Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
CT Wolverine
Minors (Single A)

Mods question for OOTP 14

I generally play with Major League Baseball teams/players. I would like the best mods for the following (on a Mac):
• Player faces
• Historical ballparks
• Historical logos and uniforms
• I want to take advantage of the new source databases configuration feature in OOTP14

What mods/installation instructions should I use? Are these available with tomorrow’s release?
What will the resulting source database configuration look like?

My first new league will be MLB 1948 (ongoing) so I want to be sure that is covered.

I will also be importing two ongoing existing MLB–patterned leagues:
• 1916 random introduction
• 1953 MLB
Is there a way that I can configure these two leagues for OOTP 14, either before or after importing, to use the mods/features above, e.g., by changing the settings for when player faces are generated or some other method? Thanks for your help!
CT Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Wolverine View Post
I generally play with Major League Baseball teams/players. I would like the best mods for the following (on a Mac):
• Player faces
• Historical ballparks
• Historical logos and uniforms
• I want to take advantage of the new source databases configuration feature in OOTP14

What mods/installation instructions should I use? Are these available with tomorrow’s release?
What will the resulting source database configuration look like?

My first new league will be MLB 1948 (ongoing) so I want to be sure that is covered.

I will also be importing two ongoing existing MLB–patterned leagues:
• 1916 random introduction
• 1953 MLB
Is there a way that I can configure these two leagues for OOTP 14, either before or after importing, to use the mods/features above, e.g., by changing the settings for when player faces are generated or some other method? Thanks for your help!
Uniforms/logos: There is a new logo/uniform compilation that someone put together that added justafan logos and the years so you can out it into the game and it will use teh home & road uniforms. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...s-jerseys.html
Stadiums: For both 1916 and 1953 i recommend Gambo's Early parks and historical parks.from ootpmods.com i also love this set. I am not the author of this, but i can not find the original thread and I don't think this is on ootpmods.com Has 115 parks in it from 1876 thru 2011ish. I use it for my pre 1950 leagues. All 115 MLB Ball Parks - New Layout.zip
Facegen: Use the all in one historical facepack or the one that is like 180 MB from OOTPmods.com it is the best one. facegen will find the player if you use the default database, Works with Gambo and Spritz also but for some players you will have to manually put the facegen in.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
colbertnation64
Bat Boy

Re: Mods question for OOTP 14

I figured I'd ask here! Since I want to start my fictional league in 1871, is there a way to change the ethnicity and name database, then change it again later towards the 60's in the same saved game ?
colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
mbi
Minors (Double A)

Since it would make sense to add it in this thread (I'm on a Mac too), I shouldn't have any problem transferring modern day stadiums, uniforms, caps, & facegen from 12?

Side question, excluding facegen which I'm assuming they'll be an updated one for this year soon, has anything else been updated since 12 for modern day stuff?
mbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbi View Post
Since it would make sense to add it in this thread (I'm on a Mac too), I shouldn't have any problem transferring modern day stadiums, uniforms, caps, & facegen from 12?

Side question, excluding facegen which I'm assuming they'll be an updated one for this year soon, has anything else been updated since 12 for modern day stuff?
No, shouldn't have any problem but I am not on a MAC.

As far as? the game itself or the files? misc stuff like parks and uniforms have been updated.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Uniforms/logos: There is a new logo/uniform compilation that someone put together that added justafan logos and the years so you can out it into the game and it will use teh home & road uniforms. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...s-jerseys.html
Stadiums: For both 1916 and 1953 i recommend Gambo's Early parks and historical parks.from ootpmods.com i also love this set. I am not the author of this, but i can not find the original thread and I don't think this is on ootpmods.com Has 115 parks in it from 1876 thru 2011ish. I use it for my pre 1950 leagues. All 115 MLB Ball Parks - New Layout.zip
Facegen: Use the all in one historical facepack or the one that is like 180 MB from OOTPmods.com it is the best one. facegen will find the player if you use the default database, Works with Gambo and Spritz also but for some players you will have to manually put the facegen in.

is there a reason why the ballparks this year aren't images of the show? Was there some trouble with that being in the all-in one mod last year?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #7
clwalcott
Minors (Triple A)

I'm assuming there's a 2013 MLB All-in-one Mod like last year? Man that was so, so, so convienient and great
clwalcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
Cards>Cubs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
I'm assuming there's a 2013 MLB All-in-one Mod like last year? Man that was so, so, so convienient and great
Agree. No fiddling with mods last year. Just went straight into my weekend release bender!
Cards>Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
is there a reason why the ballparks this year aren't images of the show? Was there some trouble with that being in the all-in one mod last year?
No clue. I hope they are in there for more accurate SAFECO & Marlins parks
Old 04-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
mking55
All Star Starter

Colour me stupid. I went to download the logos, jerseys and caps file which is on something called "The Box". I registered there. When I try to download the file I'm told "incorrect password or file not found". Has it gone missing? Is there somewhere else I could get this file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #11
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwalcott View Post
Yes, look for it in add-ons central and load up the 2013 all in one mod prior to starting any new MLB games.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
CT Wolverine
Minors (Single A)

2013 All-in-one-mod content question

Does 2013 All-in-one mod include Facegens, etc for historical players, or must I load another add-on to get those?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Mods question for OOTP 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Wolverine View Post
Does 2013 All-in-one mod include Facegens, etc for historical players, or must I load another add-on to get those?

Thanks
I'm hoping yes because as a text sim novice and an OOTP n00b, the easier the better for me.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

After receiving the game, I checked the add ons central and the latest all in one mod is 2012....Any ideas when the 2013 one might be ready?
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Hi Mking55,

Apparently we hit the limit for the number of downloads allowed on the box site. I uploaded the file to mediafire as well: OOTP14 Imports.zip
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

I just installed the 2013 all-in-one mod, and everything looks good.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochuck View Post
After receiving the game, I checked the add ons central and the latest all in one mod is 2012....Any ideas when the 2013 one might be ready?
If your not seeing it, open the add-ons central and click add server.
Enter this: (can use copy/paste).
soa-skateboards.com/mods/ootpmods.xml
Click save and then click reload add-ons and it should show up.
This is an alternative server for add-ons and is provided by soadeathdealer. Handy to have when other servers have probs.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-12-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
CT Wolverine
Minors (Single A)

Update!

Thanks much to "The Game" and others who have replied. I have the All-in-one mod installed and working. I believe the 115 stadiums are in the right place and am about to import from OOTP 13. Still haven't cracked the Logos and Uniforms. Not sure what to do after I go to this link: 1901-2013 Logos, Caps and Jerseys