Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Just some stats I've noticed (test league)

I'm running a 1870 to 2030 test just to figure out if league numbers are in line with what I want. My basic setup is MLB, the PCL, and then three fictional leagues - a Mexican league, a smaller independent league and then a 'home town' league. I stopped the sim at 1913 just to look at some players. (all numbers are with a 162 game season)

If you want to ask about any old time players, feel free.

In this world, Cap Anson debuted in 1870 in MLB and after 1877 he signed with a Mexican team for five years. Once 1883 rolled around, he would be back in MLB until his retirement in 1891. He wound up with almost 2500 MLB hits with a .306/.331/.393 career line 425 VORP in 17 seasons. But in five seasons with the Mexican league he would put up 991 hits and .387/.431/.527 with 382 VORP. He'd be barely behind the all-time hits leader (Jack Doyle with 3498) if he had put up those numbers in MLB instead of in Mexico. As of 1913, he's 14th all time in MLB.

Pete O'Brien, who in real life played 27 games in MLB in 1890, is the premier power hitter in baseball history despite only playing 10 seasons. He knocked 219 homeruns (once getting 40) but then left the MLB for that independent league I mentioned. He played 14 more seasons there and hit another 233 homeruns. In his first two years in the CA he had VORPs of 137.2 and 108.4.

Charlie Sweeney, who played five seasons of average SPing IRL, is a strikeout fiend in my world. In 16 seasons he amassed 5184 Ks, with another 500 in four seasons in the CA at the end of his career. Aside from Rube Waddell (3606 Ks in second place 14 years into his career), no other active pitcher has more than 1400 Ks. Only one other retired player has passed 3000. Five times Sweeney passed 400Ks in a year.

MLB has a good amount of offense, but every other league has too much for some reason. Career BAs should not be over .500 for the stars. It looks like most seasons are spot on with MLB numbers, but from 1888 for the next 12-15 years it spiked up way too much. MLB also saw increased offense then, but not nearly at those levels. Anyone know how to allow such a spike, but not have it increase that much? I can deal with a star hitting .430 back then, but not .760 (the PCL single season leader).
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote