Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
winit87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Possible ncaa hockey option

I might be the minority here but being a hugh fan I think this option would be great
winit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
winit87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NCAA OPTION WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
nothing like sending a reply to yourself
Old 09-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by winit87 View Post
I might be the minority here but being a hugh fan I think this option would be great
It depends what the situation is going to be with FHM 2015. The previous way was, if you are willing to do the research then you'd more then likely be invited to do it and help the league be activated on the game but we don't know anything about how 2015 will work yet.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:18 AM   #4
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Unless there are people willing to do the research (and see it through) then leagues won't be playable.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

I gave some thought to pursuing a sort of abstracted-but-playable (using current game systems, e.g. a "draft" instead of recruiting) college system last year, but it would've still been a big project and that level of abstraction tends to generate a lot of complaints and disappointment. Better to do it properly, with real recruiting and special rules like maintaining academic eligibility, when we finally do it. College finances and the leadership structure of athletic programs obviously don't fit well into our current model, either, so we'd need to figure out something there.

And one other thing to consider: BTS, and possibly OOTP, may want to add college play in the future. It would probably make sense for all 3 to use the same college management model, both in terms of efficiency for us and familiarity for those of you who play more than one of our games. It's not something we've talked about much yet, though, since we've all got plenty of other things on the table, but if we do it that way it would affect how soon we add college hockey to FHM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I agree with you on that one, Jeff. Better to wait and do it right. Seeing as how vital it is to football I would think they'd be first to it.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't mind having College Leagues having an interlocking schedule with the Canadian Junior Leagues but that's probably asking for too much.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

why not change salary to scholarship? Each AD (instead of GM) gets scholarship money and some "perks" like off-campus housing, a hot cheerleader, of free concession stand food?
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by howeandhowe View Post
why not change salary to scholarship? Each AD (instead of GM) gets scholarship money and some "perks" like off-campus housing, a hot cheerleader, of free concession stand food?
it all takes time and prioritization is required. Personally I'm glad it's within their vision to include one day but other facets of the game require attention for now.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I love the idea of adding all sorts of leagues and whatever else but the game should focus on having a real good working model before taking on anything of major size. Get a very good, stable game and win back the guys from the first season and make a solid NHL game with some playable minor, junior and international leagues before worrying about something that will be a major project.

Don't get me wrong tho, I'd love to see that just in the furture
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
winit87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Solecismic software

Solecismic software had a college football sim a few years back that was'nt bad.
It had recruiting, academics, scholarships and a a small user option for scheduling ( 2or 3 non conference games)
Old 10-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #12
fredh53
Bat Boy

I would like that too!
fredh53 is offline   Reply With Quote