Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 04-15-2024, 04:41 PM   #1
Patsy Tebeau
Minors (Double A)

How did ootp get the rights to use the likeness of all these players?

As the king of asking stupid questions, i must ask how did ootp get the likeness to use all these random players, especially minor leaguers from a century and a half ago, as well as college players. Using the b ref ID's i was literally able to import some guys who i used to play with into the game and they didnt get checks or anything as far as i can tell. Does it have something to do with the fact that the pictures are fictional so it doesn't count as actually using their likeness or something? MLB the show doesnt include a lot of good players I wanted to see for years now for such reasons so thats what made me wonder this.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:02 PM   #2
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I presume it is a fictional facegen given the type of player you describe. It is not a likeness of them in that case. Anyone can have "random generic face type X" assigned to them by turning on fictional facegens. For facegens that actually look like the people, OOTP ships with only licensed facegens.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote