Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Season 33 (2051) - Where All the Action Happens

Welcome to the 2051 PT season. Good luck, have fun, and...

don't die.

Steelport, Blitzkrieg, and Brooklyn got the whale hell league this week, so no reason to check in on those teams until Sunday. Metuchen may have stolen themselves a chance at a PL title, as they got a league where there are ZERO PL titles.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
tallywood
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I made Perfect!!! What do I do with my hands?!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I survived last season in Diamond, now back for more punishment.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

I don't recognize any teams from here in D369, which indicates there won't be much to write home about this week, unless I pull something nice out of the packs I open.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #5
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Wonder how fast the Doctrine can fall out contention to defend their PL title from last week?
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

What a nice start to the season.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Lets make that a second team off to a good start.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
dbqs
Major Leagues

The Chicago Machine fell in the perfect WS to a scary lookin' (whale?) team... but we're having fun! And I'm only two cards short of finishing the Angels missions so maybe Finley and F-Rod will make an appearance to shore up my pitching staff this season.

Now my FTP McKinley Park Loser Turtles have made it to Perfect as well with a runner-up finish in Diamond! And they have a 100 FL Vlad Jr. on their side. Yikes. We'll see how these plucky upstarts perform at the highest level.

dbqs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #9
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Oh boy, ElementalKnight's team is in my division. If I don't go 0-18 against him I'll call it a win!

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The dysfunctional spineless ****show that is the Portland Raccoons that were three outs and four games away from the Crown of Crowns until Lee ****ing Smith pissed it all away will start their 21st Perfect League season and the second in their current stint. No matter how much they try, they won't possibly produce as much heartbreak as last week. Them little stinkers.

Granted, pack luck was insane the last 10 to 12 days. There's numerous newish players on the team, including Santana (reward), Nathan (market), Smith (pack), Gilliam (pack, but a while back), Robinson (reward pack), Trout (pack), and Thomas (pack). There is still a packed (96) Griffey jr. not on the roster (but might replace Strawberry before long), and we need a catcher now for sure. I sold the perfect Lindor from yesterday and some other cards and now sit on 48k PP, which I will doubtlessly do something stupid with, because stupid people do stupid things, and nobody's more stupid than me...

Nothing really ever changes about the Rebels who escaped relegation to Gold by a single game in the previous season and who aren't making any sort of PP. By lucky chance they popped a Mookie Betts last week. Mookie Betts batted .246 with two homers in 45 games. Mookie Betts is the camp fires surrounding the wretched remainders of the Army of Northern Virginia on the retreat to Appomattox Court House. It ain't gonna get better for a long time, and for the moment, it's gonna get whole lot WORSE.

Leaves the Accountants, who were promoted back to Perfect where they didn't belong in the first place. In their Perfect division they immediately find their bums audited by mcdog's Saints, so right now we're frantically shreddering every piece of paper that looks vaguely like a transaction log. They're dead. They know they're dead. I'm not even exaggerating. The first three games were against the Saints, and the Accountants were entirely wiped out. Nothing but more and more audits awaits them.

Welcome to another season. Another season where something inside me will die. Something inside me dies in every season. Welcome to another season. Welcome to another death.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #11
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Leaves the Accountants, who were promoted back to Perfect where they didn't belong in the first place. In their Perfect division they immediately find their bums audited by mcdog's Saints, so right now we're frantically shreddering every piece of paper that looks vaguely like a transaction log. They're dead. They know they're dead. I'm not even exaggerating. The first three games were against the Saints, and the Accountants were entirely wiped out. Nothing but more and more audits awaits them.

Welcome to another season. Another season where something inside me will die. Something inside me dies in every season. Welcome to another season. Welcome to another death.
Looks like the Machine are in the same league with the Accountants this year - although we're AC west and you're NC west! Hmm. Wonder if OOTP could use the location data of teams to actually roughly sort them into east/west/central divisions better?

Anyway, best of luck!

dbqs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Tough league this week. Some familiar faces too. I see the Portland Raccoons in the other conference, for example (hey fellow Raccoons!). But I also see the Ann Arbor Space Cadets (Oh no, not those guys again!), the Texas Texans, the Penticton Bobcats, Bayou WhoDats, Brooklyn Dodgers and Pawtucket Poets, all of whom have a higher WPct than the Raccoons (.669 WPct). On the plus side, none of them are in our division. And thankfully, the Bronx Bombers aren't the 19 championship, .809 Career WPct Bronx Bombers.

5 of us have 7 perfect titles (Raccoons, WhoDats, Bobcats, Dodgers, Space Cadets) and 2 more have 5 perfect titles (Poets and Texans - the Texans would probably have more if they hadn't played in a whale league).
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 11-04-2019 at 01:18 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #13
funseeker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

April 6 - Kyle Wright (62) pitches no hitter, 15 Ks.
April 8 - Lefty Grove (79) pitches no hitter.

11,500 PP. I just love dumb luck.
funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #14
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Hi.

Tired of the limited dexterity that my best players possess, the Flyers are starting 2051 with almost all switch-hitters. So far, so good.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #15
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My 3 teams have landed in a league with the Glendale Golden Grizzlies, who still have the most expensive roster I've ever seen. 100 Bonds and 100 Maddux in the reserve roster amongst dozens of high value cards, with some of them duplicates or more. It's definitely not the PP-optimal way to play Perfect Team, but maybe he's a rich guy having fun collecting.

His roster isn't really set "properly" either, which lends the option to outmanage his team. It's why I suspect he's won "only" 5 Perfect Titles. Maybe he's just having fun setting the roster as he likes, I dunno.

There's some other strong teams in P422 as well, stronger than the average Perfect League I've been in recently. Should be a competitive week and I'll be lucky to make the playoffs.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:22 PM   #16
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

KC gets a 2,500 PP achievement for Charlie Morton ringing up four batters in an inning. We thank Roy Campanella for being so goddamn clumsy, and his cooperation.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #17
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
KC gets a 2,500 PP achievement for Charlie Morton ringing up four batters in an inning. We thank Roy Campanella for being so goddamn clumsy, and his cooperation.
This post has been ironically thanked by Catchthedamnball.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:15 PM   #18
agreibrok
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
My 3 teams have landed in a league with the Glendale Golden Grizzlies, who still have the most expensive roster I've ever seen. 100 Bonds and 100 Maddux in the reserve roster amongst dozens of high value cards, with some of them duplicates or more. It's definitely not the PP-optimal way to play Perfect Team, but maybe he's a rich guy having fun collecting.

His roster isn't really set "properly" either, which lends the option to outmanage his team. It's why I suspect he's won "only" 5 Perfect Titles. Maybe he's just having fun setting the roster as he likes, I dunno.

There's some other strong teams in P422 as well, stronger than the average Perfect League I've been in recently. Should be a competitive week and I'll be lucky to make the playoffs.
Hey Argonaut. I’m the manager of the Golden Grizzlies. I was going to try some unused cards this week, but I see it was a bad look. Should have the lineup fixed now. P422 is a very challenging league this week. Wish you nothing but the best of luck.
agreibrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #19
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreibrok View Post
Hey Argonaut. I’m the manager of the Golden Grizzlies. I was going to try some unused cards this week, but I see it was a bad look. Should have the lineup fixed now. P422 is a very challenging league this week. Wish you nothing but the best of luck.
No worries, go ahead and try the unused cards. Why not? When you've got a big collection you might as well use it. Your team is really fascinating, it seems like you have all the cards. Your lineup was strong, I was just curious to see what cards you chose, might be hard when you have a wealth of choice. Good luck to you too!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:58 PM   #20
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

It's a debut Diamond season for two of my teams, as the DMV Beltways and Everett Aquasox make their entrance at the second-highest level of the game. After passing on the oh-so-generous offer to get Don Lock for 5,000 PP, the Beltways return an essentially unchanged lineup. Perhaps we should make some changes, as we have started the season 4-13.

Unfortunately, we don't have the PP for the card that could really help us, 100 Max Scherzer, and the market on 91 Babe Ruth is currently, shall we say, soft. So I'm afraid unless things start to pick up, or we get a perfect game, 35-0 drubbing or some other PP windfall, it could be one-and-done for the Beltways.

As for the Froggies - well, it's even worse. A 2-14 start, and even less PP to spend for improvements. I knew our No. 5 spot in the rotation would be problematic, but I didn't think the Nos. 1, 2, 3 and 4 spots would be as well. In fact, the only starter to record a win so far is that aforementioned No. 5 starter, Marco Gonzales. But hey, at least we got 250 PP for snapping our losing streak, which is nice.

Clearly, the Froggies are not ready for prime time. And Deion Sanders doesn't even have any ties to the Pacific Northwest.

The Quendas were promoted to Gold, and boy does the difference between those two levels show. They are sitting at 11-6, in contrast to the other two teams, and have a share of the lead. Casey Mize continues to tear it up - 4-0 with a 2.63 ERA, 171 ERA+ and 2.96 FIP - to think that I got him for a four-figure sum when it seems like 10,000 is the minimum for any Diamond Future Legend! I gave Nate Pearson another chance in the rotation, and he crapped the bed with an 11.05 ERA in his first three starts. Small sample size or not, we're in a tight battle with the Vercelli Cats here so it's back to the bullpen for Pearson.

Finally, there's the Redlegs. They have officially entered the dreaded Perfect League doldrums - strong enough to stay up, not so strong to regularly challenge for a playoff position (except for that one glorious year), and just bobbing along at or below .500 each season. Something needs to be done, and I have 43,000-odd PP. So I'm opening packs. Unfortunately, funds are a bit tight here at BigRed Manor so I'm not able to fly Westheim out here from Germany to open these pack for me, which is what I really need. But hopefully I'll get something good. Like Historical Perfect good. I haven't pulled a perfect card in a while.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote