Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
JordanDalrymple25
Bat Boy

Exclamation Negro Leagues

I think it would be really cool if we had the ability to use teams in the MLB from like the 30's but also have players in the 1930's from the Negro Leagues. Maybe instead of breaking the color barrier with Jackie Robinson, break it with Satchel Paige? I would immediately buy OOTP if the Negro Leagues were in it! Or at least players from the Negro Leagues were available.
JordanDalrymple25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanDalrymple25 View Post
I think it would be really cool if we had the ability to use teams in the MLB from like the 30's but also have players in the 1930's from the Negro Leagues. Maybe instead of breaking the color barrier with Jackie Robinson, break it with Satchel Paige? I would immediately buy OOTP if the Negro Leagues were in it! Or at least players from the Negro Leagues were available.
Spritze's db has 100's of Negro Leaguers as well as ***, KBO, career milb players etc. Send him a pm to get the link to the site where you can download it.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
No Pepper
All Star Starter

lukas, do you know anything of a possibility of seamheads.com's NeL stat database and OOTP? I think Spritze at one time grabbed data from there but hasn't continued for some reason.
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
lukas, do you know anything of a possibility of seamheads.com's NeL stat database and OOTP? I think Spritze at one time grabbed data from there but hasn't continued for some reason.
I do not. I'd be very interested in checking out the possibilities there. I just need to find a way to fit more than 24 hours in a day first...
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #5
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
I have continued actually. Currently in 1905. Pop Lloyd is the big name. There will be be several hundred negro leaguers (1901-1905) added to the database fairly soon. 1871-1900 negro players are all already in the database.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

could the association feature work if NL were created as a major League?

IF the Negro Leagues could be added to OOTP 18, it would be great if they were created as as alternate Major League, in the same way Nippon League is.

i just recently discovered the "association" feature, and possibly Markus and Co. could make it so the Negro Leagues could be associated with Majors and then have a playoff after the season.

now, i am just thinking out loud, as i don't really know all that can and can't be done with association, but the basis (from what liitle i understand at this point) would be the closest i've seen to being able to match Major and Negro Leagues in a post season. Maybe someone needs to correct me, or give guidance on those assumptions .....

there is data for players and teams (don't know if those are in the OOTP future database yet) for the Negro Leagues before 1900. - So if they were created "separate but equal" (as the owners once tried to do) maybe i could recreate "my" weird dream world from 1901 to 1955! Anyway, just a suggestion and hope.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 10-01-2016 at 07:07 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote