Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
bhrangerfan0809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Help with exporting rosters containing fictional players

This is my first OOTP game and I am attempting to heavily edit a roster file. I have exported a file that I have been working on and imported it into another game and saw most of the changes reflected with the imported file, but I could not find any of the fictional players I created. Again, I'm completely new to the series, so I am sure this question will come across as being a "dumb" one to some, so my apologies if it is an ignorant one, but I would love to some light shed on this issue for me. Thank you very much!
bhrangerfan0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Are the fictional players assigned to certain teams or are they free agents? If they're free agents, then they'll be at the bottom of the exported file with all the other players who don't have teams.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #3
bhrangerfan0809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Are the fictional players assigned to certain teams or are they free agents? If they're free agents, then they'll be at the bottom of the exported file with all the other players who don't have teams.
I assigned them all to different teams.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

And they're not appearing on their assigned teams at all? Are their teams showing up in the roster exports?
Old 02-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
bhrangerfan0809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
And they're not appearing on their assigned teams at all? Are their teams showing up in the roster exports?
I'll just tell you what steps I take. Also, I accidentally posted this in the OOTP 15 forum, but this is with OOTP 14 (sorry). Ok, so I load my game up that I've been making edits with. I make more edits, including generating a fictional player so that I can edit him into a real life player. I edit ratings of already existing players as well. I then go to the commissioner's league options section and click "export roster." It immediately says the roster has been exported. I then start another game (with the "start a game with 2013 opening day rosters" option) and go back to the commissioner's league options section and click import rosters. I go back to the folder of the saved game I initially made the roster with and find the file under "import-export." I select it and it supposedly imports. I then check the rosters and they are not like the rosters I exported. Created players are missing and stats are not as I edited them. Again, I'm new to this game, so thanks for being patient with me.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809 View Post
I'll just tell you what steps I take. Also, I accidentally posted this in the OOTP 15 forum, but this is with OOTP 14 (sorry). Ok, so I load my game up that I've been making edits with. I make more edits, including generating a fictional player so that I can edit him into a real life player. I edit ratings of already existing players as well. I then go to the commissioner's league options section and click "export roster." It immediately says the roster has been exported. I then start another game (with the "start a game with 2013 opening day rosters" option) and go back to the commissioner's league options section and click import rosters. I go back to the folder of the saved game I initially made the roster with and find the file under "import-export." I select it and it supposedly imports. I then check the rosters and they are not like the rosters I exported. Created players are missing and stats are not as I edited them. Again, I'm new to this game, so thanks for being patient with me.
How are you saving the exports file? It should export as a text file. Open it in Excel, make your changes, and save it as a .csv file then re-import it.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:04 PM   #7
bhrangerfan0809
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
How are you saving the exports file? It should export as a text file. Open it in Excel, make your changes, and save it as a .csv file then re-import it.
I'm not quite sure how to view the file in Excel, although I can access it using TextEdit. Is it necessary to make the edits in Excel or save it as a .csv file?
Old 02-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #8
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I'm not quite sure how to view the file in Excel, although I can access it using TextEdit. Is it necessary to make the edits in Excel or save it as a .csv file?
It's the best way to do it. Right-click on the file, click on "Open With" and select Excel. When the Text Import Wizard comes up, make sure the circle by "Delimited" is checked, then press "Next". Then check "Tab" and "Comma" on the next screen then click "Next", and then click "Finish" on the last window. All the info will show up in its own cells. Make the edits you want then save the file as a .csv file in the import/export folder of the league you want to import the file into. Then direct OOTP to import that file. It should work.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Ah Ha...there lies your problem...you cannot import rosters from 1 game to another saved game...as the player ids may be and will be different for those fictional and real players..
The only way it'll work is if you copy all the data from your original game exports EXCEPT player ids and replace the roster, stats data EXCEPT player ids in your new games exports. Just don't touch and don't use the player ids in your exports. They're not interchangeable between save games.
Hope this makes sense..

Last edited by Bigrod; 02-10-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Ah Ha...there lies your problem...you cannot import rosters from 1 game to another saved game...as the player ids may be and will be different for those fictional and real players..
The only way it'll work is if you copy all the data from your original game exports EXCEPT player ids and replace the roster, stats data EXCEPT player ids in your new games exports. Just don't touch and don't use the player ids in your exports. They're not interchangeable between save games.
Hope this makes sense..
Ah! I forgot to add that part! Thanks, Bigrod!

Last edited by OBSL Commish; 02-10-2015 at 12:20 PM.