Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #221
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
Why can't buy players from the DEL 2 with a DEL team? There is no transfer option for players from DEL 2.
Are you past the 31 January transfer deadline? I just started as game as München and was able to buy players from Riessersee - right-click on the target player, select "transfer offer", they'll tell you the price they want for him, and you can make them an offer that they'll accept or reject within a couple of days. If they accept it, you can finalize the deal, which will then allow you to negotiate the player's new contract (he must accept for the transfer to occur.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #222
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
League Setup wouldn't be the person problem because change anything like move Red Wings to the AHL isn't allowed yet.
Also after June 30 2014 some how got unemployed for no reason but at least get the First Pick for 3 straight year with been in First place
On July 1st(when editing is allowed) you could move the Red Wings to the AHL by moving each player individually. I've done that before(moved an entire WHA team to the NHL and vice-a-versa). Plus you will need to basically fold an AHL team too clear the way for the Red Wings entry to the AHL. I will do something like this when I create my Super AHL. My plan is too grab the top 3 or 4 players per NHL and KHL teams and move them to the AHL.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-23-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #223
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

No what I'm talking about would have to happen in League Structure like next to Red Wings it would say Delete or Move Team.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #224
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are you past the 31 January transfer deadline? I just started as game as München and was able to buy players from Riessersee - right-click on the target player, select "transfer offer", they'll tell you the price they want for him, and you can make them an offer that they'll accept or reject within a couple of days. If they accept it, you can finalize the deal, which will then allow you to negotiate the player's new contract (he must accept for the transfer to occur.)
At the beginning of a game it works. Year 2014, 2015, it no longer works. June not, July not, August not, September not etc.

Transfer offer option not available with DEL2 players. Elsewhere it exists (for example at DEL, SM League players, etc.).

Ask Sebastian, he has two saves from me. Can also ask him if he already gives solutions to the other problems? (Minor Option / 2 Way don't work in Germany (at contract renewal and signings), Retire Freeze / bug, Goali Pull option don't work, Manager contract offer from other teams answer later (freeze) )

Last edited by djskek; 03-23-2014 at 12:13 PM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #225
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
At the beginning of a game it works. Year 2014, 2015, it no longer works. June not, July not, August not, September not etc.

Transfer offer option not available with DEL2 players. Elsewhere it exists (for example at DEL, SM League players, etc.).
I think I see the problem, the transfer restriction after the deadline isn't being lifted properly at the start of the new season for non-playable leagues with deadlines before January. The playable leagues are OK, and the ones with November or December deadlines (e.g. Denmark) work as well, but the rest don't get reset. Should be easy enough to fix for the patch.

Quote:
Ask Sebastian, he has two saves from me. Can also ask him if he already gives solutions to the other problems? (Minor Option / 2 Way don't work in Germany (at contract renewal and signings), Retire Freeze / bug, Goali Pull option don't work, Manager contract offer from other teams answer later (freeze) )
I'm waiting for a new test build right now, so I won't know the status of specific problems until I can check that and verify if the changes are working properly. The problem with pulling the goalie, though, likely won't be fixed until the patch dealing with the match engine.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #226
Deriken
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Not at the moment.
How about the CSV files that you get from the debug dump you use? They seem to fit the bill somewhat. Any chance we can have that as an option?

Sorry I really like going using excel and it makes it a lot easier not having to OCR screenshots.

Deriken
Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #227
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deriken View Post
How about the CSV files that you get from the debug dump you use? They seem to fit the bill somewhat. Any chance we can have that as an option?

Sorry I really like going using excel and it makes it a lot easier not having to OCR screenshots.

Deriken
Some kind of (simple) csv export would be part of the Online League addition.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #228
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Are we in agreement that the RFA contracts need some tweaks? Or is this still something that we are unaware of.
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #229
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Are we in agreement that the RFA contracts need some tweaks? Or is this still something that we are unaware of.
They're being worked on. Had too many of them in the first test build, actually, we're working on toning it down a bit and making teams match offers more aggressively.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #230
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a rough ETA for when the match engine patch will come out
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #231
mrmyheadhurts
Bat Boy

A few notes on scouting:

Any plans to make scouting assignments permanent or at least year round? It would be really nice if you had the option to just give a default permanent assignment to a scout that he always defers to if he doesn't have a specific assignment or finishes an assignment you sent him on.

For example, perhaps you have a scout permanently assigned to the WHL but you need that scout to check out a couple of players in a different league. You would have the ability to set a time frame - like 3-4 weeks - and when they finished they would return to scouting their permanent assignment.

