Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
targy
All Star Starter

Historical expansion

Can someone out there give a list of the steps it takes to do an expansion to a historical league, I am close to 1969

1. When do you add teams

2. I know Lahman will add the players that came into the league in 1969 but how do you fill the roster, how do you add players from other teams to fill out the rosters

3. I know the game will use the schedule for 1969 but do I have to generate a schedule first before the game downloads the new players

4. Is there anything I am missing
targy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by targy
Can someone out there give a list of the steps it takes to do an expansion to a historical league, I am close to 1969

1. When do you add teams?
I recommend doing it in January. It has to happen in the offseason before rookies are imported in February, and I generally recommend doing it on the January 1st, to avoid accidentally waiting too long.

Quote:
2. I know Lahman will add the players that came into the league in 1969 but how do you fill the roster, how do you add players from other teams to fill out the rosters?
You'll have to do this manually by controlling teams and releasing players, then signing them for the new teams. Or you can let the AI for these teams sign free agents themselves if you're allowing free agency. They actually fill up their rosters, and generally I've seen expansion teams perform realistically if they get the rookies they had in real life and are also allowed to sign free agents. Presumably, with an amateur draft and signing free agents, it would still work out roughly the same. This seems to work well enough without having an expansion draft, but if you really want to do it the way it happens in real life, then you'll have to do it yourself by moving the players around.

Quote:
3. I know the game will use the schedule for 1969 but do I have to generate a schedule first before the game downloads the new players
I don't think so. The game seems to be okay automatically. However, you can always generate a new schedule as long as it's still the offseason.

Quote:
4. Is there anything I am missing
I don't think so. Just back up your entire league before you do any of this, in case you make a mistake or want to redo something.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
targy
All Star Starter

Thank you so much, it was very nice that you took the time to help me. I will back up the game before I start. Do you let the game do the back up or just save the file somewhere
targy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

In the 'Game' menu at the top of the OOTP screen, there is an option to make a backup of your league. But you can also do it by making a full copy of your folder in Windows. It might be safest to use the in-game backup option, though.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
MadMax58
Minors (Triple A)

Just a suggestion on #2.

If you are looking to put the players from the current teams to the expansion teams for historical accuracy, or any other reason as well, if you are commish you can simply go to the player's editor tab & assign them to the expansion team with a few less clicks than the release & sign process.

Otherwise, I've done the same as Charlie Hough advises, and had no issues.
MadMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote