Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
mars001
All Star Reserve

Animations better after 20.7.68

I've played about 10 games so far and the issue where the fielder holds the ball seems to be fixed. While I have still seen some smaller timing and boundary issues, this makes a big difference in my opinion.

Thanks Matt!
mars001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

That's good to know, thanks. Not that it was a big deal before, but those last few tweaks needed to 3D animation were what has wrapped up version XX for me.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
Pendragon
Minors (Double A)

This is a huge improvement! Thanks, Matt.

The doubles down the line to the wall actually went down the line and to the wall.

Much appreciated.
Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:01 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yep, glad you noticed Can get lost in the shuffle, but definitely happier with where they are now.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
zappa1
All Star Starter

There is much improvement in the 3D animations. Still there are things to be checked on and improved. I mentioned in another thread about the infield in problem. I finally had it work, only because the batter chopped it back to the pitcher and runner on 3rd couldn't score. Batter was out at first. I'm still having problems with when the pop up screen asks me if I want to send the runner or not. If I say yes, the animation doesn't show me what happened. Only the pbp tells me. However, if I replay the play, I get to see what really happened. I don't get why it's still doing this. If I can see the play when I replay it, why can't I see it without interruption when the play is going on? Keep up the good work and keep improving the 3D. Thanks.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I'm still having problems with when the pop up screen asks me if I want to send the runner or not. If I say yes, the animation doesn't show me what happened. Only the pbp tells me. However, if I replay the play, I get to see what really happened. I don't get why it's still doing this. If I can see the play when I replay it, why can't I see it without interruption when the play is going on?
This is a bug, likely graphics card related that we've never been able to pin down to be able to fix.

Seems super random, it will sometimes happen for a while, then work ok and vice-versa.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #7
Reed
All Star Starter

Having well over 50 posts in the animation issues thread, I too agree that the animations are much better.
Thank You
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #8
zappa1
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=Lukas Berger;4561658]This is a bug, likely graphics card related that we've never been able to pin down to be able to fix.

I'm not so sure. I just put in a new graphics card the Radeon RX-550 4GB.
It did this with my old card and is still doing this with the newer card. My system is AMD with a CPU Type AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 16GB and core clock of 1206 MHz. Drivers are up to date. It might be somehow AMD related. I don't know. There were some AMD problems some months ago, I remember.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:37 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

[QUOTE=zappa1;4561908]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
This is a bug, likely graphics card related that we've never been able to pin down to be able to fix.

I'm not so sure. I just put in a new graphics card the Radeon RX-550 4GB.
It did this with my old card and is still doing this with the newer card. My system is AMD with a CPU Type AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 16GB and core clock of 1206 MHz. Drivers are up to date. It might be somehow AMD related. I don't know. There were some AMD problems some months ago, I remember.
AMD do tend to give us more troubles than otherwise, but yeah, I don't think I'd blame it specifically on the card. The problem on these type of plays is that we generate the first portion of the play, then pause it, find your choice, then regenerate the play with that choice, and have to resume at the same time we left. So if anything goes wrong and we can't pick up where we left off, that's why you get the play just skipping right to the end, while you can go back and watch what happened. And it's the sort of thing where unless if we see it on one of our test machines and can poke through it in debug, it's a stab in the dark as to what might be going on for the few people who are still running into this issue.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #10
mars001
All Star Reserve

Is there additional logging that can be provided to help troubleshoot? Does the replay data that we can paste into the forum help for these issues as well?
Old 11-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #11
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Has the animation been fixed where the catcher runs out to field a ball at second base, and then throws out the slow-running batter at first base?

Happy to hear that they're better overall with this patch.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
mars001
All Star Reserve

I still see issues where the catcher runs out beyond the pitchers mound to throw out the super slow runner. Unfortunately this hasn’t been fixed yet. I’d suggest that you post it again in the animations thread in the bug post forum.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:32 AM   #13
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Just wanted to drop in and give the animations team a big Thumbs up. They are getting better and better, and really adding to the immersion. I loved "reading" my baseball games for many years and was a bit skeptical of the addition of moving players. But, man, I'm really impressed with the constant improvements and really want to give you a big Thanks!

(OOTP community: can you imagine if we get this quality of graphics with the new football game eventually?)
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:48 PM   #14
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Another issue on steals runner goes more than about halfway then changes mind IRL he would be picked off or in a rundown.
Work around idea for throw glitch forget graphics that don't work and go straight to play by play. I mean sorry it's a sac fly or not in this case I would rather know what happened, even if it meant not seeing it.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:03 AM   #15
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

Animations are definitely improved, but still have a ways to go.

The send runner pop-ups are still an issue.

Also, 3d is still very, very choppy on a more-than-capable system unless audience detail is reduced to simplified. It's no fun to play when the crowd is a giant blob.

I do have an AMD card. Matt's post above is the first time I've seen them say they have issues with AMD, so maybe that's my issue.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:18 AM   #16
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Anyone else noticing middle infielders holding the ball and making no throw. Happening 3 or 4 times a game for me.

Last edited by Bobfather; 11-26-2019 at 12:19 AM.
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:20 AM   #17
mp84
Bat Boy

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this, but since this is near the top of the thread, figured I'd start here. I'm not sure if it's related to the recent 3D parks I downloaded from the Steam Workshop (just the top subscribed ones related to baseball parks), or this was caused by the most latest hotfix, as I literally just started encountering this after close to 125 hours of playing so far. .

So I have 2 weird animation glitches, the first one is related to batters on the left hand side of the plate. Their bat image looks "chopped" up a bit, and when they swing it's like their swinging without a bat in their hand when they make contact or strike out.

The other animation glitch I get now is if a right handed pitcher has a certain type of windup, when runners are on base, he'll pitch from the stretch but point towards 2nd base and essentially pitch backwards when it's time to pitch towards home plate.

Anyone else ever encounter these issues and recommend a possible fix? As I said over 125 hours and this is the first time I'm seeing those 2 glitches, so wondering what happened. Their not game-breaking of course, just a tad immersion breaking as I prefer watching the games in 3D when I make the playoffs .

thanks,
mp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:32 PM   #18
mp84
Bat Boy

FYI, just an update ended up fixing the problem

It was related to the mods I downloaded, totally removed all the files in the Ballpark folder and let the game repopulate just the default ballpark data and models and now the animations are fixed. (no weird Right handed pitchers pitching backwards towards homeplate when runners on are base).
mp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #19
zappa1
All Star Starter

Wow, I just now noticed while playing out a game, on the scoreboard where it says last pitch, it also now says the type of pitch the last pitch was. Thanks OOTP. This was one of my suggestions a long time ago. Cool.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #20
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Wow, I just now noticed while playing out a game, on the scoreboard where it says last pitch, it also now says the type of pitch the last pitch was. Thanks OOTP. This was one of my suggestions a long time ago. Cool.
Are you serious? I didn't notice. I've got to see this (fires up his laptop immediately)!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote