Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Question My Brain Hurts

I want to run a historical/fictional universe. I want my real major league guys to play mostly as they should, with an occasional roster fill in by a fictional guy. Just what do I adjust in what league? I want to have a minor league as well as a competing, albeit inferior, major league. I can't figure out what settings to change so that fictional draft picks, minor leaguers, or fictional major leaguers are not quite MLB caliber. Does anybody really know the answers to this?

JP
RANGER11JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Just add a low level minor league...AA at most. The players created for them will be much lower talent automatically.

For the competing major league, just set the player creation modifiers at .9 or so and the fictional rookies will be created accordingly.

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsgeek
Just add a low level minor league...AA at most. The players created for them will be much lower talent automatically.

For the competing major league, just set the player creation modifiers at .9 or so and the fictional rookies will be created accordingly.
metsgeek,

Thank's for the quick response.

There's 10 different player creation modifiers, some of which are presently no where near .9. What will tweeking these all directly affect. And then, what do those Major League Eqivalencies do? THIS is why my brain hurts!!!

JP
Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
metsgeek
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP
metsgeek,

Thank's for the quick response.

There's 10 different player creation modifiers, some of which are presently no where near .9. What will tweeking these all directly affect. And then, what do those Major League Eqivalencies do? THIS is why my brain hurts!!!

JP
The way I understand it:

1) The modifiers are basically multipliers. 1.0 is equivalent to modern day talents. Since you're using historical modifiers in your majors, the numbers reflect the talent levels based on actual player stats from that era. If you wanted to create an entirely fictional league with historically correct stats, these modifiers should results in similarly talented players to the actual ones.

2) If you want players created with better talents, raise the modifiers above 1.0....worse talents, drop the numbers below 1.0

3) In the deadball era, the historical modifiers will obviously be very low as far as power goes....probably below .1. On the other hand Movement will be extremely high....perhaps 5.0 or higher.

4) Here's my adjusted recommendation: Each preseason, manually multiply the actual major league modifiers by .9 (or .8 or whatever lower value you choose) and input those numbers into the league setup page (On the strategies and equivalenies tab).

Ultimately, though, you just need to fiddle around with the game for 10-20 hours to get the hang of most of it. Read the manual, and above all...

DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR SETUP AS A QUICKSTART BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE LEAGUE.

That way, you can tweak it at will without having to build it again from scratch.

109 seasons and still running strong!!!
metsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Smile

metsgeek,

Thanks for the in depth explanation. I will try all that you suggested. Maybe then my brain won't hurt as much.

JP