Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
Chomps
Major Leagues

Dress/Scratch Players

I am playing in PTG mode as the Winnipeg Jets GM-Coach. I am trying to setup my roster, and noticed that for some players, I am unable to see the Dress or Scratch functions when I right-click on the player.

Why aren't these options available?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Are they away on international duty? (The 'INT' marker will be in the status column beside their name.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
Chomps
Major Leagues

Thanks Jeff, that is the issue. Maybe you could program a pop-up that will alert the player to this situation.

On a related note, I can't set my lines. I can only dress 20 players including the goalie, and that is not enough to fill in the 20 lines. Also, the Assistant AI won't do it either, and I get a message saying "not enough players to create lineup"
Old 10-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #4
Wh4tThePuck
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
Thanks Jeff, that is the issue. Maybe you could program a pop-up that will alert the player to this situation.

On a related note, I can't set my lines. I can only dress 20 players including the goalie, and that is not enough to fill in the 20 lines. Also, the Assistant AI won't do it either, and I get a message saying "not enough players to create lineup"
I am also experiencing this problem.
Wh4tThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #5
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh4tThePuck View Post
I am also experiencing this problem.
I also had this but it's not a totally a bug. I take it you both are running as GM-only?

It seems that you, the GM, must dress 20 players on your roster screen (18 skaters & 2 goalies). Once that's done, you can click "play game" & the coach will dress different players, select lines & tactics and crack on with the game.

Note I said "different players". I HADNT dressed Tootoo in a game but when I went into the game, Tootoo was dressed & on a line. So it seems the game's check before allowing us to proceed is to ensure 20 players are dressed, even if the AI Head Coach will change those.

So it's strange but ultimately it does work. I think the fix here is for the game to count & make sure that there is a minimum of 18 skaters & 2 goalies on the roster before allowing us to "play game" rather than checking to see if 20 players have been dressed.

Last edited by benspit; 10-19-2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Clarification of paragraph
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #6
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

There is a current bug where the AI coach won't perform its duties if you have the "Show Games" option turned on in the Manager Options screen. If you uncheck that option, they will then ensure people are dressed and such.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:07 AM   #7
Chomps
Major Leagues

I watched the Twitch stream, and Adam said that you need to Dress the following players:

12 Forwards
06 Defensemen
02 Goalies.

Once you do this, the AI Assistant will set your Lines for you.

Also, if you have players away playing in the World Cup, you need to bring up players from the Minor Leagues, to make sure you have the appropriate guys Dressed.

Last edited by Chomps; 10-20-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:05 AM   #8
Guzzernaut
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Speaking of dressing players, I find it infuriating that each time I click on the dress player button, the roster list jumps around, centering the list so that player I just dressed is on the bottom of the list, forcing me to scroll down again to find the next player I want to do something with. If I remember from FHM2, it does this anytime you choose an action with a player, whether it be training or something else. Especially at the start where every player is scratched, it took waaaaay to long to dress the players I wanted.
Guzzernaut is offline   Reply With Quote