Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Cool A little tip

A little for your new players. Let's say you want to have a tournament with players from Certain continent or region [Caribbean, Asia, Pacific Northwest for example) or even of you wanted an all White, Latino, Black or Asian team or what ever. Just go to "Explore World" and make a new country (you dont have to add cities or anything) and name what ever; Asia, Black, Midwest what ever. Then give whatever players you want that as thier Secondary nationality. When the tournament comes up they will assigned to your teams.

For example lets you had a USA base team wanted to have a tournament based on where players were born from. You make new countries North Atlantic, South, Central, Midwest, Pacific Northwest,Pacific Southwest. Then assigned those to your players according to region they are from and boom you have a tournament based on were those players are from.

Or maybe you wanyed to have an All-Latino team go against an All-Asian team and All-Black team. You can

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

For feeders leagues its like having a tournament of multiple all-star teams based on regions. Just create those regions. Or maybe you want to start a tourney with 50 teams based on states and assigned players per there state of birth. Or maybe you want two USA teams on your WBC USA White, USA Black

Last edited by Padreman; 02-15-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

would this work on leagues like what we were talking about on another thread. As you know its a little pet peeve of mine to get a couple nations with correct names and background.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
would this work on leagues like what we were talking about on another thread. As you know its a little pet peeve of mine to get a couple nations with correct names and background.
Unfortunately with languages you’re going to be very limited Because the game excludes many languages

Old 02-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

FYI you can define regions in the game to handle the same thing. I forget exactly how to define regions, but you can pack sets of states or countries together, and then assign your tournament teams to pull players from "regions" not from "nations", and you'll get the same functionality without actually having to edit players' second nations.

You can't assign "regions" based on language or ethnicity, but it works if you want your "tournament of states" or whatever.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI you can define regions in the game to handle the same thing. I forget exactly how to define regions, but you can pack sets of states or countries together, and then assign your tournament teams to pull players from "regions" not from "nations", and you'll get the same functionality without actually having to edit players' second nations.

You can't assign "regions" based on language or ethnicity, but it works if you want your "tournament of states" or whatever.
True, but was referring to are things there a more specific or detailed for example making a team from players from North California playing against a team from South Florida playing against a Team from Western Pennsylvania. Or creating a “nation” called German Langugue and then get players from Germany, Belgium, Switzerland etc and Giving then that as their 2nd nation the game will pull only players from those German Speaking nations.

But you’re right the game it’s self already comes with some regions already set, This is more if you want to be a little bit more specific

Old 02-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

i am confused as I just tried this with a nation for example Israel ... The language is listed as Arabic of which then gives muslim names there NONE are Israeli or Hebrew names even listed as available or anything of that sort to even try to do region or anything like that. Using this as an example I would prefer it to be 100% Hebrew or Israeli names. I am not able to figure it out.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I Thought that we could have an all black team or league? Odd that the checkbox isn't allowed in fictional leagues.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #9
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post

I've always wanted to do a "Tournament of States". Matt, can you explain how to set this up. Thanks
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:51 PM   #10
too_on_too_out
Minors (Triple A)

bumped!
too_on_too_out is offline   Reply With Quote