Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Best Sub-10k pitcher

Best pitcher I can get for under 10k? I'm moving up to gold next season but I want a guy who can be serviceable in Diamond.

thanks
baseballonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
mess
Minors (Triple A)

2003 Halladay has been lights out for me this season in Diamond. Lead my team in Pitcher WAR even though I picked him up late in the season and only pitched 120 innings.

Usually runs for around 5k if you can find him in the AH. Not terribly common but he goes up once in a while.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:46 PM   #3
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Of those currently in the Auction House: Tiny Bonham or Roy Halladay.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

I'm a fan of the legend Nolan Ryan. Love the big stuff out of him, and runs ~6k. He's not going to win a league for you or anything, but can definitely hold his own in Diamond and will pile up achievements too.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Larry Dierker is still doing well for me in Perfect. I used him in the rotation two years ago and he put up a 4.50 ERA in 20+ starts.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #6
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Is there the opinion that LHP with low Movement get beaten badly when you get up to Diamond?

I have Carl Hubbell and Steve Carlton in a .900 HR park who are performing very well for me but I swear I have read somewhere to avoid this combination at all costs.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrapley View Post
Is there the opinion that LHP with low Movement get beaten badly when you get up to Diamond?

I have Carl Hubbell and Steve Carlton in a .900 HR park who are performing very well for me but I swear I have read somewhere to avoid this combination at all costs.
It's simply the fact that most of the top batters have very good LHP splits.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:04 PM   #8
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrapley View Post
Take a look here...
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=298077&page=2

I'm hoping to see if there are some conclusions (based on larger sample sizes) that differ from what was suggested. The ERAs of LHP to RHP does reverse direction as the level gets higher, but I wonder if it's the quality of LHP that is lacking rather than just the fact they are LHP.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:38 PM   #9
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Take a look here...

I'm hoping to see if there are some conclusions (based on larger sample sizes) that differ from what was suggested. The ERAs of LHP to RHP does reverse direction as the level gets higher, but I wonder if it's the quality of LHP that is lacking rather than just the fact they are LHP.
This is exactly where I saw it, just couldn't remember the title of the thread!
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #10
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

90 Peters, 98 Syndergard, 93 Cone and 91 Carpenter are right around 10k. These are about as high up the charts you can get and stay under 10k
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by |ChelseaNS View Post
90 Peters, 98 Syndergard, 93 Cone and 91 Carpenter are right around 10k. These are about as high up the charts you can get and stay under 10k
The 92 Kershaw and 91 Beckett are right there also.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:45 AM   #12
Morug
Major Leagues

90 Roger Clemens is not bad too.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:54 AM   #13
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Take a look here...

I believe 100% that the poor quality of the best LHPs is part of what is driving this backlash towards the southpaws.

I personally believe the most telling card will be the 86 OVR 2015 Keuchel, whose late release has resulted in far less data to add to the analysis. For those of you prone to make such estimations, is there a LHP with a better projected FIP that the historic Keuchel?

Edit: and to remain germane to the original intent of this thread, I did purchase my historic Keuchel for less than 10k points. Unfortunately, that no longer appears to be the case. It probably should have never been the case at all, but overall ratings of 86 aren't supposed to be indicative of one of the best pitchers in the game normally, so... *shrugs*

Last edited by Dogberry99; 01-28-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:26 AM   #14
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I believe 100% that the poor quality of the best LHPs is part of what is driving this backlash towards the southpaws.

I personally believe the most telling card will be the 86 OVR 2015 Keuchel, whose late release has resulted in far less data to add to the analysis. For those of you prone to make such estimations, is there a LHP with a better projected FIP that the historic Keuchel?

Edit: and to remain germane to the original intent of this thread, I did purchase my historic Keuchel for less than 10k points. Unfortunately, that no longer appears to be the case. It probably should have never been the case at all, but overall ratings of 86 aren't supposed to be indicative of one of the best pitchers in the game normally, so... *shrugs*
Carl Hubbell (97) and Perfect Randy have higher projected FIP on the ASURay formula. Randy & Dallas are pretty much a wash when it comes to vR.

I too got Keuchel back before he took off. I got him at 9500, which is ~1/3 his current Past 5. I didn't even realize he was a new card when I grabbed him. His price might not be done rising yet.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 01-28-2019 at 02:28 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote