Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #21
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Well, you should be pretty happy then. I lost the close ones and the blowouts, and you got the sweep.

My Maddux (94) got bombed; your Maddux (93) allowed one run over eight innings; guess I overpaid for the wrong Maddux.

My team just can't beat good teams. I am 11-3 against Regina (worst team in my division), and 6-0 against two teams in the other conference (one of whom is a tanker), but I am only 47-44 against the rest of the league.

I need a Babe Ruth or a Ty Cobb but my chances of getting one from a pack are slim and even lower from my wallet.
47-44 is really not a BAD thing. Granted it is not a elite number but there are many teams in our league who would like to be 47-44 against good teams.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

And if you take me out of the equation you would be 46-38 against good teams which equals contender in any league. Remember you try and play a little over .500 with the good teams and kill the bad. That is my theory anyhow. 😁
Old 01-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #23
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, you should be pretty happy then. I lost the close ones and the blowouts, and you got the sweep.

I am not all that happy with my teams performance. You hit the hell out of my pitchers. Something teams have not been able to do in the last two seasons . My batters performed in the clutch or I could have lost that series. You have a verry good hitting team. They score runs and have the capability to come back from large deposits. I could not put them away when I got a very healthy lead and that is a credit to you....
Old 01-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I am not all that happy with my teams performance. You hit the hell out of my pitchers. Something teams have not been able to do in the last two seasons . My batters performed in the clutch or I could have lost that series. You have a verry good hitting team. They score runs and have the capability to come back from large deposits. I could not put them away when I got a very healthy lead and that is a credit to you....
I also play in a jacked-up ballpark, compared to your pitcher's park. I sometimes wonder if I would do better in a pitcher's park, but my home and road records are about the same. You get more PP from offense, so that's why I made my home park a "big" park with lots of "all hits", "hit machine", "contact inning", and "team effort" achievements. So far this year, I have 39 of those four combined which earned 1080 points.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately, we have another tanker in our league. I reported him early yesterday, but no action has been taken so far. In the meantime, he continues to lose games by double-digit scores, screwing up the game balance and pennant races in the process. I hope he goes to diamond and loses his @$$.

I really wish the developers would get a handle on enforcing the ToS.

Name:  tanker.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  118.8 KB
Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #26
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately, we have another tanker in our league. I reported him early yesterday, but no action has been taken so far. In the meantime, he continues to lose games by double-digit scores, screwing up the game balance and pennant races in the process. I hope he goes to diamond and loses his @$$.

I really wish the developers would get a handle on enforcing the ToS.

Attachment 598892
We had one in my league last season that I reported. When nothing happened I went public and still nothing happened.I honestly think OOTP just does a bluff job on this. It is what it is so we just have to deal with these cowards that are afraid to compete with the rules. They really should not play this mode if they cannot follow the rules...
Old 01-26-2019, 01:42 AM   #27
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The tanker is still at it. The reserve roster has 6 diamonds and 14 golds. The active roster has 1 gold and the rest silver and below. Lots of achievement points being handed out here.

Name:  tanker2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  137.5 KB
Old 01-26-2019, 02:01 AM   #28
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We had one in my league last season that I reported. When nothing happened I went public and still nothing happened.I honestly think OOTP just does a bluff job on this. It is what it is so we just have to deal with these cowards that are afraid to compete with the rules. They really should not play this mode if they cannot follow the rules...
I’m with you, Z. I’d be surprised if anything is done about it. In fact, I sense that the Powers That Be frown more upon those who complain about TOS violators than the violators themselves.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #29
Ravioli27
Bat Boy

Welp. I stuck within 3-4 games pretty much all season of Zorro but looks like time is just not on my side.
Winning the wildcard by 17 games hahaha. Lets hope i get into the playoffs
Ravioli27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #30
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravioli27 View Post
Welp. I stuck within 3-4 games pretty much all season of Zorro but looks like time is just not on my side.
Winning the wildcard by 17 games hahaha. Lets hope i get into the playoffs
We have 3 games at your place at end of season. I am worried because my Math tells me you will win the Division. But we are both in the playoffs.😁
Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #31
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

What I mean by math is you have a easier schedule the rest of the way. Also you are only 2 back in the loss column and we play 3 at your house so......I am very worried...
Old 01-26-2019, 03:07 PM   #32
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I just found out I am screwed for the playoffs. If I get past the 2nd round I have to make my 50 and under lineup for Orcins league . I forgot I have a procedure Monday and have to get up at 3am to go and will not be back from Hospital until late afternoon. So I have to fill out my team tomorrow night before playoffs are over for the next day. This kills me but if I do not do it then it won’t get done until Monday night and I can just see my league saying. Damn that Cheating Zorro, He was right about doing anything to win. 😜.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:39 PM   #33
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just found out I am screwed for the playoffs. If I get past the 2nd round I have to make my 50 and under lineup for Orcins league . I forgot I have a procedure Monday and have to get up at 3am to go and will not be back from Hospital until late afternoon. So I have to fill out my team tomorrow night before playoffs are over for the next day. This kills me but if I do not do it then it won’t get done until Monday night and I can just see my league saying. Damn that Cheating Zorro, He was right about doing anything to win. 😜.
There's an easy solution for this... just cancel the procedure.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #34
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's an easy solution for this... just cancel the procedure.
Believe me I would love to. Getting up early is not my bag any more.😁
Old 01-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #35
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Orcin, I am getting 27 as my count for that league, Is that correct? So far.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:54 PM   #36
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Orcin, I am getting 27 as my count for that league, Is that correct? So far.
Yep, 27. Perfect is only 18 plus promotions (if any) so I hope we can get a few more.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #37
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep, 27. Perfect is only 18 plus promotions (if any) so I hope we can get a few more.
Yes me to. 😁
Old 01-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Zorro and Ravioli27 are separated by 1/2 game, and they play each other in the final series. The three-game set is in San Francisco where the 49ers are 54-24. The Zorros are no slouch on the road (45-33) but they will have their hands full trying to avoid the wild card game.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #39
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Ravioli, Good luck in the series. I moved my three best starters at you so if you win you beat my best. I have done all I can do so I am going to get some sleep. Congratulations if you win my friend. I always give it my all so you beat me at full throttle. I would love to watch it but I have to get up tomorrow to pack and get ready for Monday, I also have to rearrange my roster so it is legal for Monday. I hate doing that for the playoffs because for one I never use a 5 man roster and I usually watch all the games and adjust. But enough whining about tomorrow. Good luck tonight. This was a good way to end the season with two 100 win teams going head to head. (Just wish it was at my house.)

Last edited by Zorro; 01-26-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:45 AM   #40
Ravioli27
Bat Boy

phewwwww. What a season. Was awesome to close the season tied up and play each other for the division. I'm sure ill see you in the playoffs!
Ravioli27 is offline   Reply With Quote