Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
dhill
Bat Boy

New To The Game

I bought 6.5 a while back but did not have time to play it. Bought 2006, have it loaded and am ready to go. I have been reading this forum for a few months now.

To learn the game, I would like to do a 1980 AL sim. I have the Lahman DB. In the not too distant past, I played Statis Pro with a friend using the 1980 cards. He had Baltimore and I had KC (we were in DC and the Orioles were the home team then). I want to set up a leage using some of the 1980 AL teams. Questions:

1) After I load the 1980 AL, can I delete some teams to get it down to 2 divisions of 5 teams each? I don't want to use all of the teams to keep things simple.

2) I want to turn trades off and Minor Leages and use a 40 man roster (25+15). Will the AI for the other teams create their own rosters based on a 25 man team with 15 in reserve? Aslo, is this the best way to mimic a season? I also assume that I want to include the stats for 1980 in the load.

3) What happens if a player has been traded and played for 2 or more teams in a season. Do I need to manually delete him from the other teams? I would not want a player playing for opposing teams at the same time, it might cause a rip in the space-time continuum!

Let me know if this is possible.
dhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhill
I bought 6.5 a while back but did not have time to play it. Bought 2006, have it loaded and am ready to go. I have been reading this forum for a few months now.

To learn the game, I would like to do a 1980 AL sim. I have the Lahman DB. In the not too distant past, I played Statis Pro with a friend using the 1980 cards. He had Baltimore and I had KC (we were in DC and the Orioles were the home team then). I want to set up a leage using some of the 1980 AL teams. Questions:

1) After I load the 1980 AL, can I delete some teams to get it down to 2 divisions of 5 teams each? I don't want to use all of the teams to keep things simple.

2) I want to turn trades off and Minor Leages and use a 40 man roster (25+15). Will the AI for the other teams create their own rosters based on a 25 man team with 15 in reserve? Aslo, is this the best way to mimic a season? I also assume that I want to include the stats for 1980 in the load.

3) What happens if a player has been traded and played for 2 or more teams in a season. Do I need to manually delete him from the other teams? I would not want a player playing for opposing teams at the same time, it might cause a rip in the space-time continuum!

Let me know if this is possible.

1-yes,by going to edit league structure
2-yes to all,best way too mimick season is to make sure you check the historical league totals option.
3- The player will be on the last team he was on.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote