Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2024, 07:00 AM   #1
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Really Big Can-Am Real World Templates (College, Juco & High School)

Complete Can-Am Real World Templates

I've done similar templates in previous editions of the game with mixed results. I'm hoping that OOTP25 has better support for amateur feeder leagues. But even if it doesn't, I'm still going to barrel face first into a ridiculously huge project, because poorly moderated ADHD can be fun.

I am sure I don't need to tell you that any of these files will be HUGE resources drains on your computer. I have 64GB of RAM (which was bananas when I installed it), and a CPU running at 4.7Ghz, plus all my OOTP files are on an SSD. I would not recommend trying to play these files on less than 32 GB of RAM (64 for better QoL, and more if you want to accomplish anything in a reasonable amount of time), the fastest processor you can, and if you can put all your files on an M.2 or SSD that would be ideal. All of these things go towards data retrieval speeds for your computer. And with files this big, those things can make an appreciable difference.

Intro
The concept is to build a world where an OOTP player can track any American or Canadian born player's progression from high school through to retirement with every stop in between.

Scope
This project is going to add to the default US leagues -
Adding to "official" included leagues to build up to the top 10 summer college leagues
NCAA Divisions 1, 2 & 3
NAIA
NJCAA Divisions 1, 2 & 3
CCCAA
NWAC
USCAA
American Legion Tournament
Perfect Game Major Events
Prep Baseball Major Events
High School Regular Season

Note - High Schools were built like this:
1 league, 50 divisions
Each state got a division with 10 teams.
Teams were selected based on the most current MaxPreps state rankings available.

Alaska has 1 ranked team, that divisions was padded with 9 Canadian high school programs.

Connecticut has 2 ranked teams, that division was padded with the top 8 ranked Prep Schools.

* * * Washington, D.C. is the 50th Division, so I either merged 2 small states and forgot, or I missed a state completely. If you see where I made my boo-boo, I'll go back and correct.

Available Files
Default Leagues + Summer College, NCAA & NAIA
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z41k5..._NAIA.wtp/file

Colleges + Jucos
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5yyg2...JUCO1.wtp/file

Colleges + Jucos + High Schools
https://www.mediafire.com/file/y9dlx...CO_HS.wtp/file
(* * * mediafile.com links are temporary * * *)

College (NCAA D1 + NAIA), Juco (NJCAA D1) & HS (quickstart folder)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uhk0r...quick.zip/file

LOGOS
NCAA D1
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/....php?p=5095684

Known Issues
None of the newly added teams have had their nickname, logo, jersey, or colors or home field set.
None of the newly added teams have had their Exact City set.
There are teams in college & juco that are named "DELETE". These are for teams that moved conferences that I caught as I was adding. I added all teams from the Create a League pre-game screen, making it impossible to edit divisions sizes on the fly.

To-Do List
For new teams:
- Add high school-age summer tournaments

For every team add:
- Adjust league rules, options & schedule length
- Nickname
- Exact City
- Field Name
- Team Logos & Colors

For high school teams:
- Add region & draft region

Next Release
I'm planning the next release to have:
- Complete NCAA Division 1 (with correct cities, nicknames, colors & logos - though I won't be releasing the logos, they're all integrated into my ludicrously huge logo folder)

- "DELETE" teams will have been deleted from all levels

Things I Could Use Help With
- Logos (I'm creating them as I go, which is doable, but tedious)
- Stadiums (I'm not creating stadiums, I'm just renaming the game-generated fields)
- Schedules (I'm also not going through and creating college or high school-accurate schedules, just setting the approximate number of games per season)
- Caps & Uniforms? Anyone the kind of maniac that I am that would want to be able to do college & high school baseball cards?

Last edited by ashburnandyawkey; 04-04-2024 at 04:58 AM.
ashburnandyawkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:44 AM   #2
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

I've edited NCAA D1 for cities & stadium names.

I just fired up a test game, and ran into a scheduling issue.

If you're trying any of these templates, you'll have to set your season start dates for your college & high school leagues to *at least* March 5th. Otherwise, the game won't be able to generate a playable schedule for you.

And until I can get a huge college & HS player DB for the game, you will also have to run "fill all teams with fictional players".
Old 03-30-2024, 09:40 PM   #3
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I did this several versions ago, so I commend you on your perseverance.

The state you are missing is Wyoming, which is because they don't do HS baseball but rather Legion Baseball.

I can help the HS effort with Logos/unis etc. if I can edit the list a bit. (e.g. I have all the Alaska teams; my list is larger than top 10, but since it was years ago, the current top 10 may not have been included but can be replaced.

If you intent is to use the feeder system to promote the players thru the various levels, then some math is needed to ensure you have enough players. Also, not sure you have set it up as feeder.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:06 PM   #4
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Duke - help with logos would be massive. I really hate looking at the generic logos. And yeah, I have a new file I'm posting that has edited HS to include region/draft region. It's a quickstart (I don't know if there's a way to save an active game as a template.)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:36 PM   #5
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

First *playable* version of the mod.

It includes full NCAA D1, NAIA, NJCAA D1 and High School (NFHS).

NCAA D1 is fully edited, with team nicknames, cities and logos.

NJCAA is edited for team nicknames, cities & region/draft regions.

High School teams are all edited only for region/draft regions.

Quickstart File:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uhk0r...quick.zip/file
Old 04-04-2024, 08:51 AM   #6
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I think I have all the D2/D3 logos. I also have an old NCAA D1/2/3 schedule, but it won't match current league alignments.

I also have the summer league logos

There is a nice set of HS unis done by Lawn Loaf several years ago. I believe he had done them up thru Minnesota.

College unis have been done as well.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 04-04-2024 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:17 AM   #7
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Do you have the logos & uni sets as a zip file? And yeah, Loaf's work has been unbelievable to document HS teams. Really incredible stuff.

For my purposes, I'm actually fine if the schedules aren't conference accurate. I'm just interested in getting the weekend set schedule right instead of what I'm getting now which is 6-7 games a week.

I've play tested the most recent file - note - you need to delete all the extraneous amateur leagues before starting, and I also ended up deleting the Dominican Summer League due to ineligible rosters. But so far, it is operating as intended. I'm looking at a pitcher that was drafted by the Phillies after playing 3 years in high school, he was born in New Mexico, went to a school in the New Mexico "division", then did 4 years of college ball with 1 year playing summer college, then got drafted and was assigned to the FCL.

So, I think we're in good shape to move forward and have the universe operate the way it's supposed to.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM   #8
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I can zip up what I have. Also, when your league is open go to League settings>Global settings. Then on the right side of the menu is global actions. Save as a template is one of the options.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 04-04-2024, 02:10 PM   #9
negroleagueenthusiast
Minors (Triple A)

Excited for this one
negroleagueenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 03:41 PM   #10
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
I can zip up what I have. Also, when your league is open go to League settings>Global settings. Then on the right side of the menu is global actions. Save as a template is one of the options.
I knew it was possible. Just forgot how.

You're a champ. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2024, 04:48 PM   #11
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

years ago I built the 2012 NCAA D1 schedule as a league and the conferences as divisions (and in some cases, divisions of conferences).

Talk about wild times.
AIO for OOTP 22: CLICK HERE! Thread
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:48 AM   #12
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
years ago I built the 2012 NCAA D1 schedule as a league and the conferences as divisions (and in some cases, divisions of conferences).

Talk about wild times.
'Member being young, and having lots of free time? lol.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:55 AM   #13
Insomniac
Major Leagues

I keep trying to build a D1 "universe" in some way or another; tried it with each version for the last 5-6 years. I keep hitting a frustration point, although that point moves each year.

My goals are real-life conferences, a realistic schedule (conference and non-conf), a conference tournament (where appropriate), and the NCAA tournament. I seem to be able to always get 3 out of 4. But if I try to squeeze the fourth element in, it breaks the others.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:01 PM   #14
BestbatBoy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I keep trying to build a D1 "universe" in some way or another; tried it with each version for the last 5-6 years. I keep hitting a frustration point, although that point moves each year.

My goals are real-life conferences, a realistic schedule (conference and non-conf), a conference tournament (where appropriate), and the NCAA tournament. I seem to be able to always get 3 out of 4. But if I try to squeeze the fourth element in, it breaks the others.

Me too. I use Robos jerseys and work through assigning players to their correct teams every year. I've always got plans to finish the rosters but I keep getting stuck partially done. I was gonna keep working on the 2023 version but I'm not sure anymore since none od my imports look good. So I feel like with the new ratings and such... trying to move forward with a previous saved game isn't the way to go anymore.
BestbatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:34 PM   #15
sabres12
Bat Boy

Ran into an issue in which I set the reserve rosters of all of the feeder leagues to 40 and a whole bunch of teams had reserve rosters well over the limit, preventing games being played. Anyone else have this?
sabres12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 04:38 PM   #16
sabres12
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashburnandyawkey View Post
I've edited NCAA D1 for cities & stadium names.

I just fired up a test game, and ran into a scheduling issue.

If you're trying any of these templates, you'll have to set your season start dates for your college & high school leagues to *at least* March 5th. Otherwise, the game won't be able to generate a playable schedule for you.

And until I can get a huge college & HS player DB for the game, you will also have to run "fill all teams with fictional players".
After filling the leagues with fictional players, did you also have a ton of 80 rated prospects in the following MLB draft?
sabres12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:37 PM   #17
ashburnandyawkey
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, the draft was pretty stacked.

Got through division 2's, but we're remodeling our office, so project is on hold for a week or two.