Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Palmer no hits the Tigers

Name:  only_man_alert_1969-05-01_15-07-37.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  452.0 KB
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #2
fredbeene
All Star Starter

can you please point me to the stat page in OOTPB where you can see the pitchers who have pitched no hitters, perfect games, Triple plays
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
can you please point me to the stat page in OOTPB where you can see the pitchers who have pitched no hitters, perfect games, Triple plays
Go to your leagues history page and at the top you will see several different menus, awards, leaderboard, players, teams, One of the options will be accomplishments. You can see no-hitters there
Old 05-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Please let me be out of my slump. Started replaying 1969 Saturday morning. As usual, I'm simply watching things unfold. I'm not managing or running a team. Normally I just pick one game per day and watch it play out from start to finish, but I decided to try something new with this league and so far I'm really enjoying it. What I'm doing with this league is Eugene Churching my games and in doing so, each day I'm watching every single game. This of course, is a much slower process than my usual, but slowing down might be just what I needed.

Eugene Churching is defined as simming to a certain point in a game and then watching/playing the rest. In my case, I'm simming each game till the 7th inning. I then watch the final 3 innings and any extra innings that follow.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

Funny, I do it the opposite way of church. I play, watch, the game until one team gets a 4 run lead, then I fast play the half inning of the leading team and play out the losing teams half inning to see if they can make a comeback. This way I can also watch for no hitters or a batter hitting homers the 1st couple at bats etc.. so many ways to play.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Plugging along through 1969. I'm approaching the end of May. Lots of surprises so far. For one, the White Sox are in first place in the AL West. I keep waiting for them to falter, but so far they are holding their own. Minnesota on the other hand can't seem to sustain a run and right now sit right around the .500 mark. In the end, I think this division will come down to the A's and the Twins.

Baltimore is a force to be reckoned with in the AL East. Great pitching, great hitting and great defense. Jim Palmer is 7-0 with the above no-hitter under his belt. Brooks Robinson is leading the AL with 36 RBI. The Orioles were the first team to 30 wins on the season. As hot as the Orioles are, the New York Yankees are staying right on their tail. The Yankees are 2 games back and currently have an 8 game winning streak going. Fritz Peterson is off to a 9-1 start. Every other team in the AL East is below .500 at this time. The Boston Red Sox are in 3rd tied with the Detroit Tigers. This is a feat in itself as the Red Sox were flat out dreadful to start the season. May has been good to them and they are clawing their way back towards respectability.

The St Louis Cardinals sit on top of the NL East. The Cardinals got hot when May arrived and rolled off a 10 game win streak. Bob Gibson and Steve Carlton have both been pitching great during the hot streak and Lou Brock is sitting near the top of the league batting average wise. Meanwhile, the Mets and Pirates have cooled off. This division should be a blast to watch unfold as I think it will remain close all the way. The Chicago Cubs have been a huge disappointment so far. They are rolling near the cellar.

The Braves and Dodgers are neck and neck in the AL West. This is another race that looks like it could stay close till the end. Both teams have solid hitting and pitching. Don Sutton leads all NL pitchers in the win category. His teammate Bill Singer is having a solid season as well. The Cincinnati Reds are in last place in the West and I can't figure out how. They are loaded, but can't seem to put it together. The Padres surprised everyone with their solid start to the season, but reality is steadily kicking in. Meanwhile both Houston and San Francisco have been on roller coaster rides so far, up, down, up down. Both are hitting the crap out of the ball. Mays, McCovey and Bonds make for a scary lineup.

Dick Allen is leading the NL and MLB with 16 home runs.