Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #41
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Andreas and Jorin will continue to look into it next week. If it works in FHM 2 and OOTP, it should be possible in FHM 3 as well.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Still not working after following your steps....I'm little confessed, in FHM 2 I get this message: Success: Opengl 2.0 compatible GPU found!
& in FHM 3 I get this message: Problem - OpenGL version is less than 1.4. OpenGL will be disabled. Please update your graphics card driver!

My laptop has OpenGL Version 3.1
Yeah, I'm confused too, sorry.

The log in post #35 makes it look like whatever settings you were using then got OpenGL to initiate with the exact same "2016-10-21 17:33:06 Success: Opengl2.0 compatible GPU found!" message, which is why I was thinking that setting might work for you. Maybe something else is going on though

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #43
ootp3to6
Hall Of Famer

Game setup, FaceGen Settings, Other options - "Enable FaceGen"

I was able to get "FaceGen" to work by clicking on "FaceGen Settings" tab in the "Game Setup" window, and click on "Enable FaceGen" under "Other Options" on the right side of the window - see attached screen shot.
For FaceGen to work, "Enable FaceGen" has to be checked in three boxes in three different windows.

I just stumbled on this fix for me.

"Enable FaceGen" should only have to be checked once in one window for "FaceGen" to be enabled.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by ootp3to6; 10-21-2016 at 09:35 PM.
ootp3to6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:17 PM   #44
Chomps
Major Leagues

I have the new build 3.0.50 installed. I started a new PTG game after installing *.fg (player facegen files) into the global facegen folder fg_files.

The game still will not load the real facegen files in the fg_files folder, however it is creating fictional facegen images of the players.

I can manually import the correct real facegen files of the players, but this is really time intensive.

Will the auto-load of real facegen files be fixed soon?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #45
Pwal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
I have the new build 3.0.50 installed. I started a new PTG game after installing *.fg (player facegen files) into the global facegen folder fg_files.

The game still will not load the real facegen files in the fg_files folder, however it is creating fictional facegen images of the players.

I can manually import the correct real facegen files of the players, but this is really time intensive.

Did you add the birthdate to the .fg file name? The file name should be in this format: firstname_lastname_dd_mm_yyyy.fg

You could also delete all the players pictures in your saved game graphics/player_pics folder to make sure the game generates new pictures.
Pwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:12 AM   #46
JeffR
FHM Producer

There may be something wrong with facegen in 3.0.50, we're getting a few reports of not being able to activate it at all. You may want to hold on until we've got that straightened out before trying to get the .fg file loading to work.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #47
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post

Please compare the file names of your fg files and of the files that FHM3 creates for a player. They need to be identical (but with different extensions .fg and .png)
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:03 AM   #48
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There may be something wrong with facegen in 3.0.50, we're getting a few reports of not being able to activate it at all. You may want to hold on until we've got that straightened out before trying to get the .fg file loading to work.
Right, but if FaceGen works for you, the .fg files should work as well.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #49
Chomps
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwal View Post
Did you add the birthdate to the .fg file name? The file name should be in this format: firstname_lastname_dd_mm_yyyy.fg

You could also delete all the players pictures in your saved game graphics/player_pics folder to make sure the game generates new pictures.

Guys, this may be the problem. The Facegen files that I placed in the fg_files folder do not have the birth date in the file name.

I used the *.fg files from the FHM2 quickstart that was available in the FHM2 mod section from last year.

I was able to load these files manually for my Winnipeg Jets, from each players profile. Although some are obviously missing, because they are from last year.

Is anyone compiling new *.fg files for FHM3 and the 2016 - 2017 season? I know this is very labor intensive, so if it is being done, I really appreciate the work!

Last edited by Chomps; 10-22-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #50
Rayzor
All Star Starter

I know photos need a birthday to show up, not sure if that will work with .fg..... I'm thinking it maybe a Gremlin in the code.
Name:  gremlins_puppet-620x403.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  34.5 KB
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #51
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Two important notes:

1. At first, I wasn't able to use facegen at all on my 4-year old multimedia laptop with all 3 options checked off. The facegens did show up after changing the FHM3 game settings from integrated to dedicated graphics. This probably would only be available for multimedia/gaming laptops, more basic laptops might not have this. I did this by opening the NVidia Control Panel, going to Manage 3D settings, browsing to and adding FHM3.exe to the list of programs, and changing from Integrated Graphics to the NVidia processor. If you're on a laptop, you might need to do something similar and change the 3D settings for FHM3 on your video card (be it NVidia, Radeon, or whatever). I didn't need to do this for OOTP or FHM2, though.

