Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #441
djday45
All Star Starter

Thanks

Thks Tosti, yep will be trying to rate a fighter a day from now on, hopefully I can keep to that schedule although each one does take some time as i research a lot and also give at least three ratings for each guy depending on the historical times they actually changed career stages and also specifically which ratings for them changed.

Last edited by djday45; 11-29-2010 at 04:23 AM.
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #442
djday45
All Star Starter

Sam McVey

Sam McVey

His rating was very weird in the database. think of him more like a mini Tyson of his day but with more endurance and heart but slightly less power and you have him.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 McVey_Sam.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 166 views)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #443
djday45
All Star Starter

Torpedo Billy Murphy

Torpedo Billy Murphy
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Murphy_TorpedoBilly.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 133 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:49 AM   #444
djday45
All Star Starter

Charles Norton

Charles Norton
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Norton_Charles.tbdx3 (2.3 KB, 139 views)
Old 12-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #445
djday45
All Star Starter

Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Chocolate_Kid.tbdx3 (2.4 KB, 143 views)
Old 12-02-2010, 07:04 AM   #446
djday45
All Star Starter

Joe Bugner

Joe Bugner
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Bugner_Joe.tbdx3 (2.6 KB, 158 views)
Old 12-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #447
djday45
All Star Starter

Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett

updating a lot of my earlier posts now with the full three rating system used for different career stages.
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Corbett_JamesJ.tbdx3 (2.1 KB, 154 views)
Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #448
djday45
All Star Starter

Peter Jackson

Peter jackson
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx3 Jackson_Peter.tbdx3 (2.2 KB, 150 views)
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #449
DamPenguin
All Star Reserve

Happy Holidays....

This is my first post and hope I don't annoy anyone but just wanted to wish Dean and the TBCB community a Happy New Year and looking forward to you continuing your great work. It's really nice to have knowledgeable "tweaks" and additions to this great game (i.e. Dean and Bear among countless others). As someone who has frequently viewed and never posted before... just wanted to say Thank You and please continue your great work.
DamPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #450
mets
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question about your ratings

Everything I read here indicates that you are right on with your rating changes.I am very intrigued with your heavyweight ratings .I understand that the ratings work well during play testing . I would like your opinion as to how you think the ratings will play when used against hws that you have not rated. In essence if I use these fighters against the pool of other hws will the results be way way one sided when compared to using the ratings before you added your insights to them
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #451
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by djday45 View Post
does not seem to create much intrest in the fighters im posting which is a shame, oh well.

Hello djday45 (Dean),
I've been away for a few years. My son purchased V2.5 for me and I can't get enough info from the forums. I just wanted to say "Thank You"
for all the work you have put into re-rating all these HW's. I'm in "Ratings of the Day Council" thread.
I am very thankful for any ratings of those mid level HW's and even any ratings of the lower rated fighters. Many 0/1/2 level guys I feel could be a bit higher. Each has a place in my uni. Watch out for that low level power puncher!
I had rated a few fighters that were on Corner Work, but I guess that is gone now. I agree with just about every rating change you made.

TY again for your hard work here! Makes life eaiser for an old-fart noob like myself.
Best Regards, Hootowl9 (Fred)
(Sunday, June 5th, 2011)
Hootowl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #452
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Smile Opinion on rerated vs non-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets View Post
Everything I read here indicates that you are right on with your rating changes.I am very intrigued with your heavyweight ratings .I understand that the ratings work well during play testing . I would like your opinion as to how you think the ratings will play when used against hws that you have not rated. In essence if I use these fighters against the pool of other hws will the results be way way one sided when compared to using the ratings before you added your insights to them
These rating are just great! I've learned alot about the game and how to go about understanding better the methods and reasoning behind rating fighters.
I too was wondering about the effect of non-rated HW's vs those posted in this thread. I don't think it would make a huge difference vs the lower rated groups to any large extent. In any case "thank you" for your efforts.
Hootowl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #453
bear
Global Moderator

Although I am not a member of the database revision team, I did Beta test the game. My understanding is that the fighters in the official database are relative to each other.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #454
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Bump
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #455
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

Read through this again this morning

It's a great thread, particularly for the re rating of the old timers
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #456
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I've been re-reading this thread. Great stuff. Is Dean still around? Must be mid-sixties now.

Cap
Old 01-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #457
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

I saw this thread at the top and was hoping Dean had made a reappearance. He's definitely missed.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #458
djday45
All Star Starter

Hey Chaps!