If that's not possible, perhaps a simple fix would be to save the scouts last assignment parameters, it would allow you the ability to keep them on the same job without needing to go through every option in the assignment window again. You would just have click on assign job as the parameters would already by saved and ready to go.

Another note, I have noticed in my game that when you leave scouting to the assistants, they send about 90% of the scouts to Western Canada for some reason. Is there are reason for this that I'm missing?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I couldn't find anything for posting minor gameplay suggestions. Feel free to move if necessary.

Game is getting closer and closer guys, keep up the good work.
mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #232
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
A few notes on scouting:

Any plans to make scouting assignments permanent or at least year round? It would be really nice if you had the option to just give a default permanent assignment to a scout that he always defers to if he doesn't have a specific assignment or finishes an assignment you sent him on.

For example, perhaps you have a scout permanently assigned to the WHL but you need that scout to check out a couple of players in a different league. You would have the ability to set a time frame - like 3-4 weeks - and when they finished they would return to scouting their permanent assignment.

If that's not possible, perhaps a simple fix would be to save the scouts last assignment parameters, it would allow you the ability to keep them on the same job without needing to go through every option in the assignment window again. You would just have click on assign job as the parameters would already by saved and ready to go.
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's possible to leave them assigned permanently the way scouting is set up right now, but a simple "restart with same parameters" response option to his email report would save some clicking.

Quote:
Another note, I have noticed in my game that when you leave scouting to the assistants, they send about 90% of the scouts to Western Canada for some reason. Is there are reason for this that I'm missing?
There's a bit of a local bias to the AI's scouting choices (I assume you're playing as the Canucks?). It's probably a little too strong right now, I'll see if we can change it. Then again, it beats having your team not draft any guys from the major junior league in your backyard for a decade at a time because the guy responsible for that region can't be trusted to make good evaluations, yet somehow still hangs onto his job year after year. Not that there are any real NHL teams who'd act like that.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:32 AM   #233
mrmyheadhurts
Bat Boy

Quote:
Then again, it beats having your team not draft any guys from the major junior league in your backyard for a decade at a time because the guy responsible for that region can't be trusted to make good evaluations, yet somehow still hangs onto his job year after year. Not that there are any real NHL teams who'd act like that.
Well played.
mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:20 AM   #234
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will the ECHL ever be playable for the Custom League(s)?
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 AM   #235
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will the ECHL ever be playable for the Custom League(s)?
I hope so. I backtracked their schedules to 1990.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:48 AM   #236
Duranium
All Star Starter

out of curiosity, Jeff.....any timetable on the hotfix?

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #237
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

In about 2 months

--

I've never seen anything like this happen in 8 years working with a Mac.
I mean exporting files from an App is one thing but exporting them straight into a programs folder is something else.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #238
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
I hope so. I backtracked their schedules to 1990.
I just want it for the modern game. Doubt if historical minor leagues will be playable for a long time.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #239
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
out of curiosity, Jeff.....any timetable on the hotfix?
It's looking like next week right now. Some of the contract-related issues turned out to be a little more complex than we thought, so Malte's been getting that straightened out. That'll also allow us to get some data changes made, since the new database version will be ready after the research deadline on Sunday night.

Contract demands for young guys on their second deal are significantly lower now, but there are still a few quirks that need adjustment, and we're going to extend the reductions to older, inexperienced players as well, since those were higher than they should be. We're also still getting the kinks out of the RFA system; offer sheets work now but there are problems with matching, as well as issues with players being qualified properly.

Coach firing has been toned down, but the initial efforts went too far in the other direction (down to 1-2 per season), so we're tuning that.

I think we're going to increase the starting cap in the March 5 update to $71.1m, the amount it will be next year, to alleviate some of the issues the AI has with managing the post-deadline, high-cap hit rosters.

The dumping of csv reports to the install directory, problems with undraftable players in historic mode, incorrect ECHL cap hits, and a few dozen other things have been corrected or adjusted. The fix list for 1.6.3 had 40 items, 4 of which are still unverified as fixed at this point; we'll begin testing 1.6.4 tomorrow starting with confirming the fixes to those outstanding items, as well as 15-20 new changes.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #240
Arkon
Bat Boy

As for coaches, is there any plans to implement a cap on the number of coaches and scouts an organization can have? In my second season there are only a handful of coaches/scouts left to hire.

Also I just noticed that in the NHL, AI teams are not being held to the contract limit. I have teams that are over the limit, such as Florida with 54 out of 50 contracts, while most teams due to huge salaries are stuck sitting at only 34 out of 50 contracts.
Arkon is offline   Reply With Quote