Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
redsoxaholic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Problems With Draft

The first year player draft is really not working for me guys. It's 2018 and it's getting to the point I sim the whole thing because it's so broken. I'll list my problems:

1) The draft makes only SP's with good potential. I have yet to see one good hitting prospect in 6 years or so of the draft. The only hitting prospects with any potential have absurd power potential, speed/defense and literally nothing else.

2) The draft list doesn't get revealed until the day of the draft, so I can't plan ahead at all. I dont know if this is because of the day of the draft (March 5th), but regardless, I never have had this problem with previous versions of this game.

3) I have new CBA rules on but teams don't lose their draft picks for signing eligible free agents, so teams like the Yankees and Angels always have a 1st round pick, even when signing multiple players that should take away their first round pick.

4) Another minor problem with this game that doesn't have anything to do with the draft; randomly sometimes the AI changes my reliever roles, like I just added them to the roster and they haven't been assigned a role yet. Not a big deal because it takes 10 seconds to fix but still annoying.

Any way I can fix any of these problems?

Last edited by redsoxaholic; 11-09-2013 at 12:05 PM.
redsoxaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
cmaug
Major Leagues

For #'s 2 & 4 there are very specific league/gameplay settings that control them.

Draft pool reveal date is in league set up, I believe #4 can be addressed under your manager settings.
cmaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
redsoxaholic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaug View Post
For #'s 2 & 4 there are very specific league/gameplay settings that control them.

Draft pool reveal date is in league set up, I believe #4 can be addressed under your manager settings.
I know this. I have it set so that I control my reliever roles, and anything to do with the Majors.

As for the draft pool date I'm asking if the date I have it is causing the problem and then why? I understand how to change it, as March 5th is obviously not the real date so I have changed it already.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxaholic View Post
As for the draft pool date I'm asking if the date I have it is causing the problem and then why? I understand how to change it, as March 5th is obviously not the real date so I have changed it already.
In the same area is an option to change the date that the draft pool is revealed.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
What are your PCM's?

If the Hitters' PCMs are lower than the Pitchers', then they will look like worse prospects....
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
redsoxaholic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
What are your PCM's?

If the Hitters' PCMs are lower than the Pitchers', then they will look like worse prospects....
I haven't messed with that at all, so default
Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
redsoxaholic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
In the same area is an option to change the date that the draft pool is revealed.
It's set at 30 days before the draft
Old 11-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Are you using feeder leagues at all? It's possible that the feeder leagues don't end until the day before your draft and that is possibly delaying the date of the draft list being revealed.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

dola, is this a league that was imported from previous versions of OOTP? If so, it's possible previous versions allowed ratings inflation and the game is trying to combat that by not providing as many highly talented hitting prospects.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
redsoxaholic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry Operation but no to both those possibilities. No feeder leagues, and it wasn't imported.