2. To get the automatic loading, you need to include the player's birthdate in _dd_mm_yyyy at the end of the filename. However, you also need to exclude any leading zeroes. For example, Brendan Gallagher's (born May 6, 1992) filename needs to be brendan_gallagher_6_5_1992.fg. As well, an initialed player like P.K. Subban needs to have the initials in his fg filename too.

Last edited by Hoiles; 10-22-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #52
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

I'm having difficulty with Facegen also. It is no longer generating players since the new update. I had no problem with the first Beta download. I've made sure all the areas are checked to start Facegen on the next startup, but no go. I did notice after I open my current game, in the game setting window, Facegen is unchecked. I check it, restart and the same thing happens again. It will not stay checked.
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #53
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

Found the problem. Facegen now working for me. Didn't see the third place where you needed to enable it to work.
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:13 PM   #54
OHISEEIT
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not working for me either. I have checked all three boxes, saved the game and restarted. Worked fine for FHM2, but haven't been successful with FHM3
OHISEEIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #55
thatguychap
Minors (Single A)

Automated facegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It should be automated as of the next build
So the build after 3.0.50 will have automated facegens? Awesome! Will that be the beta version still or will it be the actual release?
thatguychap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:18 AM   #56
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguychap View Post
So the build after 3.0.50 will have automated facegens? Awesome! Will that be the beta version still or will it be the actual release?
The next build will be another beta build AFAIK.
Version 3.0.50 already has automated Facegen (i.e. automated import of .fg files).
Old 10-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #57
Rayzor
All Star Starter

I still can't get .fg to work,........I've uncheck all the boxes for .fg....exit game....restart the game.....check 1st .fg box in settings....exit......restart..... go in game......go into settings/option.....check the box on the left.....exit out of game.....restart game..... go into save game again....setting/option.....check the box on the right.....exit game once again......restart game.....go into save game once again......go to player, & we find that the Import .fg is still grey out....I even change the players .fg file by adding (day_month_year) before doing the above sets.

Last edited by Rayzor; 10-24-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #58
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
I still can't get .fg to work,........I've uncheck all the boxes for .fg....exit game....restart the game.....check 1st .fg box in settings....exit......restart..... go in game......go into settings/option.....check the box on the left.....exit out of game.....restart game..... go into save game again....setting/option.....check the box on the right.....exit game once again......restart game.....go into save game once again......go to player, & we find that the Import .fg is still grey out....I even change the players .fg file by adding (day_month_year) before doing the above sets.
Please open the game, make sure all three "enable facegen" checkboxes are checked (this will be only two check boxes in the next build. One global and one per saved game with better description on screen). Additionally you might check the "Load fg files automatically" check box in Game Settings/Facegen. Then close and save the game.
When you restart it, make sure that Facegen works: Click on your manager name to open the manager profile editor. Open the "Picture" menu and see if the items on top of the menu list are enabled. Try "create new picture" to make sure (will delete old picture).
Okay, if that works you can continue with the fg files. Try "Import Photofit file" first to make sure if it works at all. For example import one of the example pictures in /fg_files.
If that works, auto-import fg files should work as well. Or maybe the file names are wrong. They must contain the DOB as in Andreas_Raht_25_4_1964.fg

EDIT: "Import PhotoFit files (fg files)" is only available if Facegen is available and working!

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 10-24-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #59
Rayzor
All Star Starter

I have done that many times over still can't import .fg, I can use photos np but not .fg, yes I do have the DOB right, the Import .fg is grey out & not highlighted, I did send a bug report on this, the bug report saids my Openlg is less then 1.4, but I have check my system & I have Openlg 3.1, I have .fg working in OOTP17 & FHM 2 with np.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Please open the game, make sure all three "enable facegen" checkboxes are checked (this will be only two check boxes in the next build. One global and one per saved game with better description on screen). Additionally you might check the "Load fg files automatically" check box in Game Settings/Facegen. Then close and save the game.
When you restart it, make sure that Facegen works: Click on your manager name to open the manager profile editor. Open the "Picture" menu and see if the items on top of the menu list are enabled. Try "create new picture" to make sure (will delete old picture).
Okay, if that works you can continue with the fg files. Try "Import Photofit file" first to make sure if it works at all. For example import one of the example pictures in /fg_files.
If that works, auto-import fg files should work as well. Or maybe the file names are wrong. They must contain the DOB as in Andreas_Raht_25_4_1964.fg
Old 10-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #60
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
I have done that many times over still can't import .fg, I can use photos np but not .fg, yes I do have the DOB right, the Import .fg is grey out & not highlighted, I did send a bug report on this, the bug report saids my Openlg is less then 1.4, but I have check my system & I have Openlg 3.1, I have .fg working in OOTP17 & FHM 2 with np.
Photofit files (aka fg files) will not work if Facegen is not available. We need to fix your Facegen/OpenGL problem first before you can try to load fg files.