCalc 8 historical tool into the modern suite of GMeXcel with some improvements. Accountant X will revive your solo play by giving you a budget and cash to work with annually, which factors in your market size and team success. Best of all, Accountant X works for every year from 1901 until 2100! You just enter the year you want to play into the AcctXYear tab and the numbers will automatically adjust for the proper generation. (Props to ctorg for building this functionality into MarketCalc 8.)

If you've already used the latest edition of GMExcel, then this is just like it, but with all of the updates to FireMGR and the new addition of Accountant X, that has a ton of improvements from the old version that was released probably about two years ago now. Let me know if you have questions and enjoy!

You can get the file from this thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post2848556