Hey guys, thks for the kind thoughts! I have not been on here for quite some time, but thought I would give the site a read tonight, i am always surprised my old thread is still having posts put onto it! I hope you are all well and happy and still enjoying your boxing and the game!

Dean
Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #459
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Ali Defense!

I think -6 for Ali's defense is way too high, just because he was fast and had great foot movement does not mean he was a great defensive fighter, many make that mistake, he was a very good defensive fighter, but not great,---6 makes him a great defensive fighter along the lines of Jack Johnson, and that's just not comparable, he is not on par with Jack Johnson defensively I place him at a -3 a much better spot for his defensive number.
Quote:
Ooh ive been looking foward to this guy, bit intimidating but going to give it my best shot.

Now before I start im going to state right off the bat I think people make a pretty classic mistake with Ali, its this - They try and make him an amalgam of his two careers, pre his ban and post his ban. This is impossible after the ban he was a very different fighter, past his best and his body could never get back to what it was, he still achieved great things but just imagine how dominant he would have been if he hadant had those lost years.

Im going to just concentrate on the pre ban Ali, that dancing, laughing young master is the true Muhummad Ali.

Im going to give you the whole rating, as I changed him a while back but will only explain stuff I think ive changed from the original.

STANCE - Left. This represents him psyching out and playing with his opponents heads before the bell so much there own game plan went out of the window and instead they bought into Ali's games. He was a master at this.

STYLE - Boxer.

FOULS - Seldom.

FIGHT INSIDE -1. Never really comfortable inside, not that he couslnt do it, he jsut didnt want to.

FIGHTING OUTSIDE -4. He was all about movement, hsi footwork was dazzling the best in division history.

COVER UP -2.

GO FOR KNOCKOUT -2.

CLINCHING -65. Quite a way down, because I want to show off his movement and footwork and Ali shuffle lol. Dont be afraid to make ratings big if the fighters attribute was, this makes them really stand out in play.

DRAW POWER -10.

CONDITIONING -3. This is an intresting one, Ali was a great physical athlete an amazing one. But, he didnt like to train and also loved women, now when I say he didnt like to train thats not to say he wasant an amazing trainer! A contridction I know, but so was Ali, This is one of his few weaknesses that he sometimes underestimated opponents he thought unworthy of him. So im going with a three here. Purely physically he should be a one but I want to model that weakness and I think I can do that here.

INTELLECT -10.

CONTROL VS BOXER -14. I have uppsed these quite a bit because they show how Ali with his physical gifts and speed dominated fights so completley in his younger incarnation. Against sluggers im giving a 15 as he always gave his best performances against the monster punchers of the division and soemtimes just sometimes a boxer would slightly throw him off his game ie Jones, Cooper, Norton. I trult beleive Ali was the greatest heavy of all time and im giving him control factors to suit. Who was faster? who dominated fights more than he? who had the complete package of skill, speed, athletic power and physical attributes? His nearest rival in greatness I feel is Joe Louis who would have struggled against him because he did against fighters that gave him a lot of movement.

CONTROL VS SLUGGER -15. See above.

CHIN VS KNOCKDOWN -1. One of the best chins in heavy history Ali could not be stopped period and was only down a handful of times despite facing a series of the greatest punchers in the divisions history.

CHIN VS KNOCKOUT -0. He was never ko'd end of story.

RECOVERY -0. Amazing powers of recovery for a great example look at the Cooper fight. When he was rarely hurt he always recovered quickly.

RESISTANCE TO CUTS -1.

ABSORB PUNISHMENT -1. The amount of punishment he could withstand was beyond human it seems to me.

KILLER INSTINCT -7.

AGRESSIVNESS -7.

ENDURANCE -10

DEFENSE - -6

FAST STARTER -3.

FIGHT ON ROPES -0. Has a fighter ever been better on the ropes.

HITTING POWER -7. Was temped to lower it but looking at his record pre ban he really was very deadly.

PUNCHING -46. The equal of Patterson in speed and accuracy, maybe the fastest in history, so fast ko punches sometimes were not seen lol.

COUNTER PUNCHING -44. Slighty worse than the punching rating just to show he although having magnificent reactions was not suited to it so much personality wise, he wanted to make things happen, not wait for them!

PUNCHES MISSED -60.

OVERALL RATING -15. This rating should see him by "the Greatest" in more than name in this division. Remember this is him pre ban not after.
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #460
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Mitchell

Not sure I can agree with Mitchell being a 12 at LW overall, no way he is one of the greatest of all time at that weight and that's what a 12 would make him, No way.
Quote:
Brian Mitchell
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote