Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Scouting Level A but star ratings are different after signing

I have scouts with ability/potential above 16 scouting players on my shortlist. They are scouted multiple times so they are an A level. After i sign a player their star rating is totally different. For example, Scott darling had a star rating of 3.0 for both ability and potential. After signing he was a 1.5.

Is there a reason why it was that far off? My scouts were rated above 16 for ability and potential and the player had a Level A.
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

I've had the same issue in my first save but it doesn't seem to happen in my new sandbox mode. The only indicator I was able to use was the asking salary, if they show as a 3 star but only asking for 800k, he probably isn't really a 3-star. It doesn't seem right though when you have a scout rating of A and this happens....
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
jawz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I too have seen this in my career play where the rating drops after the player gets signed.
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
Fleascool
Bat Boy

I've noticed that when you click onto a player the rating is different and is their actual rating not what your scouts say.
So I now click on every player before I sign them.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleascool View Post
I've noticed that when you click onto a player the rating is different and is their actual rating not what your scouts say.
So I now click on every player before I sign them.
That doesn't seem right/good to me.....this, along with the increase/decrease reports always being accurate http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...203-post6.html seems to make scouting far less important/relevant than it should be
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Fleascool
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
That doesn't seem right/good to me.....this, along with the increase/decrease reports always being accurate http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...203-post6.html seems to make scouting far less important/relevant than it should be
I totally agree. Scouting players should be one of the highest priorities.
Look at how the Red Wings did it 15yrs ago, signing players at 200 at the draft that turn into Z!!
It should take a long time (3/4s of a season) to find out everything about a player not the game week as it currently is.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #7
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

The current abiliy and potential stars that are listed on the roster screen, is that the league's suggested rating or your scouts suggested rating?
Old 11-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #8
redtiger7
All Star Starter

This was a common problem in FHM2
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:27 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Bear in mind that "A" scouting status isn't supposed to be near-perfect, it's just the "accuracy isn't going to get any better with more scouting" indicator, to tell you that looking at the player more won't change the opinion of your staff. (Or if it drops down to B, that your information on the player has gotten a bit stale and can be upgraded.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:48 AM   #10
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Bear in mind that "A" scouting status isn't supposed to be near-perfect, it's just the "accuracy isn't going to get any better with more scouting" indicator, to tell you that looking at the player more won't change the opinion of your staff. (Or if it drops down to B, that your information on the player has gotten a bit stale and can be upgraded.)
It's a good thing that scouts make mistakes and are rarely 100% accurate but on the other hand I have yet to see a player who's rating actually improves when he's signed. This kind of "positive surprise" probably never happened in any of my games which seems a bit strange IMHO.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #11
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Are there any tips to spot any inaccuracies in the scouting reports when they reach level A?
Old 11-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #12
Nino33
Major Leagues

JeffR - are you saying Fleascool is incorrect? Because if he's correct, and "when you click onto a player the rating is different and is their actual rating not what your scouts say" then aren't the scouting levels/accuracy essentially meaningless?

I hope to see you answer and say that Fleascool is incorrect (or that if correct it will be changed).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Are there any tips to spot any inaccuracies in the scouting reports when they reach level A?
Have you tried Fleascool's "tip"?
Old 11-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #13
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
JeffR - are you saying Fleascool is incorrect? Because if he's correct, and "when you click onto a player the rating is different and is their actual rating not what your scouts say" then aren't the scouting levels/accuracy essentially meaningless?

I hope to see you answer and say that Fleascool is incorrect (or that if correct it will be changed).....
Hello JeffR (or Sebastian)

This question seemed to get missed in your answers/posts from last night, and I believe it's quite important and so I'm quoting it/bringing it up again to ensure it doesn't get missed
Old 11-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

100% of the players I signed or trade for had the same or a lower player rating. Players attributes drop during the first 2 weeks on my team
I NEVER HAD A PLAYER WITH BETTER RATING.

When I trade a player to another team, their attributes gets better. I get that the scouting is less accurate when a player is on another team, but frankly R. Luongo (41 years old) had 3.5 rating on my team and the next day he was 5.0 rating with Washington and mostly 19 attributes everywhere?

There must be a reason for this right?

Last edited by Benexcelsior; 11-15-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

The errors should work in both directions, so we'll check for potential problems with the displayed ratings.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #16
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Scouting is never an exact science, but the better your scout is the more accurate his report should be. Some players should naturally be worse than scouted while others should be better. This is the natural order of things in all of sports, not just hockey. If most or all of the players in FHM3 are worse than scouted, or better when with other teams, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the scouting engine.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote