Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

To the Breakers, TwinsFan And NYY23

I put this here so I can see how you are doing without searching forever. .Lake Monroe is easy to find but the rest of you not so much. How is this season going my friends?.....
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Hello my friend! I feel out of it this week, but that's because of long hours at work. My first season in perfect has been going pretty well, although today has been somewhat of a disappointment. Still 44-30 overall, and a game and a half out of the division, and holding a small lead in the Wild Card.

I'm pleased to at least have a shot. Looking forward to seeing how the Breakers are doing this year, along with your team Zorro!
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Hello my friend! I feel out of it this week, but that's because of long hours at work. My first season in perfect has been going pretty well, although today has been somewhat of a disappointment. Still 44-30 overall, and a game and a half out of the division, and holding a small lead in the Wild Card.

I'm pleased to at least have a shot. Looking forward to seeing how the Breakers are doing this year, along with your team Zorro!
I forgot this is a bad week for you. Be sure to add me as a friend so we have a chance to play in the same league together next week. We both have to have the friends check to have a chance to get into the same league. The updat comes out Friday. 😁
Old 01-23-2019, 08:48 PM   #4
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I forgot this is a bad week for you. Be sure to add me as a friend so we have a chance to play in the same league together next week. We both have to have the friends check to have a chance to get into the same league. The updat comes out Friday. 😁
Oh that is awesome! Now I can look forward to getting my butt kicked.

I didn't see that until you mentioned it, so I've added you, and I'll update the setting to use friends when it's released. I'm really looking forward to next week now!

Yeah, the worst is almost over, if all goes well I'll at least get out at a normal time tomorrow. I'm afraid to tweak too much this week, because any change will last a month.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh that is awesome! Now I can look forward to getting my butt kicked.

I didn't see that until you mentioned it, so I've added you, and I'll update the setting to use friends when it's released. I'm really looking forward to next week now!

Yeah, the worst is almost over, if all goes well I'll at least get out at a normal time tomorrow. I'm afraid to tweak too much this week, because any change will last a month.
I miss you on the forum. Sometimes life gets in the damn way. Lol....😁
Old 01-24-2019, 01:18 AM   #6
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Fellas! Look forward to hopefully being in a league with you all again next week after the Friends settings takes effect.

The IB Breakers are holding their own at 54-28 through the halfway point. My offense is number 2 in the league right behind our favorite father-son combo in Lake Monroe :-) (who also leads their division at 52-30).

How is Rocky Point doing?
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:22 AM   #7
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Good to hear your Titans are doing well! Who carried the weight on your roster for the first half?
Old 01-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #8
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
Good to hear your Titans are doing well! Who carried the weight on your roster for the first half?
I picked up Clemente on a whim last year, moved Mookie to second, and gold Glover Phil Rizzuto to third, and they've all been carrying me offensively this year.

My pitching is struggling though, and after seeing the perfect Mo I spent the money earmarked for a starter on packs, and struck out.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #9
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Fellas! Look forward to hopefully being in a league with you all again next week after the Friends settings takes effect.

The IB Breakers are holding their own at 54-28 through the halfway point. My offense is number 2 in the league right behind our favorite father-son combo in Lake Monroe :-) (who also leads their division at 52-30).

This season has been a bit of a struggle. I am 56-27 but only lead the Division by one game. San Francisco
Owned by Ravioli27 has a very good team and knows how to use it. His lifetime winning pct is .661 so it looks like it will be a fun and wild ride to the end.😁
Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #10
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It is a lot of fun seeing both of you doing well and of course our Friend Lake Monroe who always seems to do well. I truly hope we all land in the same league next season but perhaps in Different Divisions.😁
Old 01-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Takes the run scoring title away from Lake Monroe. The father always prides himself (and Rightfully so) on trying to be the best run scorer in the league so take it away and let him bitch a little. Lol. Jk. (Kind of) 😁
Old 01-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I picked up Clemente on a whim last year, moved Mookie to second, and gold Glover Phil Rizzuto to third, and they've all been carrying me offensively this year.

My pitching is struggling though, and after seeing the perfect Mo I spent the money earmarked for a starter on packs, and struck out.
Mookie has been pretty consistent for me also. Never dabbled with Rizz or Clemente. Glad they're working out!

Someone has to be drawing all these sweet cards, right? Maybe someday, we'll know the feeling of opening a pack and seeing that magical perfect card opening... And I will buy a lottery ticket on the same day.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:18 AM   #13
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
This season has been a bit of a struggle. I am 56-27 but only lead the Division by one game. San Francisco
Owned by Ravioli27 has a very good team and knows how to use it. His lifetime winning pct is .661 so it looks like it will be a fun and wild ride to the end.😁
Awesome! Nothing like a neck and neck division race going into the last couple days. Also, I'm pretty sure my team slacks off in the play-offs when they clinch the division early and finish with a huge lead.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Takes the run scoring title away from Lake Monroe. The father always prides himself (and Rightfully so) on trying to be the best run scorer in the league so take it away and let him bitch a little. Lol. Jk. (Kind of) 😁
That's going to be a challenge! We also each own the same Ty Cobbs that are both tearing it up (1st + 3rd in BA, 1st +2nd in SB, 1st + 4th in WAR). Fun to watch who ends up with the better overall season.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #15
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
That's going to be a challenge! We also each own the same Ty Cobbs that are both tearing it up (1st + 3rd in BA, 1st +2nd in SB, 1st + 4th in WAR). Fun to watch who ends up with the better overall season.
Is that the 96 rated Cobb? I do want that card.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Yea that is the one we have. We have a better RD but are underperforming our pythag so far. Will be interesting to see if we choke in the playoffs again as usual. On my side, I'm trying to find anyone who can reliably close. I keep starting the season with perfect Eck there and he keeps getting shelled so then I put Rivera in and he gets shelled and its awful
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awesome! Nothing like a neck and neck division race going into the last couple days. Also, I'm pretty sure my team slacks off in the play-offs when they clinch the division early and finish with a huge lead.
I would rather win the Division by 30 games because I always fold in the Playoffs anyway. ☹️
Old 01-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mookie has been pretty consistent for me also. Never dabbled with Rizz or Clemente. Glad they're working out!

Someone has to be drawing all these sweet cards, right? Maybe someday, we'll know the feeling of opening a pack and seeing that magical perfect card opening... And I will buy a lottery ticket on the same day.
Someone definitely does, and it's not me. Honestly I probably exceeded the odds, so I can recoup some, but nothing that helps the team. One of these days I'll hit a home run!
Old 01-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #19
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Hey there....

Which Clemente did you pick up? I got the All Star RF 1967 card (89) and so far love what he's doing for my team. A perfect upgrade for me in right field over my old leftover Ichiro (who played all the way from Bronze through 3 seasons of Diamond!)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #20
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Hey there....

Which Clemente did you pick up? I got the All Star RF 1967 card (89) and so far love what he's doing for my team. A perfect upgrade for me in right field over my old leftover Ichiro (who played all the way from Bronze through 3 seasons of Diamond!)
Hey, same version for me, and I'm really loving what he's doing. I didn't have as much of a need, but Clemente is a keeper I think. He's hitting .340 with 13 homers so far this year. He'd be in the mix for a batting title if it wasn't for Ty Cobb. He'll definitely give you a little bit more pop than Ichiro.