Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
Studna
Bat Boy

Several game issues

My first issue is that Im right before the game but it didnt let me go ahead telling me I should check my lineup. I went through everything and I just cant see anything, its so frustrating. Could it show or tell me what is wrong? I can look at it for minutes but I just cant see it and I dont even know what could be the issues that dont allow me to play game. Associated with this issue, would it be possible to ask Assistant to fill the rest/repair my issues? Not only to change whole lineup according to him but only to change things that are missing/wrong.

Maybe I just didnt find the solution how to do it and it is possible but I just dont know how to swap injured player in my lineup for undressed player so the new player would have same roles without me manually setting him to same positions (1st line, PP, PK) like was the injured player.

After first season there were some UFA players (Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Bishop and others) but they all signed new deals very cheap. Brendan Smith went for 1.4 p/y for 3 years, Shatts for 3.5 p/y for 3 years, Bishop for 4.2 for 3 years, I signed Huberdeau as UFA who even should be UFA for 3.5 for 3 years. All guys are signing pretty much for 3 years, nobody wants longterm deals and they are all quite cheap. Panthers signed Bishop when they had Luongo and Reimer with longterm deal and they put Reimer on waiver, similar situation with Blues, they had Jake Allen, for some reason they traded for Niemi (for Bouwmeester and 7th) and then for MA Fleury (for Schwartz) and then they waived Allen. Also Brandon Saad has weird cap hit - 3,083 instead of 6mil? But maybe thats my mistake, anyways he was traded quite cheap in both my games I started (PtG and Sandbox), once he was traded for Casey Nelson and bad prospect. Also for example Anti Raanta went for 4th. Then Dereck Beribeau was drafted in Draft 2017 by Canes, signed to contract and realeased in September. Just few weird examples of trading, contracts and so on.

In league Front office, there is cool screen Free Agents but I dont think there should be players that cant be signed in NHL because there are lot of players that are 14,15,16 to 19 and its bit confusing. Maybe filter option?

Would it be possible to know better info about those tactics? I mean I dont know how to say it correctly but could I have more open hand in choosing which roles do I want to set and make some kind of my tactics?

Would it be possible to make trades during draft? I think its huge part of the whole event IRL and it would be great to do it in game too.

It looks like lot of critcism but dont take it like that please! Just trying to give you and opinion Thanks for the game!
Studna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
Chomps
Major Leagues

I think the following items should be added/fixed for the final release:

In the Game - Player Summary, make the stats columns sortable. For example, click on the GR header and it will sort by GR column so it is easy to see which player has the best Game Rating.

In the Game, bring back all of the Sim options that were available in FHM2. Please put them in PTG mode.

The name of my loaded game League, text is cut off (NHL Winnipeg Jets). I am using a laptop with 1366 x 788 desktop resolution. This could be solved by removing the "Loaded Game: " text, and just showing the actual loaded game name.

Add more tool tips explaining what is going on in the Game.

Last edited by Chomps; 10-22-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studna View Post
It looks like lot of critcism but dont take it like that please! Just trying to give you and opinion Thanks for the game!
Didn't take it that way at all

Thanks, the feedback is much appreciated!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

For the love of hockey!!!!!

CHANGE the message when my lineup is not done correctly to HIGHLIGHT in color (red/yellow) what is wrong with my lineup.. PLEASE????

My tired and aging eyes cannot find the problem with my lineup. I updated to .50 today and restarted unemployed and got hired by Milwaukee Admirals. I'm just getting to the preseason and my lineup will not pass muster... I even went and removed the roles to see if that was the problem and it doesn't seem to work either. It will work if I let the AI pick them, but they really pick wonky players for special teams positions

I have gone over every position three times and found the game does not want to keep my 2nd line PK forward (a center) in the PK 3 on 4 first spot (reads RD on the name line for the first forward position) when I change back to 5X5 screen. Maybe a bug? any suggestions?

Last edited by moore4807; 10-22-2016 at 11:36 PM.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote